Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @Fishmoto37:

@cminke:

uhhhh is it rong if i want to make love to these pieces?

YOU are a mental case! Have you seen a doctor?

yes and many say ……that….im……        …         …… PERFACTLY  NORMAL!!! oops did i say that w/ my out side voice?

to an extent

**** WHAT IS NORMAL?****

• looks like the 2 year waiting time make some people start flipping out

• nO thAt’S My NoRmaL

• @knp7765:

@Stefano1189:

I love your pictures, but i bought italian units and anzac and french dice in November 2010… today we are near to August… any news or i can think that my bucks are lost? Sorry for impatience, but 9 months are enough to be a little tired.

Yeah, I made the same pre-order that you did and am anxiously awaiting my new combat units and combat dice.  You just have to be patient a little longer.  Jeremy said that the factory told him production would be finished roughly end of the month.  When you take in the time to ship from China to FMG, then from FMG to all of us, count approximately another two weeks or so.  With any luck, we should all be very happy about mid-August.

Also, that comment "i can think that my bucks are lost?" is downright insulting.  Even if this project totally fell through, do you really think that FMG would simply keep our money?  Don’t you think that FMG would refund us on our orders?  FMG is an honorable company with excellent customer service.  What’s more, all the delays and failed deadlines are solely the fault of the Chinese factory they have to deal with.  The factory tells Jeremy one thing, then Jeremy clues us all in and when it doesn’t happen, everyone want’s to yell at Jeremy and FMG.  We all just need to chill out.  We all knew going into this that the Italians were going to be the hardest set because it was all new, to FMG, the sculptor, and the factory.  Just try to think about when the Italians are done.  Next will be the Germans which are already moving much faster.  After that the Americans.  The sets will start coming out like clockwork.

Considering i’m a stakeholder and i spent more than $ 70 it’s my own interest to know the status of this project. So shut up.It’s not my will to insult anyone but Jeremy must pay more attention to these things.

If, from the beginning, i knew that i have to wait 12-15 months i would be more relaxed.

• We are on the downhill part of this marathon so all you have to do is hold on. I let go of my frustration by burning things and harming small animals…… :evil: just kidding!!!

• '12

@knp7765:

@Stefano1189:

Considering i’m a stakeholder and i spent more than $ 70 it’s my own interest to know the status of this project. So shut up.It’s not my will to insult anyone but Jeremy must pay more attention to these things.

If, from the beginning, i knew that i have to wait 12-15 months i would be more relaxed.

Yeah buddy, well I’m also a stakeholder and I spend more than $200 for my order so why don’t YOU shut up.  If I can wait this long without suggesting that Jeremy or FMG would screw us over, then you can too.
    Also, Jeremy HAS been paying attention to every detail of this project.  What’s more is he has been sharing every bit of information with all of us here on the forum.  This is why so many of us are getting frustrated whenever there is another delay.  However, disappointing or not, at least we are all being informed and I for one like that.  Most companies would simply leave us hanging all these months with no idea how far along the project is.  Try to put yourself in his shoes.  You come up with an idea and sell it to a bunch of people then get told your product will be ready on “this” date.  Then “this” date comes and no product.  You ask the factory and they say "Oops, now it will be “that” date.  Then “that” date comes and you are still waiting.  Meanwhile, all the people you sold the idea to are getting frustrated and yelling at you “Where’s my product?”  Just think about how frustrating it would be to be caught in the middle like that.
    I think EVERYONE if you don’t have anything decent to say and just want to complain that you haven’t gotten your pieces yet should just not post.  You are taking up space.

Amen brotha!  Before Jeremy we all waited for NO ONE and NOTHING for YEARS of A&A because no one gave a frog’s fat a$$ about this concept even though we all dreamed of it all the time.  Jeremy, the folks at FMG, and the folks at HBG are now making all these things become a reality and the end result will be well worth the wait.  Patience is a virtue…  Hang in there everyone. :)

• @knp7765:

@Stefano1189:

Yeah buddy, well I’m also a stakeholder and I spend more than $200 for my order so why don’t YOU shut up.  If I can wait this long without suggesting that Jeremy or FMG would screw us over, then you can too.
    Also, Jeremy HAS been paying attention to every detail of this project.  What’s more is he has been sharing every bit of information with all of us here on the forum.  This is why so many of us are getting frustrated whenever there is another delay.  However, disappointing or not, at least we are all being informed and I for one like that.  Most companies would simply leave us hanging all these months with no idea how far along the project is.  Try to put yourself in his shoes.  You come up with an idea and sell it to a bunch of people then get told your product will be ready on “this” date.  Then “this” date comes and no product.  You ask the factory and they say "Oops, now it will be “that” date.  Then “that” date comes and you are still waiting.  Meanwhile, all the people you sold the idea to are getting frustrated and yelling at you “Where’s my product?”  Just think about how frustrating it would be to be caught in the middle like that.
    I think EVERYONE if you don’t have anything decent to say and just want to complain that you haven’t gotten your pieces yet should just not post.  You are taking up space.

He has been very good at informing us, yes. But the bottom line is that it has taken a very, very long time, and we haven’t even got the Italian pieces yet. And it just drags along, week after week, month after month. Now, I’m certain that FMG will deliver, eventually, but this does not change the fact that it’s taking way to long. Way to long. And you’re way to positive about it. It feels like you’re gripping at straws.

I will buy the pieces when they arrive, and I understand why there have been delays, but you can’t stop people from having an opinion, or feeling bothered about how long it takes.

• Customizer

@Raeder:

He has been very good at informing us, yes. But the bottom line is that it has taken a very, very long time, and we haven’t even got the Italian pieces yet. And it just drags along, week after week, month after month. Now, I’m certain that FMG will deliver, eventually, but this does not change the fact that it’s taking way to long. Way to long. And you’re way to positive about it. It feels like you’re gripping at straws.

I will buy the pieces when they arrive, and I understand why there have been delays, but you can’t stop people from having an opinion, or feeling bothered about how long it takes.

Believe me, I am just as anxious to get the new pieces and combat dice as anyone else, and just as frustrated that it has taken so long.  I am not being too positive, I’m just trying NOT to be negative about the whole situation.  And I don’t begrudge anyone of their opinion or their frustration (Sorry Stefano).  I feel it too, I’m just trying my best to keep it in check.
    I just get a little fed up with people getting on here and complaining that they haven’t gotten their orders when we are all in the same boat.  Also, I don’t like people berating Jeremy when he has to inform us of yet another delay by the factory.  Everyone needs to understand this is not Jeremy’s or FMG’s fault here.  The factory in China keeps giving him false information.  It just seems to me that Jeremy is getting blasted for stuff that is out of his control.

• FMG tried to give people time tables but unfortunately things came up. These pieces are almost here and I for one am stoked. Jeremy always said from the start what the situation was he never lied or was disengenious. I know the wait sucks but deal it with it because it is almost over.

• People can complain, and they will, because that’s what the internet is for: anonymous rage, immaturity and passive aggression.

However, there was NEVER a guaranteed date.  He gave only estimates, and his call to arms was for us, the community, to invest in the form of a preorder to get the project through development.  He misled no one, and if you feel misled, then you preordered for the wrong reasons: you wanted something shiny but didn’t think about the risks of “investment”.

This was, and always has been, a request by Jeremy to help fund the project.  There was always a hope that the project would move quickly, but NEVER a guarantee.  Nothing in your order suggested when it would be done, and besides an honest business ethic and interest by him to succeed, nothing guaranteed a final product.  For the risk of this type of niche market, in this condition of the economy, a small business could go bankrupt on an endeavor like this, and often do.

No one should have ordered more than they were willing to 100% lose, and no one should have ordered if there was a timeline they couldn’t live with.  If you needed more security, you should have waited for the project to be complete before ordering.

That said, yes, you can certainly be disappointed with the situation, but I don’t believe anyone but Jeremy has the right to be angry.  You should have known the risks.

• Lets not have any more posts about people complaining about people complaining while complaining.

• '12

@Imperious:

Lets not have any more posts about people complaining about people complaining while complaining.

LMAO!  Sounds like a plan, IL! :)

• Customizer

You know, even as I was making my last post, I wondered when you might step in and set everyone straight IL.  Well, you are right, no more complaining.  This thread is to talk about the pieces, so let’s talk pieces.  We already know the Italian pieces look REALLY cool.

So, how are things going with the Germans?  I know we just got the last of the clay sculpts (LOVE the He111 by the way).  Next you have to get those pre-production moulds in the white plastic, right?  After that will start work on the mould itself?  I hope they get this one right the first time (no defects).

• '12

FMG site was updated since yesterday with the new Italian banner - looks SWEET!  Change is in the air! :)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@DFWSupertrooper:

FMG site was updated since yesterday with the new Italian banner - looks SWEET!  Change is in the air! :)

Anybody ordered the Italian units yet ?

Well, I did, two sets.  :wink:

J.  8-)

• '10

@Imperious:

Lets not have any more posts about people complaining about people complaining while complaining.

I agree with IL. Its time to stop all the useless posts and I am probably guilty also. It has gotton tiresome to come checking here for news every time I get an e-mail and then find some nonsense posted here.

• I just think it is rather interesting that 2 1/2 years after all this was started up in March 2009 we are still talking about, and I mean just talking about, about these new improved better amazing incredible outstanding units!!! but still NOT HERE!!  Always around the corner!! it’s like the Iranians telling Jimmy Carter the hostages will be released any time. This has lasted longer than the 444 days of that crisis.

Yet you have all badmouthed Avalon Hill HASBRO who originally produced these games as chimps and worse. You do not recognize how incredibly difficult it is to produce such a massive complicated game and yet you all call them chimps. But boy are you all ready to forgive this continual “just around the corne it’ll be ready” saga for just one measley set of Italian, no less, pieces!!!  At this rate HASBRO would have taken 8 years to produce the 1940 Axis & Allies’.

The continual onslaught against HASBRO is undeserved. The constant berating of Hasbro for making a profit off this game is amusing too. Look at what they have given to us for what the incredible low price of about $80.00 and then compare that to the cost of 2 measley bags of units of two countries! 2 countries for $80.00! 3 counties for $120.00 Hello McFly not cost effective. Do the math.

In the meantime the designer and playtesters get a free ride from you for producing the worst rules of all time apparently! Not my personal opinion, I believe in playing the OOB rules with minor and I mean minor House Rules. Yet they get a free ride. I see no sustained criticisms of them. But HASBRO gets it all!

I have yet to see any real apology from Harris nor from Krieghund about those so called defective rules and we have yet to see any definitive iteration of the Final rules, now in what Alph 3+ mode? Gamma?? anyone??

The real apology should be that they caved in to all the whining that the wwaahhhhh the Axis can’t win!  Wah Wah Wah!!! can you imagine that, the Axis not winning a WWII game??!!

• Well why didn’t you complain about Larry on his site?

Complain about why the game gets only 3 playtests per group and why its not balanced.

When Alpha 14 comes out people will stop complaining.

• I don’t have a dog in that OOB setup fight.
    I was fine with it and I played Germany. Of course I lost. Others in our group won as the Axis/Germany too! 
    The Axis indeed has a distinct and difficult time to achieve victory! Duh! Of course, that makes victory even sweeter.
    We had a few tweaks, but no massacre of the setup and the rules like Alpha 3+ or Gamma or whatver panic everyone is going thru right now.
    And now we are fine and balanced.

My main complaint is that Larry caved in to all the whining!

Let me assure you Alpha14+ will not stop the whining, that’s what I mean. The cat is out of the bag and they let it out.

My statements that the continual personal attacks on HASBRO are undeserved still stand.
    We have a fine game as attested to by all the wonderful hours of play and strategies and social gatherings to play it for hours at a time.
    The product in and of itself it amazing: the board, the units, the charts, the boxes cards etc etc etc etc all for $80.00.
    I don’t have $40.00 to spend on each set of units.
    I think the price point is ridiculous, honestly; yet HASBRO is called chimps for producing the entire game for what 2 countries will cost from FMG.
    If this was HASBRO producing these new units, I have no doubt that there would be mass “Chimps” calls and outrages for the 2 years + it has taken so far.

• Customizer

I think the main reason FMG is charging what they are for the Italian units (and subsequent sets) is because you get many more pieces than you get in a game of A&A 1940 and they are much more detailed than the OOB pieces.  Perhaps you don’t care as much about the detail on the pieces themselves and thus have no real use for FMG’s pieces, and that’s fine for you.  Some gamers ARE more interested in the tiny details and as such are willing to pay a little more to get them.  As for me, I’m just a piece junkie.  Gotta have more.

You make a point about the different game setups that have come out (OOB, Alpha, Alpha +, Alpha +1, Alpha +2).  My group always uses the Alpha +2 setup simply because it is the latest version and we like some of the changes, particularly in the NOs and scramble rules.  Remember in OOB, you could only scramble from islands, NOT coastal airbases, and it was an unlimited number of fighters and tac bombers that could do so.  So basically, only Japan was allowed to scramble to defend their capital, which is just stupid to me.  Like England or the US wouldn’t scramble to defend the capital.  Plus, Japan could conceivably scramble 20+ planes so you would never be able to invade Japan.  With the victory conditions (all 3 Axis capitals in Allied control) you could have a game last forever.
    One other thing I didn’t like about OOB setup was how many planes Japan had.  They had WAY too many planes.  Heck, even with Alpha +2 they still have twice as many as Germany and the Luftwaffe was the largest air force in the world back then.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m