AA50 3-D Terrain Gaming Table (COMPLETED July 20, 2010)

• '10

BY FAR….  the nicest board I have ever seen!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

BY FAR….  the nicest board I have ever seen!

And … it’s FINISHED.

I just need to set it back up and take some photos … then it’s game time!

• That is some great work!  I hope you have fun playing on that monster.  I’m also going to move to canada to play with you.

• Except for putting on some legs (Currently sitting on top of my poker table), this is now COMPLETE!  Very difficult to get good photos with the plexiglass top on.  :(

AA50 1942 Setup

The Mediterranean and Africa 1942

Europe 1942

Japan vs China 1942

• '10

WOW!  I will be there TOMORROW!

• Customizer

:-o  Holy crap!  That is wicked!  Great Job!

• WOW Just WOW,

this table is crying out for some painted minatures and it could win awards!

• Holy Sh!* (censored by a man in a black suit.) Anyways what does it say under Mongolia?

• @Dylan:

Holy Sh!* (censored by a man in a black suit.) Anyways what does it say under Mongolia?

Impassible

• @General:

WOW Just WOW,

this table is crying out for some painted minatures and it could win awards!

Those are coming next.  ;)

• Rorschach -
    That i one beautiful labor of love! sure wish i lived close enough to come play on it.
    Thoes426 :evil:

• Yes thats very nice artwork. You should post that at harrisgamedesign. Larry might get some ideas from it.

• You just need to get allworkandnoclay’s painted Minitures

• @cminke:

no kidding. WOW! ……lets all take a moment to apreacheat what he has done for the AaA comunity

what the hell are you talking about

• '10

We have been playing on this board for about 2 months now…    AWESOME!!!

Rorschach: Allies

Jeremy: Axis

Turn 15 and still no clear winner or advantage! (we play one hour a week)

The board is even more impressive in person… where you can see the 3D terrain.

• Nice job. It seems from the pictures you have a sheet of glass over the board to keep the units from tipping, rigth?

You could have painted at the borders, IPC values, territory names etc. on the glass. That way you could easily use the 3D map for different games by changing the glass overlay :)

• @ozimek1:

You could have painted at the borders, IPC values, territory names etc. on the glass. That way you could easily use the 3D map for different games by changing the glass overlay :)

I think that having different sheets of painted glass for different games would be an expensive proposition.  I don’t know how much Rorschach’s setup cost him, but the acrylic sheet which covers my own AA50 table set me back over a hundred bucks.

• @CWO:

@ozimek1:

I think that having different sheets of painted glass for different games would be an expensive proposition.  I don’t know how much Rorschach’s setup cost him, but the acrylic sheet which covers my own AA50 table set me back over a hundred bucks.

Yeah, I originally was going to etch all the borders onto the acrylic, but when you’re looking at $50 (give or take) per sheet for this size it would be far too expensive.  But, to be honest, the sheet is so close to the table anyway there is absolutely no mistaking the territories, so it’s all good.

And this way, if we want to play a different game, we just pop in a flat MDF panel underneath instead of the AA50 board and you’re good to go!

The entire table (not counting countless hours of time) cost me about $150 … still no legs on it though.

And, Jeremy and I finally finished our game.  17 rounds, 9 weeks (about an hour and a quarter, hour and a half a week) … Allied Victory when the Brits waltzed into a sparsely defended Berlin.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m