• +1 for the LCM idea, however much smaller than the Table Tactics version…

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yes exactly.

• Gents, I would eventually like to have all three, LST, LCM and LVCP. Think of the invasion only Game like D-Day, it could be modified where all Overlord forces must arrive via landing craft.  Think what German Panthers and 88mms could do to a landing force in that game if all Allied forces are transported to the beaches via landing craft.
    LST transports 3 units per craft
    LCM transports 2 units per craft
    LVCP transports 1 unit per craft
    Landing craft have a defense factor of 1 or  0?
    Embarked units are lost if the landing craft is sunk.
    Embarked units have a 0 defense factor
    If this is the wrong place for this suggestion please let me know.
    V/R

• its way too much… just one unit LST.

• are you still planing on making both china sets?

• Customizer

HBG is making an LVT in the US Marines set.  Isn’t that a type of landing craft?
    I’m a little unfamiliar with the landing craft terms.  What are LST, LCM and LVCP?  Is one of those also called a “Higgens Boat”?  If so, which one and what are the other two?

• '10

I would really like to see a landing craft and a PT boat.  PLEASE, don’t make me make them!

• For those who want to know here is the USN type of Landing craft.  This will clear up the acronym use by us retired Military types for everyone else.

LSD- Dock Landing Ship
    LST-Tank Landing Ship
    LCM- Mechanized Landing Craft
    LCVP-Vehicle Personnel Landing Craft 
    LSM- Medium Landing Ship
    LCPL-Large Personnel Landing Craft
    LSM®-Medium Landing Ship Rocket
    LCU-Utility Landing Craft
    LPD-Amphibious Transport Dock
    Higgins Boat requires more research, more to come. Cheers

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Lunarwolf:

are you still planing on making both china sets?

The plans are to make them, but we will see how sales go, I have not taken any money and I am working on my third mould. (Very Expensive)
    Axis Minor set is projected for me to have pieces for sale on Aug 5.

• Great news HBG we are looking forward to them.

• @coachofmany:

FMG is doing the Helldiver.

I believe FMG was going to mold the F6F Hellcat.  Not the same as the SB2C Helldiver, which was the replacement for the SBD Dauntless.  As Jeremy wrote above, they intend to mold the TBF Avenger.

• If I may make a humble request, I’d like to see an A-26 Invader sculpt for a tactical bomber. If possible, I would like the fixed nose versions bristling with machine guns!

• @C_Strabala:

If I may make a humble request, I’d like to see an A-26 Invader sculpt for a tactical bomber. If possible, I would like the fixed nose versions bristling with machine guns!

Personally, I’d love to see that too.  It’s a different style than the dive bomber (dauntless) and the torp bomber (avenger).  Skip Bombing campaign!

don’t think the molding of guns would fly in scale of this size.  especially since the molds all seem to be top/bottom release, so at best you could get 2 muzzles along the center line of the nose, and that would look….  wrong.

• Good point about the mouldings. I didn’t consider the fact that the scale would not lend itself well to gun muzzles.

• Customizer

I also think that visually the A-26 is a smart choice for a Tac Bomber.

• '14

An idea I read in earlier posts would be good. Split the tac bomber category up. Have medium bombers and dive/torpedo bombers. If we could get all countries to have a 4 engine bomber, a 2 engine bomber and a single engine bomber you would have heavy, medium and tac(dive/torpedo). This will be good for people that use techs. Also if players playing Germany or japan want to perdue heavy bombers they would have a pieces that look like a heavy! Just sayin!

@Tigerman77:

An idea I read in earlier posts would be good. Split the tac bomber category up. Have medium bombers and dive/torpedo bombers. If we could get all countries to have a 4 engine bomber, a 2 engine bomber and a single engine bomber you would have heavy, medium and tac(dive/torpedo). This will be good for people that use techs. Also if players playing Germany or japan want to perdue heavy bombers they would have a pieces that look like a heavy! Just sayin!

The B-25 that I am making for the US set will be the same size as the Bombers in OOB German and Japan bombers. This will become the Med. Bomber for the game since they are 2 engine. All 4 engine will be heavy and torpedo/dive will be Tacs.
    Of course you can use them how you want, but my thinking is in line with Tigerman77.
    Now that I think about it he might of swayed me to go this route.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@Tigerman77:

The B-25 that I am making for the US set will be the same size as the Bombers in OOB German and Japan bombers. This will become the Med. Bomber for the game since they are 2 engine. All 4 engine will be heavy and torpedo/dive will be Tacs.
    Of course you can use them how you want, but my thinking is in line with Tigerman77.
    Now that I think about it he might of swayed me to go this route.

Does this mean that you might develop heavy bomber pieces for the Axis?  At present, all they have is medium bombers.  Even FMG’s Italian bomber, the SM 79, was really medium size.

Yes,
    The Axis will have heavy Bombers!

• Coach, May I suggest for your Luftwaffe Heavy Bomber the Fock Wolf FW 200 Condor.  It was a 4 engine bomber, Long Range Recon and some even used as transports.  It was a big plane almost the size B-17 or the B-24.

Second suggestion: The only purpose built Strategic German Heavy Bomber was Henikel HE-177/HE-274 GREIF, Drawback, this aircraft was only a two engine plane. Carried two tons of bombs up to a 1000 miles.  It was designed to do 60 degree dive bombing runs as well.  Luftwaffe crews nicknamed it the FLYING COFFIN. To many of them had engine fires.  Real good color pictures top/side views can be found at WINGS PALETTE. http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/1037 :-D :-D :-D :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m