• Yes i can.

Russian Battleships Gangut Class

Russian Fighters and Bombers

Russian Tanks

The poor lonley sub

• How i paint my Russian Infantry.

1. Bring it out!
    2. Paint the body. (i use a green/brown color)
    3. Paint the gun brown.
    4. Paint the black details. Boots and rifle details.
    5. Paint the flesh, hands and face.
    6. Paint the bag.
    7. Paint the little bags on the belt.
    8. Varnish (not shown, i use a water based matt varnish)

Inspiration:

Gun: PPSh-41

• Thanks when I get 1942 next friday I plane to paint the peses leke you did.

• @MacMan131:

Thanks when I get 1942 next friday I plane to paint the peses leke you did.

Oh really? I hope you will show them on the forum when you have painted some!

• @Swedo:

@MacMan131:

Thanks when I get 1942 next friday I plane to paint the peses leke you did.

Oh really? I hope you will show them on the forum when you have painted some!

I will. I only have a few paints so what I can paint I will paint. I will get some more paints the week after.

• One thing what would you sagest to use for paints and paintbrushes. I have some GW paints and paintbrushes but they are so expensive. I have a Canadian Tire and Michaels in Halifax. Also do you have any good painting tips for me?

• @MacMan131:

One thing what would you sagest to use for paints and paintbrushes. I have some GW paints and paintbrushes but they are so expensive. I have a Canadian Tire and Michaels in Halifax. Also do you have any good painting tips for me?

Well i only use 2 kinds of brushes (they get worn out pretty fast so buy a few)

Here are my brushes, 1 tiny and 1 flat also very tiny.

My budget paints. I bought them for the flesh color, but the black, white, brown and ocra is also good to use.

Humbrols from some modelplanes. Very good for plastic! (i have more colors of these, but the one in the picture is the ones i used most)

I use a shotglass with water to clean my brush and to delute the paints. Some russian infantries in the making in the background.
    (yes the desk is dusty :()

I have no good tips for you, find your own way. Dont do too much details, it takes forever. :S

• Thanks

• I love the painted pieces, very sharp!! I ve been playin A and A, classic that is, when all the molds were the the same lol, since I was a pre teen. My old man had his pieces painted for as long as I could remember. Nothing as accurate as yours, Swedo, but I have a huge appreciation for the time and efforts put into personallizing the game. I still play A and A every other Sunday with my old man and another buddy of ours. Not just classic as mentioned but all the others maps as well. We have newly painted pieces for the newer games, including heros for just about every country. I ll talk to my fellow gamers and see if we can get some pics on here for you to see. Once again great job on the painting man, I enjoyed them!!  :-)

• @Mugzy:

I love the painted pieces, very sharp!! I ve been playin A and A, classic that is, when all the molds were the the same lol, since I was a pre teen. My old man had his pieces painted for as long as I could remember. Nothing as accurate as yours, Swedo, but I have a huge appreciation for the time and efforts put into personallizing the game. I still play A and A every other Sunday with my old man and another buddy of ours. Not just classic as mentioned but all the others maps as well. We have newly painted pieces for the newer games, including heros for just about every country. I ll talk to my fellow gamers and see if we can get some pics on here for you to see. Once again great job on the painting man, I enjoyed them!!  :-)

Thank you! It would be fun to see your pieces. Everyone is painting then differently and its always fun to see how other did.
    Is it easy to play with painted pieces? I dont have anyone to play with, so i cant test my pieces :( but i can take a picture of the bord setup with all the painted pieces on if you like.

• Customizer

Niiice upper deck action on the Gangut, and cool follow-up on the hull of that sub!  :mrgreen:

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Man, awesome!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Viracocha:

and cool follow-up on the hull of that sub!

Yeah, I really liked that.

• @Swedo:

Is it easy to play with painted pieces? I dont have anyone to play with, so i cant test my pieces :( but i can take a picture of the bord setup with all the painted pieces on if you like.

Yeah playing with the painted pieces is very easy! What a bummer that you put all this effort into painting your pieces and dont have anyone to test them with. I d love to see the board all set up with your pieces. If you wanna check out our pieces you can see a lot of pics at dicetruction.blogspot.ca

• @Mugzy:

@Swedo:

Yeah playing with the painted pieces is very easy! What a bummer that you put all this effort into painting your pieces and dont have anyone to test them with. I d love to see the board all set up with your pieces. If you wanna check out our pieces you can see a lot of pics at dicetruction.blogspot.ca

Yes it is… my girlfriend promised to play with me when i finished painting (like if it will ever end). But she wont go full heart in at all… she is more intressted in counting the VC every 5 minute to ensure that i dont trick her to play longer then she has to :/ I have not painted evrything yet, but i can set upp Germany and Japan 100%. USA 95% and UK/Russia little less. But i can show you.

Btw i like the roundels on the infantry. I would like to do that too but its too much job :(

• I d love to see the board all set up with your pieces.

Here are some pictures of my crowded OOB map. (i would like to have a bigger one, like ILs map, but since i dont have anyone to play with, i have to cope with this)

(russia had to borrow some artillerys from the states due to order issues)

From above.

Not as crowded pacific section.

Empty siberia and china… lazy communists!

Still only primed sub and transport for UK. Any ideas how UK transports looked?

• Some navy shots: (mainly BB and CV, some CA too, no DD or SS)

UK fleet rigged with 3 carriers :O

Half Japanese fleet, ready to invade!

Small but cool german navy.

US fleet, North Carolina and Hornet visible in middle.

(Russian navy sunk)

• These pics are great, but do you got French, Anzac, or Italians painted?

• @Imperious:

These pics are great, but do you got French, Anzac, or Italians painted?

No i only own 1942 :/ i would like to have Tigers and P-40s and ofc. french infantry and italian pieces :)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Swedo:

@Imperious:

These pics are great, but do you got French, Anzac, or Italians painted?

No i only own 1942 :/ i would like to have Tigers and P-40s and ofc. french infantry and italian pieces :)

You can order some from Historical Board Gaming:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Germany_c_197.html

Not sure how shipping would work if you are in Europe, but at least you can just purchase some pieces and not the entire game. That is what I did.

Love the pictures; looks awesome.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m