• So here is my question.  Since all factories and bases have AA capability, when you send in air units, do all units fire for each plane?  I tried to find it in the rules and I can’t.  I know its probably in there and I am just not reading well enough.  Anyways whats the verdict?

• @ahensley85:

So here is my question.  Since all factories and bases have AA capability, when you send in air units, do all units fire for each plane?  I tried to find it in the rules and I can’t.  I know its probably in there and I am just not reading well enough.   Anyways whats the verdict?

Only the AA gun involved fires.  If the planes are attacking land forces, then the generic AA gun fires at them.  If they’re attacking a factory/airbase/whatever then only that AA gun fires at them.  If they split up and attack different targets then each AA gun fires only at the planes attacking it as described above.  Basically, no plane can be fired on by more than one AA gun per turn.

• Can US move ground or air units onto Anzac or UK-India territories when NOT at war?

• @lamdan:

Can US move ground or air units onto Anzac or UK-India territories when NOT at war?

No.  The US can never move ground or air units to any allied territory (even Canada) when not at war.

• Amphibious Assualt Question:

When doing an amphibious assault can a transport load from a friendly territory in a sea zone that was just cleared of enemy ships during that turn and then offload those units during an amphibious assualt?

i.e.  clear german waters of norway then load from norway to attack germany as an amphibious assualt in the same turn?

• @Geoscal:

Amphibious Assualt Question:

When doing an amphibious assault can a transport load from a friendly territory in a sea zone that was just cleared of enemy ships during that turn and then offload those units during an amphibious assualt?

i.e.  clear german waters of norway then load from norway to attack germany as an amphibious assualt in the same turn?

No.  All loading is done prior to combat rolls, and all combat is effectively done at the exact same time.  While you can choose which battle to run first, they’re all simultaneous, so you cannot leapfrog a hostile zone to attack beyond, and you cannot clear a hostile zone and then load to perform a combat move.

You can attack the hostile seazone, clear it, and then move a transport as a noncombat move and load, and move again, but it’s a noncombat move only, and cannot unload into an unfriendly territory.

• @kcdzim:

all combat is effectively done at the exact same time.  While you can choose which battle to run first, they’re all simultaneous,

There is one constraint.  The player is to conduct all SBR’s first, then all amphibious assaults and necessary requisite sea battles, and finally, all other battles after that.

See the 1, 2, 3 at the top of page 16

(I was oblivious to this oft-overlooked rule until a game with Funcioneta where he promptly pointed out that I was rolling my battles out of order)

• if there are two ships in a seazone, and one of them is not at war with japan, then does japan have to attack all of the ships in the sz, or do you just ignore some??? and also, if france declares war on japan, to use the destroyer, does that mean japan can take FIC and still get the bonus.?

• if there are two ships in a seazone, and one of them is not at war with japan, then does japan have to attack all of the ships in the sz, or do you just ignore some? and also, if france declares war on japan, to use the destroyer, does that mean japan can take FIC and still get the bonus.?

• why was my post immeadiatly flagged as spam……?  :-o

• lets see if it works on this topic……

if there are two ships in a seazone, and one of them is not at war with japan, then does japan have to attack all of the ships in the sz, or do you just ignore some? and also, if france declares war on japan, to use the destroyer, does that mean japan can take FIC and still get the bonus.?

• This is not a question about Global 40 but I’m just gonna ask it here so I can get an answer as fast as possible (we are planning to play this evening)…

It’s about the 50th Edition, is there any balance fixes we can do, (like the Alpha+ editions) or anything you guys suggest in order to make the game more balanced?

Once again, i’m talking about the 50th Anniversary Edition

• @MightyPol:

This is not a question about Global 40 but I’m just gonna ask it here so I can get an answer as fast as possible (we are planning to play this evening)…

It’s about the 50th Edition, is there any balance fixes we can do, (like the Alpha+ editions) or anything you guys suggest in order to make the game more balanced?

You’ll get a better answer, probably quicker, if you post this in the AA50 thread, especially since AA50 was a limited release and many players here didn’t have the opportunity to get it.

Off the top of my head, there are optional rules in the errata that can be used if you feel there are balance problems - Closing the Dardanelles, for example, is a pretty common one that prevents Italy and Germany from doing amphibs from the Black Sea.

• @MightyPol:

This is not a question about Global 40 but I’m just gonna ask it here so I can get an answer as fast as possible (we are planning to play this evening)…

You can close the Dardanelles, as kcd suggested.
    I used to close the Dardanalles and also disallow new island complexes (hampers Japan by not allowing 4 production IC’s in the South Pacific).  This is a favorite variation of Mr. Harris himself, and he carried this forward into 1940.

Usually what people here do is give the Allies 6-12 IPC’s worth of stuff to add to the setup (for 1941 scenario).  My opinion is they need more like 18 or 20.  You should not use the 2 optional rules above along with the Allied extra units.  It’s either/or.

Another idea is to just give China about 4-6 more infantry, and/or move the flying tigers back, out of J1 striking distance.

• When a sub is convoy raiding a zone does it do ipc damage to all powers with eritories touches the sea zone. Ie zone 82 Italy has gold coast and fwa German has fea do both of them lose ipcs?

• @i:

When a sub is convoy raiding a zone does it do ipc damage to all powers with eritories touches the sea zone. Ie zone 82 Italy has gold coast and fwa German has fea do both of them lose ipcs?

Yes.

• @i:

When a sub is convoy raiding a zone does it do ipc damage to all powers with eritories touches the sea zone. Ie zone 82 Italy has gold coast and fwa German has fea do both of them lose ipcs?

You do the check at the end of each power’s turn (see page 22).  Enemy warships in convoy zones adjoining your territories?  Then you lose the IPC’s.

A single sub could potentially disrupt 9 IPC’s per game round.  If, for crazy example, the Axis had a sub in Z97 and Russia controls Greece, UK controls Yugo, USA controls South Italy, France controls North Italy, and ANZAC controls Albania.  Each and every allied power would lose 2 IPC’s of income (ANZAC only 1, because Albania is only worth 1) on their turn.  :-)

• Wow that’s a lot.P

• Official Q&A

Alpha 3 is now posted.  The Official Rules Clarifications still apply.

• @i:

Wow that’s a lot.P

:-D Wouldn’t it be great to do that to somebody?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m