HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• @Variable:

@Yavid:

Not checked: little capital markers (still want them)

Have you seen these?

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-3D-Victory-City-Acrylic-_p_952.html

Yeah I’ve seen them and they are nice for generic capital pieces but I think we as an Axis and Allies community with between the standard game, '41, '14, HBG and FMG pieces that we have moved past generic pieces. Basically I’m now spoiled and want nation specific pieces only now. See complain about French-Russian pieces

• Customizer

Maybe the guys at HBG could design little city pieces similar to the ones in Fortress America. Except these would have little tiny landmarks distinguishing each city:
    Washington DC with a little capital building and Washington Monument
    Moscow with a little Kremlin
    Paris with a little Eiffel Tower
    London with a little Big Ben
    San Francisco with a little Golden Gate Bridge
    Berlin with a little Reichstag
    Rome with a little Coliseum
    Honolulu with a little Pearl Harbor
    I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

• @knp7765:

Maybe the guys at HBG could design little city pieces similar to the ones in Fortress America. Except these would have little tiny landmarks distinguishing each city:
    I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

that’s a little more than pieces then I’m talking about. But you’re dead on what I’m looking for.

• @knp7765:

Berlin should be represented wit the Brandenburg Gate imo.

• @knp7765:

Honolulu with a little Pearl Harbor I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

A torii would work nicely for Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torii

Regarding Pearl Harbor, I’m not sure.  The other structures you mention are buildings (and very distinctive “postcard” ones) but Pearl Harbor was a whole naval complex (and one which the average person wouldn’t recognize).  What about the Aloha Tower as an alternative?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Tower

• '17

@CWO:

@knp7765:

Honolulu with a little Pearl Harbor I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

A torii would work nicely for Japan.  RAKKASAN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torii

Regarding Pearl Harbor, I’m not sure.  The other structures you mention are buildings (and very distinctive “postcard” ones) but Pearl Harbor was a whole naval complex (and one which the average person wouldn’t recognize).  What about the Aloha Tower as an alternative?

How about the Arizona Memorial?  Or are you looking for something that was in existence during WWII?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Tower

• @knp7765:

Hey Yavid,
    There is going to be a KV-1 in that new Kursk game they are working on.

Yeah I know but I’m not sure that game is a sure thing. I would like all 3 pieces they are showing us from that game. Elefants, KV-1s, and SU-152s oh my.

War Plan: Orange looks awesome too.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

:lol:@Yavid:

Hey HBG do you guys know when the 2nd Japanese pre-orders will be ready to be shipped?

Received them yesterday, going through them and will start shipping next week. We move this weekend to our new space so that slows us down a bit. Sorry, just bad timing.

@Yavid:

@knp7765:

Hey Yavid,

Yeah I know but I’m not sure that game is a sure thing. I would like all 3 pieces they are showing us from that game. Elefants, KV-1s, and SU-152s oh my.

Both games are a sure thing, we are already working on rules for both games as well as the sculpts, both games are 1/2 done with their sculpts. These are going to be really cool games with really neat pieces.

• @coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@knp7765:

Hey Yavid,

Both games are a sure thing, we are already working on rules for both games as well as the sculpts, both games are 1/2 done with their sculpts. These are going to be really cool games with really neat pieces.

are we going to be able to buy the pieces separately from the game to add in to anything we feel the game is short on

• Customizer

Ohh good question Yavid. Im really interested in the pieces as a separate purhcase.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Yavid:

@coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@knp7765:

Hey Yavid,

are we going to be able to buy the pieces separately from the game to add in to anything we feel the game is short on

Yes, that is an excellent question.

Your first board game is Midway, right?

Will we be able to buy extra pieces for any of the board games?

Thanks,

John

@toblerone77:

Ohh good question Yavid. Im really interested in the pieces as a separate purhcase.

We are addressing that so people do not pass on the game and only buy the pieces. We will work something out.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

We are addressing that so people do not pass on the game and only buy the pieces. We will work something out.

You know Coach I would buy your boxed games for not just pieces. Especially plan Orange. I missed out on kickstarter for Amerika due to finances, but I will be buying the game, maybe several copies, when it comes out. A map and pieces package for the new Global map would be great. I’d honestly love to see you guys be the next great American war gaming company.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

I’d be interested in providing the 3D models for these if HBG or someone else had interest in making them, and if there was demand from the community. Just a thought, respond to this thread or send me a PM if there is interest.

Edit: I’ve started a thread to discuss this topic here: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=33379.0

• '12

Can someone plz tell us when are the japanese sets will start ship?

• @georgemak1:

+1

• '16

@georgemak1:

Yes, plz.

• '12

ok May is approaching, any word on the shipping status of the pieces?

We WILL start shipping on Monday May 5th. we have had many QC issues with this set.
    We are very sorry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m