• Hey everyone. I’ve lately become a regular playing 1942.2 edition but just downloaded TripleA and decided to test my luck after watching a bunch of Global videos on YouTube(thank you Young Grasshopper). I decided to play my first game against Hard AI and I took all three Axis nations. Turn 1 went extremely well for me, a little too well in terms of luck actually. However after turn 1 I decided to ask for some advice on turn 2.I purchased a Carrier and 2 Transports with Germany and destroyed both UK/French fleets with my airforce and subs/battleship with the loss of 1 sub, 1 fighter and a hit on my Battleship. This was with a 3 plane scramble too. I also managed to take out the Canadian Destroyer and Transport with 1 sub. Rolled into France with a loss of only 4 or 5 Infantry and had a perfect strafe in Yogoslavia leaving only 1 standing Infantry left and moving everything into Romania. Like I said, excellent luck it would seem. Entire airforce is in Western Germany with the exception of a fighter and tactical in the SZ above it and a fighter in Southern Italy.

After Russia purchased nothing but Infantry and Artillery and set up their front lines it was my turn with Japan(note Russia pulled back everything but 1 Infantry next to Mongolia). I purchased a minor IC and 2 Transports and did not declare war on anyone first turn. Pushed into China as far as I could, landed almost my entire airforce into Kwansi and set myself up in the SZ next to FIC with the majority of my fleet and sized up the Caroline Islands a bit more, putting the squeeze on the Phillipines. I landed all I could with Transports next to FIC and left only 2 Destroyers to guard my 2 new Transports at home. Factory went in Shanghai.

Here’s what baffled me as I wasn’t expecting this Allied strategy. The US purchased in the Pacific except for an Atlantic Bomber and moved everything else towards the Atlantic(Hawaii is completely empty). Even Anzac is moving towards the Atlantic. The U.K. squeezed themselves through the Suez Canal and is positioned next to Egypt with their Pacific fleet on the way it seems. They also bought a transport in South Africa and London has 14 Infantry and whatever else was there to begin with and also added the Scotland Fighter. After much thought I went through with Italy’s turn and took Southern France, Gibraltor and Greece to get my 2 NO along with no allied ships in the med. However Trans-Jordan had only 1 Artillery there and I think I made a mistake in choosing 10 extra IPCs rather then closing the Suez Canal. The U.K. can only reach my Italian fleet in 2 turns but I feel I made a mistake there.

Here’s where I need advice. I will start turn 2 tomorrow or the next day and am not sure if I should buy for some defence or still go offence and put more pressure on Russia or the UK’s homeland while I know an apparent all Atlantic assault is on the way. Also Japan has been left completely alone and am confused as whether to keep the US out of the war for another turn to help Germany or DOW on everyone and quite possibly take the majority of the Pacific in turn 2?

• At least through G3 you should be safe to stay on offense in Europe, with an eye towards spamming infantry and covering with air once the allies get their attack under way. You should max out the pressure on Russia until the Allies force you to do something else.

If the Allies are indeed going full Atlantic, Japan should get aggressive. A US1 Pac build in and of itself doesn’t mean anything since those can be shifted into the Atlantic on US2 and join a fleet off Gibraltar on US3 or 4, whenever you allow them into the war.

Sweep China, lock down DEI and mass against India. If US is completely abandoning Pac, nothing wrong with unloading a couple of transports onto Hawaii, but don’t let that distract you. In a couple of turns you can consider blitzing through eastern Russia to help Germany.

• I agree with SubmersedElk -
    Japan will be the nation you need to get really aggressive here. Japan could win the war on its own while the Allies are focused on the european conflict. If you make some good moves early on the allies could even get worried and bring some stuff back to the pacific, lessening the pressure on germany.

• Sponsor

Hey ProtesT, thanks for watching my videos, I have a question regarding your casualties for Germany… I’m not sure how you lost the fighter as you stated you sent 1 sub in on 106 which must have left you 2 subs for both 111, and 110 each. I understand that there was a 3 plane scramble and without a destroyer, you probably couldn’t take off a sub if fighters were hitting, but with the battleship only damaged, I’m guessing the battleship could have been peeled off instead of a fighter (which I might have done to save my entire airforce). Anyways… good first round and welcome to G40.

• Thank you all for your replies. I have just finished Germany’s turn in round 2 and will post a bit later/tomorrow how the round went. As for YG’s question, the British hit with their battleship and Fighter along wih the french fighter in SZ 110. I had 2 subs, battleship, 2 fighters, 2 tacticals and a bomber in the battle. Basically I realized in my non-combat that keeping the Baltic battleship isn’t as important as keeping the Med battleship in 1942.2. A fighter would have served me a lot better.

Thank you again for the videos. If you noticed, my German opening was your German opening in your Runthrough series. Found it very useful for playing my first game and getting a good idea of how Global is played. Would’ve copied the Japan turn as well if I hadn’t opted to keep the USA out of the war for a round. Thinking about it after round 1 was complete, I realized that what I seen as an advantage to be able to keep USA out of the war is actually not. It only slows down Japan and allows the US to position themselves for whatever they want to do. So J2 I will be taking the advice of SubmersedElk and Flying Tigers and making a DOW on everyone.

• I’m afraid you’re not going to get much of a game from the Hard AI, I play against the computer all the time because I love the game so much but you should know that the Hard AI will ALWAYS go all in on the Atlantic from the get go no matter what you do. It’s very rare for the US to do anything in the Pacific and it pretty much hands Japan the Pacific win as nothing is done to contest Hawaii. So if your Japan is competent, you’ll manage an Axis win every time quite handily.

• @creeping-deth87:

I’m afraid you’re not going to get much of a game from the Hard AI, I play against the computer all the time because I love the game so much but you should know that the Hard AI will ALWAYS go all in on the Atlantic from the get go no matter what you do. It’s very rare for the US to do anything in the Pacific and it pretty much hands Japan the Pacific win as nothing is done to contest Hawaii. So if your Japan is competent, you’ll manage an Axis win every time quite handily.

Unfortunately, you seem to be right. I’m not even going to bother posting about what I did and the AI did because after the US sending everything to the Atlantic turn 1 and buying Pacific, they send a very small fleet(Cruiser, Destroyer, Sub) to Hawaii. Except they didn’t land in Hawaii, they stopped one space away from it… They are on their way to landing in what looks to be London even though I’ve made it quite obvious my intentions lie in Russia after turn 3. And the U.K…. Well I have no clue what they are doing. LOL

• '19 '17 '16

I find the AI does a much better job on the latest 1942 game. At least as Axis.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m