Why were there only 3 play-test games for Global?

• If i’m being “zealous” or testy as it were, consider I’ve been choking on the lemon that is P40 since release.    Have dealt with the forum trolls and fanboys since then who have said “you are crazy, J1 attack is suicide…”

those same people BLINDLY defend LH and G40/E40.

as for being “part of the solution”

In my society, I exchange money for goods and services.  I go to a restaurant and pay to have someone else cook the meal, bring it to me, and clean up…I don’t expect to be directed to the kitchen by the hostess.

If WOTC/HASBRO/LH wants to put me on the payroll, I’m all for doing the job that should have been done initially.   But when I’m a consumer, I shouldn’t be expected to FIX the problems.

I guess my answer to “help out the cause and be part of the solution” is…

No.

• @MaherC:

If i’m being “zealous” or testy as it were, consider I’ve been choking on the lemon that is P40 since release.    Have dealt with the forum trolls and fanboys since then who have said “you are crazy, J1 attack is suicide…”

those same people BLINDLY defend LH and G40/E40.

as for being “part of the solution”

In my society, I exchange money for goods and services.  I go to a restaurant and pay to have someone else cook the meal, bring it to me, and clean up…I don’t expect to be directed to the kitchen by the hostess.

If WOTC/HASBRO/LH wants to put me on the payroll, I’m all for doing the job that should have been done initially.  But when I’m a consumer, I shouldn’t be expected to FIX the problems.

I guess my answer to “help out the cause and be part of the solution” is…

No.

Fine. But then there’s no point in complaining about it. It’s not like they’ll give you your money back for this. In fact, you don’t even have to participate. let others come up with a solution, and then you can easily make the changes. But, I guess you’re too principled to use errata. That’s the problem with people; they are so inflexible that they can’t deviate even a bit from their ideology

• @dadler12:

As an upset consumer, make your point to WOTC. They don’t read this forum. This is a forum for players. You may have to call them, email them, or write them an angry letter. But insulting fellow players on an internet forum will not help anything.

As you are new here I’ll cut you some slack.   Go to the p40 forums.  read about all the complaining that myself and others did to WOTC to FINALLY get them to mail out 6 Tac Bombers.    I’m now apathetic to the cause, since nothing was learned by WOTC/LH with the p40 screwups.

• @MaherC:

@dadler12:

As an upset consumer, make your point to WOTC. They don’t read this forum. This is a forum for players. You may have to call them, email them, or write them an angry letter. But insulting fellow players on an internet forum will not help anything.

As you are new here I’ll cut you some slack.  Go to the p40 forums.  read about all the complaining that myself and others did to WOTC to FINALLY get them to mail out 6 Tac Bombers.    I’m now apathetic to the cause, since nothing was learned by WOTC/LH with the p40 screwups.

Really? Okay, what is your list of problems with E40?

• I should not have to print out extra pages to staple into the rulebook, make new stickers to put on top of the setup chart, use a marker to correctly draw sea zone lines…

I seriously considered printing off the gameboard instead of buying it.   I have such a thing that I use as my travel AA50.  But silly me I supported the company and bought it, wanting to have something that wasn’t put together piecemeal…

Oh wait, that’s what I’m going to have to do w/G40, P40 and perhaps E40 (should someone come up w/a J3IC style move for it)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@MaherC:

@dadler12:

As you are new here I’ll cut you some slack.   Go to the p40 forums.  read about all the complaining that myself and others did to WOTC to FINALLY get them to mail out 6 Tac Bombers.    I’m now apathetic to the cause, since nothing was learned by WOTC/LH with the p40 screwups.

As I’m not going to bother arguing w/you (see previous discussion where I pointed out you live w/your parents and are still wet behind the ears)  I’ll give you an easy one for E40….why doesn’t the ocean color match P40?

• @MaherC:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@MaherC:

@dadler12:

As you are new here I’ll cut you some slack.  Go to the p40 forums.  read about all the complaining that myself and others did to WOTC to FINALLY get them to mail out 6 Tac Bombers.    I’m now apathetic to the cause, since nothing was learned by WOTC/LH with the p40 screwups.

As I’m not going to bother arguing w/you (see previous discussion where I pointed out you live w/your parents and are still wet behind the ears)  I’ll give you an easy one for E40….why doesn’t the ocean color match P40?

Yes, an ad hominem: just because I’m not 18 means my opinions are irrational.

Also, unmatched ocean color is better than missing tacs, wrong battleboard, and broken game. The game can’t be perfect, otherwise it would be released in 2015 and cost twice what anniversary costs on Amazon(hyperbole here).

• @MaherC:

I should not have to print out extra pages to staple into the rulebook, make new stickers to put on top of the setup chart, use a marker to correctly draw sea zone lines…

I seriously considered printing off the gameboard instead of buying it.   I have such a thing that I use as my travel AA50.  But silly me I supported the company and bought it, wanting to have something that wasn’t put together piecemeal…

Oh wait, that’s what I’m going to have to do w/G40, P40 and perhaps E40 (should someone come up w/a J3IC style move for it)

A FAQ is an addendum. No need to staple it to your rulebook.

Stickers for the setup chart? Are you nuts? That is for P40.

Sea zone lines are correct in E40.

Let me clue you in a little, Mr. Anti-fan boy blah blah blah. - Don’t like it, don’t buy it. Like it, buy it. But don’t complain about problems that don’t exist.

• Name one current product out on the market that is perfect.

There are none.

Life is full of compromise - we could all have an A&A game with solid gold pieces, and a marble board, but it would cost tens of thousands of dollars. Given the price point, you are getting value for your money. Is it perfect? No. Could it be better? Yes. Is it awesome? YES!

• @reloader-1:

@MaherC:

I should not have to print out extra pages to staple into the rulebook, make new stickers to put on top of the setup chart, use a marker to correctly draw sea zone lines…

A FAQ is an addendum. No need to staple it to your rulebook.

Stickers for the setup chart? Are you nuts? That is for P40.

Sea zone lines are correct in E40.

Let me clue you in a little, Mr. Anti-fan boy blah blah blah. - Don’t like it, don’t buy it. Like it, buy it. But don’t complain about problems that don’t exist.

I’d like to add that he doesn’t need stickers as lond as he memorizes the setup which everyone does once they’ve played it enough times. He just wants to be spoonfed everything and refutes people who disagree with him by saying their opinions are invalid because they aren’t 18 yet

• Wow!, this thread has gotten pretty hostile.  Forgive my intrusion because I have nothing to say about the playtesting.  The game, considering all factors, is an all-around good time in my opinion.  However, I do have to say MaherC, you are hilarious! and I don’t mean that as a compliment.  I’ve never seen someone get so angry and use such malicious language on a board game forum.  But do cut me some lack because I’m so new here…… please. :-D

• What do expect from an Ohio State fan.

• OK this thread was real and fun, but it was not real fun.

So it’s closed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m