HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• @Yavid:

@Variable:

@Yavid:

@CWO:

I’ve just noticed that HBG’s battle pieces index page has been given an improved look.��  In addition to the three traditional “In Production” / “Design Stage” / “Wish List” category pictures, it now also shows 12 national roundels which can be clicked to bring you to a particular national subcategory.��Â

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Battle-Pieces_c_14.html

everytime I check out HBG i check out the wish list section and :( there’s never anything there

What would like to wish for?

First $1 million in unmarked bills… a 1967 shelby mustang (Ellenor)… I have the hot blonde so moving away from that… oh and to be a rock star (insert song here)

Seeing as I doubt I’ll get those. How about a little grey capital markers, kick ass little Kermlin and Riechstag. A UK set with a two engine bomber, a US set with the long tom artillery, French pieces that are well French, a KV-1 piece, oh and can you guys offer a Neutral set that has 12 white inf., 4 ivory inf., 3 little grey inf. and 4 orange inf. and finally a ANZAC set. After all that and my head stops spinning from all the cool little army men I have time to think of what’s missing from there.

oh and a machine with the abilitie to fast forward and rewind time.

or am I asking to much?

In the year and a half since my post you guys have done awesome filling my wish list.
    Check: UK set with 2 engine bomber, ANZAC set

Planning to be checked: US set with long tom artillery, French pieces that are French

Not checked: little capital markers (still want them), Neutral set (don’t want it anymore because I just bought them separately), KV-1 (where’s my KV-1 and don’t tell me I’ll shot my eye out)

Above and beyond: This is the stuff I didn’t either know I wanted until you guys said it was going to be made. Catalina Flying Boat, Everything in the UK set, Panzer IV, everything in the new USA set, Sea planes.

Being a consumer that apparently is never satisfied I’m already working on a new wish list if you want to hear it.

All in all good job guys

• Customizer

Hey Yavid,
    There is going to be a KV-1 in that new Kursk game they are working on.

• Customizer

I just ordered some Russians and the new Allied Supplement white and orange units. I would like to implement the yellow-green neutrals as Nationalist Chinese so I bought another set of those.

As for the pre-orders, I may be moving soon and I’m still impatiently waiting for my Japanese units so in combination of fearing that I’m spending too much I’m holding off on the UK set. These ones I cannot wait to get.

• Hey HBG do you guys know when the 2nd Japanese pre-orders will be ready to be shipped?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Yavid:

Not checked: little capital markers (still want them)

Have you seen these?

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-3D-Victory-City-Acrylic-_p_952.html

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Yavid:

Hey HBG do you guys know when the 2nd Japanese pre-orders will be ready to be shipped?

Should be in any day now. Then a few days to QC… Very close guys, very close.

It reminds me of being a kid and having to save up UPC codes or bubble gum wrappers, then sending off the form to Somewhereville, USA. 6-8 weeks later a little box shows up WITH THE COOLEST THINGY EVER!  :mrgreen:

• @Variable:

@Yavid:

Not checked: little capital markers (still want them)

Have you seen these?

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-3D-Victory-City-Acrylic-_p_952.html

Yeah I’ve seen them and they are nice for generic capital pieces but I think we as an Axis and Allies community with between the standard game, '41, '14, HBG and FMG pieces that we have moved past generic pieces. Basically I’m now spoiled and want nation specific pieces only now. See complain about French-Russian pieces

• Customizer

Maybe the guys at HBG could design little city pieces similar to the ones in Fortress America. Except these would have little tiny landmarks distinguishing each city:
    Washington DC with a little capital building and Washington Monument
    Moscow with a little Kremlin
    Paris with a little Eiffel Tower
    London with a little Big Ben
    San Francisco with a little Golden Gate Bridge
    Berlin with a little Reichstag
    Rome with a little Coliseum
    Honolulu with a little Pearl Harbor
    I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

• @knp7765:

Maybe the guys at HBG could design little city pieces similar to the ones in Fortress America. Except these would have little tiny landmarks distinguishing each city:
    Washington DC with a little capital building and Washington Monument
    Moscow with a little Kremlin
    Paris with a little Eiffel Tower
    London with a little Big Ben
    San Francisco with a little Golden Gate Bridge
    Rome with a little Coliseum
    Honolulu with a little Pearl Harbor
    I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

that’s a little more than pieces then I’m talking about. But you’re dead on what I’m looking for.

• @knp7765:

Berlin should be represented wit the Brandenburg Gate imo.

• @knp7765:

Honolulu with a little Pearl Harbor I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

A torii would work nicely for Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torii

Regarding Pearl Harbor, I’m not sure.  The other structures you mention are buildings (and very distinctive “postcard” ones) but Pearl Harbor was a whole naval complex (and one which the average person wouldn’t recognize).  What about the Aloha Tower as an alternative?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Tower

• '17

@CWO:

@knp7765:

Honolulu with a little Pearl Harbor I am not familiar enough with the rest of the Victory Cities architecture to note famous landmarks there. I do know that Tokyo is next to a big volcano, Mt. Fuji I believe.

A torii would work nicely for Japan.  RAKKASAN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torii

Regarding Pearl Harbor, I’m not sure.  The other structures you mention are buildings (and very distinctive “postcard” ones) but Pearl Harbor was a whole naval complex (and one which the average person wouldn’t recognize).  What about the Aloha Tower as an alternative?

How about the Arizona Memorial?  Or are you looking for something that was in existence during WWII?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Tower

• @knp7765:

Hey Yavid,

Yeah I know but I’m not sure that game is a sure thing. I would like all 3 pieces they are showing us from that game. Elefants, KV-1s, and SU-152s oh my.

War Plan: Orange looks awesome too.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

:lol:@Yavid:

Hey HBG do you guys know when the 2nd Japanese pre-orders will be ready to be shipped?

Received them yesterday, going through them and will start shipping next week. We move this weekend to our new space so that slows us down a bit. Sorry, just bad timing.

@Yavid:

@knp7765:

Hey Yavid,

Yeah I know but I’m not sure that game is a sure thing. I would like all 3 pieces they are showing us from that game. Elefants, KV-1s, and SU-152s oh my.

Both games are a sure thing, we are already working on rules for both games as well as the sculpts, both games are 1/2 done with their sculpts. These are going to be really cool games with really neat pieces.

• @coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@knp7765:

Hey Yavid,

Both games are a sure thing, we are already working on rules for both games as well as the sculpts, both games are 1/2 done with their sculpts. These are going to be really cool games with really neat pieces.

are we going to be able to buy the pieces separately from the game to add in to anything we feel the game is short on

• Customizer

Ohh good question Yavid. Im really interested in the pieces as a separate purhcase.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Yavid:

@coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@knp7765:

Hey Yavid,

are we going to be able to buy the pieces separately from the game to add in to anything we feel the game is short on

Yes, that is an excellent question.

Your first board game is Midway, right?

Will we be able to buy extra pieces for any of the board games?

Thanks,

John

@toblerone77:

Ohh good question Yavid. Im really interested in the pieces as a separate purhcase.

We are addressing that so people do not pass on the game and only buy the pieces. We will work something out.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

We are addressing that so people do not pass on the game and only buy the pieces. We will work something out.

You know Coach I would buy your boxed games for not just pieces. Especially plan Orange. I missed out on kickstarter for Amerika due to finances, but I will be buying the game, maybe several copies, when it comes out. A map and pieces package for the new Global map would be great. I’d honestly love to see you guys be the next great American war gaming company.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m