Possible FMG Boardgaming weekend??

• '10

Hello,
            I have always wanted to host a gaming event.  I am floating the idea of starting one up.  (Sorry to my American Friends…  it would be in Toronto).

How many members are in the GTA and would be interested in coming to an FMG sponsored Board Gaming weekend?  Lots o AAA and other war games etc…

Jeremy

• Sounds great man. Come half way around the world for me and conduct one! I’d be in  :-D

• It’s a great idea, Jeremy, though unfortunately I won’t be able to attend because Montreal isn’t (yet?) part of the Greater Toronto Area.

Jeremy,
        Let me make a suggestion… Make use of our sign in map stickied in this forum. It will definitely supply you with guaranteed close by prospects whom you can PM.

GG

• '10

@Guerrilla:

Jeremy,
        Let me make a suggestion… Make use of our sign in map stickied in this forum. It will definitely supply you with guaranteed close by prospects whom you can PM.

GG

Thanks for the TIP!

• '10

Today I am going to see an old RAF Barracks as a possible venue for the event.

420 Group RCAF

• '10

This board game weekend is a GO!  FMGC (Field Marshal Game Con)

March 19th - 20th

Oshawa, ON, Canada

More details to follow

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

If I come out, will I have a seat? How long will it be for? (Just the one day?)  What country can I play?

• '10

@Gargantua:

If I come out, will I have a seat? How long will it be for? (Just the one day?)  What country can I play?

There will be many players there so I’m sure you can get in on a game.  Or bring your own and get players to join you.  It is an OPEN Gaming weekend.

• What kind of age group are you looking for?  :?

• '10

@spartan:

What kind of age group are you looking for?  :?

All ages welcome.  It is an OPEN event.  Bring your son or daughter (if they can play).  Bring your AAA games, Settlers of Catan, Monopoly… whatever.

It is just a forum where gamers can congregate and play games in a thematic atmosphere.  There will be door prizes and draws also!  Find players for your games, join in on games and connect and meet other gamers in your area.

We have never done this before so we do not know what to expect or how many people will attend.

PRESS RELEASE will be Next Thursday with final details.

Thanks

Jeremy

• You should post the details on the FMG website and some of the other forums, or see if you can get an article about it on the front page :-D

• '10

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WOW! Love the poster!  Who did the Artwork?

Also,  looking at $350 return flight…  Driving will cost more then that and be 44 hours +.

Still thinking about it.  $40 for the weekend,  + other food and necessities.

Hey FMG you got a place for me to stay if I come out - or am I hoteling?  And should I rent a car? Cabs SUCK.

• '10

@Gargantua:

WOW! Love the poster!  Who did the Artwork?

Also,  looking at $350 return flight…  Driving will cost more then that and be 44 hours +.

Still thinking about it.  $40 for the weekend,  + other food and necessities.

Hey FMG you got a place for me to stay if I come out - or am I hoteling?  And should I rent a car? Cabs SUCK.

It sounds like you are coming from far away!!  I have to warn you that I don’t know what kind of turn-out to expect as this is the FIRST one.

I wish I could house all of my American .org friends but I can not.  My wife would KILL me!  There are many reasonable hotels in the area.

• '10

Lets move discussion to the Official thread in the EVENTS section.  I now have that thread linked from the FMG main website.

Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m