• '10

I was at a friends house playing this game ftf for my once and only time.  He got this box where the dice were rolled in and his japs rolled three hits and I couldn’t take Guadalcanal on round 1.  So I said eh let’s just break out the anniversary edition.

• Great story Kurt I am sure there were a lot of the same ones on this game.
    DAVE]

• @kurt3892:

I was at a friends house playing this game ftf for my once and only time.  He got this box where the dice were rolled in and his japs rolled three hits and I couldn’t take Guadalcanal on round 1.  So I said eh let’s just break out the anniversary edition.

:?

So you think this is the worst game because you couldn’t properly deduce the amount of material required to remove three infantry from Guadalcanal if your opponent got a lucky roll? And what were you doing with all of that stuff on the base island?

And you know that you don’t have to remove all of the enemies from the island in order to ‘take’ it?

Try actually learning the rules first and getting your head out of your backside before coming about saying a game is the ‘worse’ (sic.) Even jokingly.

:x

Guadalcanal Rulebook.

• '10

Agree with Frimmel. Not being able to take Guadalcanal on Round 1….lol…I have never seen that happen. Once in a while , when you have been extremely unlucky, you may fail to take malaita on round 1, because you usually like to send the minimum amount of troops, but failing to take guadalcanal…lol, you have 5 bombers on your base card that have nowhere useful to go except guadalcanal and malaita on Round 1…

• '10

I would actually rather play Guadalcanal than D-day.

• Of all his games I think this is the worst. I am not saying the game is awful. My expectations have gotten higher and higher as these games keep going. This one just  let me down.

• @kurt3892:

I would actually rather play Guadalcanal than D-day.

What don’t you like about “D-Day?”

• I am assured, that you are not right.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

IT SUCKS.

Especially ROLLING for reinforcements, that’s the worst part.

If you roll 1, or 2, on your first 3 or 4 rolls as Germany, you’re screwed and lose the game.

And the aircraft concept is beyond stupid.

• Instead of doing individual battle games I wish Larry would do Napoleon AA style or a medieval game.

• Customizer

I LOVE how the game makes such a great bookend!

• Customizer

The first time I played GC, I didn’t care for it.  I played a couple of more times and it grew on me some.  Still, I’m just more used to the Global or Theater games in their objectives and income/purchasing units.  The supply tokens thing kind of throws me off.
    However, BOTB also uses supplies and I love that game.
    Not crazy about D-Day either, especially the fighter patrols.  The Allies can place fighters in every German reinforcement zone and take a shot at each German reinforcement unit before they even get to do anything.  I know the Allies had air superiority, but that just doesn’t seem right to me.  I have played several games of D-Day and only managed to hold out as the Germans I think twice.  Plus, in both of those games, the Germans were so beaten down and had so few units left, if the game had gone one or two more rounds, they would have been wiped out.

• I didn’t play BOTB or D-day but I realy like GC, I find the system of taking actions very interesting toward tactics, and with a regular AA game you have too long waiting poeriods if its not your turn.

But on the other side I have my doubths about the victorypoints system I often play to total destruction.

If playing J I often find the A bombers a bit to strong because your naval units have very little air defence.

But grate game, ideaal for 2 and you don’t need 5hours of time to play a game!!!

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Hello. And Bye.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

As for defense against American bombers… Japan is in a position to purchase an extra carrier J1 and build an airfield. Get a bunch of fighters and shoot 'em down!

• Don’t skimp on fighters in this one. You’ll be going through them fast.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m