• Official Q&A

Welcome, Babubaer!

@Babubaer:

1.) Can a Bomber and/or tac. Bomber attack an submarine without a destroyer?

2.) Can a Fighter attack an submarine without a destroyer?

No.

@Babubaer:

3.) IF 1+2 is yes,  can the submarine submerge and retreat after the first round in an adjacent Seazone or only submerge in the seazone where the attack occurs?

Subs submerge only in the same sea zone.

@Babubaer:

4.) Has a Destroyer on amphibious Attack=2 so reduced from 3?

Destroyers do not bombard in amphibious assaults.

@Babubaer:

5.) Patriotic War Rule for russia is this rule valid: convert Allied Units, only in a territory that contains a Soviet Home Industrial Complex?
    If yes, can I convert also Air Units or only land-units, can i convert allies ships in the adjacent seazone? lets say in seazone 127 with is adjacent to Novgorod.

There is no such rule.  USSR cannot convert Allied units.

@Babubaer:

6.) Scorched Earth: lets say, Germany takes over london in Turn 5, but it is afraid that the USA can retract it. Can Germany destroy the Naval Base or the Airbase or both in his turn, so that later if the USA take london back, they dont have the advantage of an Air or Naval Base?

No.  You cannot voluntarily destroy facilities.  The only way that a facility can be destroyed is if a Japanese industrial complex built in a captured Chinese territory is recaptured by the Allies, in which case it is removed.

• Thanks a lot Krieghund!  Wow that was a very fast answer.

The support here is perfect!

• Hey Babubaer, it sounds like some of the rules you got there are from the old A&A Europe.  Not A&A 1940…Europe.  Make sure you are playing with the correct game.  Basically Avalon Hill (or whoever it is these days) re-released old games but updated them so we would pay for them again…:)

• @ thanxs for the tip JimmyHat i think that is the problem because we mix some different rules:

3 more questions to the rules  **Alpha 2+**i ask because I have found different answers in this forum

1.) If there is 1 UK-Carrier with 2 UK-Fighters on it, and germany attacks with 2 Subs: now the subs make 2 hits, what happens with the Fighters when the carrier is lost, how many movement points  have the Fighters or are they directly destroyed, they cant hit the submarines or?

1. same situation, now there 1 UK-Carrier with 2 US-Fighter on it, and germany attacks with 2 subs: the subs make again 2 Hits, what happens with the US Fighter when the carrier is lost, how many movement points  have the Fighters or are they directly destroyed, they cant hit the submarines or?

2. Lets say i have the 2 german submarins in seazone 110, its the turn from UK, UK purchase 1 destroyer and place it in seazone 110. Can the german on its next turn, move away with his 2 submarines from the seazone or cant germany  do that, because of the presence of an UK destroyer?

• @Babubaer:

@ thanxs for the tip JimmyHat i think that is the problem because we mix some different rules:

3 more questions to the rules  **Alpha 2+**i ask because I have found different answers in this forum

1.) If there is 1 UK-Carrier with 2 UK-Fighters on it, and germany attacks with 2 Subs: now the subs make 2 hits, what happens with the Fighters when the carrier is lost, how many movement points  have the Fighters or are they directly destroyed, they cant hit the submarines or?

1. same situation, now there 1 UK-Carrier with 2 US-Fighter on it, and germany attacks with 2 subs: the subs make again 2 Hits, what happens with the US Fighter when the carrier is lost, how many movement points  have the Fighters or are they directly destroyed, they cant hit the submarines or?

2. Lets say i have the 2 german submarins in seazone 110, its the turn from UK, UK purchase 1 destroyer and place it in seazone 110. Can the german on its next turn, move away with his 2 submarines from the seazone or cant germany  do that, because of the presence of an UK destroyer?

The answer to your questions 1 or 2: The planes can only move one space adjacent to the territory that has been attacked, they must land on an available carrier or a friendly territory or else they are also destroyed in the fight, and no, the planes can’t defend againts the submarines if no destroyer are with them. That means that if your planes have nowhere to go, it will only take one hit from the submarine to sink both planes at least since the carrier will have to take a hit.

Maybe someone else will have an answer to this, I don’t know if you can take your fighters as casualties tough, this is an interresting question that I would love to get an answer, I don’t think so since they are not part of the battle.

As for your third question, once again I am not the expert, but I think that if they place some ships into the same place that your ships were, you have to option to move your ships one space away or engage in a battle as soon as he places them, with you defending and him attacking.

• unless u have trident missles on those subs, they cannot fire at the aircraft.  the ftrs have 1 move to try and land.  Because the Germans are attacking and the allies on Def, the defending ftrs do not go down with the ship.

As for the 3rd question, I believe you have the option of fighting on your next turn, or moving away.  Pretty sure the defender doesn’t get to decide if he gets a free move or not.  You cannot move when its not your turn.

• Cann Uk and/or Anzac planes land in any of the DEI without them being claimed by any power?

• Official Q&A

JimmyHat is correct.

@ghr2:

Cann Uk and/or Anzac planes land in any of the DEI without them being claimed by any power?

Yes.  Any Allied power can, as long as it’s at war.

• Is it legal to fix a naval base at the beginning of your turn, then fix the bb, then fight with the bb?  In this example the naval base has been bombed and taken more than 3 ipcs damage.

• @JimmyHat:

Is it legal to fix a naval base at the beginning of your turn, then fix the bb, then fight with the bb?  In this example the naval base has been bombed and taken more than 3 ipcs damage.

Yes you can fix a naval base, repair the BB, and send the repaired BB into battle all in the same turn.

Page 12 of Europe rule book “Repairs (to facilities) take effect immediately, and the controlling player can use repaired facilities during the rest of the turn.  Your capital ships in sea zones serviced by operative friendly naval bases (including those repaired in this turn) are also repaired at this time.”

So bombing a naval base would prevent repairs to capital ships of other powers until the controlling power repairs the base.

Alpha2 Ex: ANZ controls Carolines.  Japan bombs the naval base for 3 or more.  Damaged USA capital ships based at the Carolines would not be repaired during the immediately subsequent USA turn and USA ships would not be able to move 3 spaces, because ANZ hasn’t had a chance to repair her base.

• if u have more than 2 aa guns defendign a terr, if that terr is attacked by air units, each air unit has 2 aa shots at them right? if yes then i assume its the same for 3 and 4 aa guns.

• or is it 1 shot per plane, no matter if u have 100 aa guns?

• @ghr2:

or is it 1 shot per plane, no matter if u have 100 aa guns?

This.

And if you lose the territory, that’s 100 AA guns that will never be seen again.  Goodbye 500 IPC’s.  :lol:

Oh, and it doesn’t help to have a combination of multinational AA guns.  So putting a Russian, English, American, French, and Australian AA gun in the same territory will not help you.  :wink:

• Where can i find the ruling on that?

• NVM, page 26 in europe rulebook

• If, however, you have radar with one of your powers, you can always use the best AA gun (any available radar units) in the territory to defend.

• well, why is it that only 1 aa gun can defend in a battle?

• Sponsor

Does a submarine’s surprise strike occur every combat round or only the first?

• @Trisdin:

Does a submarine’s surprise strike occur every combat round or only the first?

Every round that there are no enemy destroyers present in the combat.

• Questions for Alpha 2+

1.) Can an mech. Inf move through 2 Space territorys in the “Non-Combat-Move”  and activate and friendly neutral territory?

2.) Can an mech. inf move  through 2 Space territorys in the “Non-combat-Move” and reinforce an hold or captured territory?

3.) Can an Tank move through 2 Space territorys in the “Non-Combat-Move”  and activate and friendly neutral territory?

4.) Can an Tank move  through 2 Space territorys in the “Non-combat-Move” and reinforce an hold or captured territory?

5.) How many ships can a Naval-Base repair per turn, is there a maximum of 1 or 2?

6.) AAggun
    Lets say the US captured “Normandy Bordeaux” from Germany, next turn the US move an AAgun to “Normandy Bordeaux.” Later US
    captured Paris and France is libareted. So the territory “Normandy Bordeaux” become France Territory, what happen with the US AAgun in “Normandy Bordeaux”??

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m