There are not enough Italian Roundels!!!

• Just buy 3 copies of the game …… problem solved

• I had the same problem and solved it by printing small clipart Italian flags on card stock.  The little flags work well and allows Italy to dominate with no inconvenience.

• '22 '19 '18

I just used German roundels flipped over onto the back (black color showing).  It worked until I ran out of German roundels, so then we just put them on the boarders, 1 roundel was in 2 territories to show Italian ownership.

• In my latest Global game we ran out of ANZAC roundels… when Britain and USA were slugging it out with an unlucky Japan, three ANZAC transports went on a rampage and transported infantry all over the place.

• This is funny, I bought two copies of the game and the shortage of Italian roundels and units (I refuse to use poker chips except as damage markers) was the reason I cracked open the second. No one attacked my Italians and I ran wild.

• No one attacked my Italians and I ran wild.

That’s why they’re my favorite power. When you’re left alone, you can completely dominate the game.

You stole my idea

Haha, sorry Calvin. It’s a good idea.  :-)

• I just made a high quality PDF with plenty of roundels for Italy. I posted it on BoardGameGeek.com and it should be up shortly. Hope that solves your problem.

• Customizer

No self respecting history buff would use the Allied Italian roundels supplied with the game; download some correct Axis Fasces roundels for Italy and print out as many as you need.

• @Flashman:

No self respecting history buff would use the Allied Italian roundels supplied with the game; download some correct Axis Fasces roundels for Italy and print out as many as you need.

My feelings exactly.  While waiting for Europe 1940 to come out, I spent the summer making myself a total of about 800 roundels, which I laser-printed in colour on full-sheet sticky label paper and stuck onto white plastic bingo chips.  I allocated about 40 bingo chips to Italy, and used the Regia Aeronautica fasces roundel for the design.  In addition to making a bunch of French tricolour roundels like the ones supplied with the game, I also made some Vichy and Free French roundels and even a small number of Communist Chinese roundels in case I ever wanted to distinguish Mao’s forces from the Nationalist Chinese ones.

• I’m drawing a blank, annoying as I’m usually good with WW2 history, but what would Italy’s “proper” roundels look like?

• @valthonis:

I’m drawing a blank, annoying as I’m usually good with WW2 history, but what would Italy’s “proper” roundels look like?

The flank and wing roundels can be seen here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regia_Aeronautica

• Customizer

Remember to keep the official Italian roundels for when the country changes sides…

• So do you have some fancy rule for Italy switching sides in the game? 
    I understand the history, but not directly sure how that would work with a game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m