Fav country in g40 now that its out

• My favorite?

France.

• @reloader-1:

My favorite?

France.

Because you don’t have to spend much time making its move?

• I just love the “newness” of it.

I also like fighting defensive battles. China and France are good for that.

• I love the United Kingdom, because of their extensive hand in every theater of the war.

I’ve never played as any of the Axis, but I’d like to play as any three of them.

• FOUR people voted France? Weird. I mean, France would be my favourite if they weren’t doomed to be useless by their first turn. I mean, the colonial infantry and the sparse ships could win a battle or two, but nothing beyond that.

• @The:

I haven’t played G 40 yet but my Fav country will probbably be the U.S.S.R as always because I like their tanks. My order will probably be:

U.S.S.R
    Germany
    Italy
    Japan
    U.S
    U.K
    ANZAC
    China
    France

Here’s my rate

1. Germany
    2. Italy
    3. Russia
    4. UK
    5. Japan
    6. USA
    7. ANZAC
    8. China
    9. France

• I’d want to controll France as the allies, but I wouldn’t want them to be my only power. They can have some fun with their destroyer, but other than that their infantry are next to useless.

I was really hoping for a Free France rule where they could collect income and mobilize troops (maybe just infantry and art) in Africa. I’m not sure if adding this will imbalance the game too much, though. I’d still like to try it out, at least to not doom the French to complete uselessness.

• I voted for Germany……The possibilty of changing history always excites me.  :evil:

• 1. Germany
    2. UK
    3. Japan
    4. SU
    5. USA
    6. Italy
    7. ANZAC
    8. France
    9. China

• @hewhoisnickel:

FOUR people voted France? Weird. I mean, France would be my favourite if they weren’t doomed to be useless by their first turn. I mean, the colonial infantry and the sparse ships could win a battle or two, but nothing beyond that.

Now 7 people have voted for France maybe these are people who always play as Germany? They probably like it 'cause its a walkover :lol:

• 1. UK
    2. Germany
    3. Japan
    4. Soviet Union
    5. USA
    6. Italy
    7. Anzac
    8. China
    9. France

I don’t like sitting out while everyone else gets all the action.

• Haven’t finished my first game of Global yet but the UK seems fun because it is a challange so far deciding where to focus your effort.

Played Pacific a dozen times or so and I can’t say I enjoy being Japan because I can never decide how to use the air power and I always manage to screw something up.

Germany and Italy look like they’d be a lot of fun when I get a chance to play them.

• I chose Italy because I like to root for the underdog, and work with scarce resources against a more powerful enemy. You never feel secure playing Italy, it’s always a matter of good brinksmanship to pull victory out of the jaws of defeat. It’s thrilling to rush troops to Gibraltar to buy time against the invading US navy, and to have to contemplate an evaculation through the Suez to keep your fleet intact. (I’m not even joking!) Every victory you have with Italy feels miraculous and hard-won. The dice seem to know when you’re playing this power, though–I have the crappiest luck whenever I roll for these guys! You gotta laugh, though, because these poor chaps never seemed to do that well in reality either, even with the weight of numbers on their side.

Close second is Germany… I think they’ve done a fine job of giving that power all sorts of interesting choices, which vary tremendously from the beginning of the game until the end. G1, everything’s pushing west, and the naval war is of paramount importance; G2, you’re mopping up, changing directions and buying tanks for Barbarossa; G3, you’re launching the bloodiest assault this side of the planet and all of those veteran units that helped you conquer Europe get fed into the meatgrinder of the Eastern Front. Incredible!

Very impressed with the game as I’ve played it thus far.

• What about now?

• Sponsor

Germany will always be the most fun to play in any version of A&A, IMO.

• @Young:

Germany will always be the most fun to play in any version of A&A, IMO.

Da, General. I conkur with dat observation.

• Japan, I enjoy the naval battles and all the amphibious assaults they do. Plus, I love to shock my opponents by using the islands to stage a lot of my air force for killing small Allied fleets.

• ANZAC because you can sit down there and wait while the other powers wipe each other out, while you steadily build 4 units per turn and then when you are ready to come out you can take over all of Asia.  ANZAC is a fortress.

• Russia because it is deeper than ever.  Let them come, and die on the frozen steppes…
    Also, you don’t have to mess with fleet, but you can always torment Germany with a sub purchase here and there in zone 127
    Starting with 4 factories…
    Russia has been my favorite in all versions, too.  You can focus on the Germans…  Beat back the Japs if they ever get close…

• Japan. Air and naval power in the extreme is always fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m