G40 Communist China? Like Nationalist China but controlled by Soviets?

• Has anyone considered having Communist Chinese forces displayed on the G40 (or Pacific 40) board? Any house rules out there for them? Maybe like Nationalist China but have soviets control them for more play time for them? I was thinking of buying some old russian troops that are brighter red (rather than the brown) for Red China or something. (I have rewards points from HBG lol).

• On my customized G40 table, I allocated Shensi to Mao’s ChiCom forces.  It’s roughly where he ended up after the Long March, and roughly the territory he controlled during WWII.  If you go to this thread…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32700.0

…and click on the image labeled “8 Pacific Left Panel.jpg” to expand the picture, you’ll see the roundel indicating their position.  I’ve never really gotten around to creating rules for the Chinese Communists, but realistically all they should get is a few infantry units and (just possibly) some light artillery.  Chiang’s Republic of China forces are underpowered compared with the other G40 nations, but Mao’s ChiCom forces should have even less at their disposal because they were basically just a guerrila force.  I don’t know if the Soviets provided them with any hardware, but they almost certainly got nothing from the Americans or the British (unlike Chiang’s forces, who received a fair bit of material support from their Anglo-American allies).  The Hundred Regiments Offensive was the biggest operation that Mao conducted against the Japanese, but for the most part it was a sabotage operation aimed at infrastructure (like railways).

• @CWO:

On my customized G40 table, I allocated Shensi to Mao’s ChiCom forces.� It’s roughly where he ended up after the Long March, and roughly the territory he controlled during WWII.� If you go to this thread…

…and click on the image labeled “8 Pacific Left Panel.jpg” to expand the picture, you’ll see the roundel indicating their position.� I’ve never really gotten around to creating rules for the Chinese Communists, but realistically all they should get is a few infantry units and (just possibly) some light artillery.� Chiang’s Republic of China forces are underpowered compared with the other G40 nations, but Mao’s ChiCom forces should have even less at their disposal because they were basically just a guerrila force.� I don’t know if the Soviets provided them with any hardware, but they almost certainly got nothing from the Americans or the British (unlike Chiang’s forces, who received a fair bit of material support from their Anglo-American allies).� The Hundred Regiments Offensive was the biggest operation that Mao conducted against the Japanese, but for the most part it was a sabotage operation aimed at infrastructure (like railways).

Thanks for the feedback. I considered giving them say two or three proviences, just so it was something more than 1. And say that they could purchase arty so long as they had Kansu (connection with USSR). But I suppose it is really just duplicating turns. Also–when in the move Order would the Communist Chinese go?

• @armyman_83:

Also–when in the move Order would the Communist Chinese go?

As I mentioned, I never really worked out how to use the Chinese Communists – but off the top of my head, I’d be inclined to make them controlled by the Soviet player and to put them here in the Global 1940 turn order:

1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United States
    5. China (Republic)
    6. United Kingdom
    7. Italy
    8. ANZAC
    9. Chinese Communists
    10. France

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

It would be fun to include the Chinese Communists as a special guerrilla power that would give the Soviet player a nice break from the drudgery of mounting a possibly futile defense of Moscow. I have a few thoughts:

-In guerrilla fashion, the Chinese Communists may place units in Japanese territories, if they are occupied they act as blockers for Japan’s next turn and if empty they change ownership.

-During combat, all surviving guerrilla units “hide” after the first round and the battle ends. In essence this borrows from 1914’s contested territory concept, and the presence of guerrillas sabotaging production can be simulated with Japan collecting no income from the territory.

-Communist forces may never move into a territory occupied by any Allied unit.

-In order to generate some income, the communists should get a token NO for Soviet support, maybe 2 IPC as long as any Russian territory is linked to any Chinese (Nationalist or Communist) territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m