• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

I am hoping for an errata that USSR must remain neutral toward Europe Axis when it is neutral toward Europe Axis.

Yeah, what I mean is USSR should not be allowed to join the UK, France or USA in any territory on the Europe side of the board before USSR is at war with Euro Axis.

Ramifications - USSR landing plane in Egypt, Scotland, or London (requiring DOW on Russia by Euro Axis if they want to attack UK, France, or USA).

One more errata I’m hoping for - improved Russo-Jap diplomacy rules.

Just want to be on record as supporting these, for what it’s worth.

if UK is at war with Japan, shouldn’t Russia be allowed to send units into British territory?

Not on the Europe side.  Japan is nowhere to be seen over there.

What if Japan has taken parts of Africa?

• @Krieghund:

@calvinhobbesliker:

then logically, Nova and Quebec border each other

That doesn’t necessarily follow.  The four spaces appear to meet at a point, which indicates that Eastern United States doesn’t border sea zone 106 and Quebec doesn’t border New Brunswick/Nova Scotia.  The question is whether the St. Lawrence Seaway is meant to be an extension of sea zone 106, dividing the latter two territories, or just a passable border between them.

What was Larry thinking when he made this map ?  :-o

• @calvinhobbesliker:

What if Japan has taken parts of Africa?

By round 4??  In a place the Russians would actually want to land a plane??  Be serious.

Admit it, it’s a good rule and should be in the official errata.

• can the US move its atlantic fleet to z106 when not at war?

can the US move ground troops into canada territories(nova scotia, quebec, etc) before they are at war?

if yes, does the US get to use the Nova Scotia naval port advantages when not at war?

• if fighters “retreat” from a battle, do they get to finish their movement points, or do they only get to move 1 space like ground units?

• @katfishkris:

if fighters “retreat” from a battle, do they get to finish their movement points, or do they only get to move 1 space like ground units?

Yes, they get all their movement points.  Fighters don’t really retreat, they “disengage”.  They are moved in the noncombat phase, while the ground units are retreated to another territory immediately.

• thanks g-man

• @katfishkris:

can the US move its atlantic fleet to z106 when not at war?

Yes, the US can move boats anywhere except zones bordering Europe and Africa when not at war.

can the US move ground troops into canada territories(nova scotia, quebec, etc) before they are at war?

No, the US can’t move any ground or air to any allied territory before they are at war.

if yes, does the US get to use the Nova Scotia naval port advantages when not at war?

The answer was no.  And the US can’t use any allied facility before at war.  Do you not have the P40 rulebook?  It’s all in there, and it’s very clear.

• @katfishkris:

thanks g-man

anytime

• Do you not have the P40 rulebook?  It’s all in there, and it’s very clear.

yes i have it.  just kind of lazy.  this is easier when the rule book is not right at hand.

• @katfishkris:

@gamerman01:

Do you not have the P40 rulebook?  It’s all in there, and it’s very clear.

yes i have it.  just kind of lazy.  this is easier when the rule book is not right at hand.

I don’t mind - just curious.

• Can advanced artillery support 2 mech or 1 inf 1 mech?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Can advanced artillery support 2 mech or 1 inf 1 mech?

Yes.  From page 36:
    “One artillery unit can support two infantry and/or mechanized infantry units per attack.  Two infantry and/or mechanized infantry units when coupled with one artillery unit have attack values of 2.”

• If Germany builds an IC in Romania, can they place units in the black sea?

• @keplar:

If Germany builds an IC in Romania, can they place units in the black sea?

Yes.  Why couldn’t they?  They just can’t move to another zone unless the Axis controls Turkey.

• I’m drawing a blank right now.

If a fighter flies 4 spaces to attack (will land on carrier), and then retreats, is it able to move 1 more space?

I would think so, since all other units can move their maximum and yet retreat one space…

• @gamerman01:

I’m drawing a blank right now.

If a fighter flies 4 spaces to attack (will land on carrier), and then retreats, is it able to move 1 more space?

I would think so, since all other units can move their maximum and yet retreat one space…

No, because planes don’t “retreat,” they “disengage.”

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Hmmmm…  Good point.  Do you have a rulebook reference for me?  I don’t want to take the time to look.

This question doesn’t apply to my ongoing battle in the Atlantic right now, but that battle made me think of this question…

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Hmmmm…  Good point.  Do you have a rulebook reference for me?  I don’t want to take the time to look.

This question doesn’t apply to my ongoing battle in the Atlantic right now, but that battle made me think of this question…

I got that from you, I think. I think it was when you were talking to someone about attacking planes having their remaining movement range to retreat instead of just one space because they “disengage.”

• Well, page 19 about attacker retreating says retreating air units remain in the uncontested space temporarily.  They complete their retreat movement during the NCM phase using the same rules as an air unit involved in a successful battle….

But there are times when a fighter has no movement points (on defense) when it gets to move one space to safety.  So I wonder if these aircraft can retreat to a carrier or friendly territory after “retreating”…

Guess I’m still not sure after reading that part of the rulebook.

Krieg?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m