• '10

@Brain:

@Battlingmaxo:

Now damged CV BB units with smoke/flames would have been sweet.

Battleship pieces with red pegs should do the trick :-D

I’m going to have to dig our my Battleship game for that

• @Battlingmaxo:

@Brain:

@Battlingmaxo:

Now damged CV BB units with smoke/flames would have been sweet.

Battleship pieces with red pegs should do the trick :-D

I’m going to have to dig our my Battleship game for that

They only come in German colors.

• okay…as i said…im the one who asked for extra tac bombers, mech inf and chips and dice for my Pacific game…lo and behold guess what i got in my mailbox yesterday…japanese tac bombers quantity 6…american tac bombers quantity 6…american mech inf quantity 6…and more chips and dice…i remailed them saying i didnt get the six mech inf for japan…they said they will get those to me real soon…

okay…so i guess im one of the lucky ones to get extra TBs and MIs for Japan and the US…

talk about service…

I didnt ask them for tacs and mechs for the UK and Anzacs cuz i felt i had plenty for those two cuz they wont be buying much of those units anyway for the Pacific theater,

i only hope that others that had done what i have done get they were asking for cuz i did…

• I tried to get extra pieces, so far no luck. What did you wrote them?

• @RJL518:

okay…as i said…im the one who asked for extra tac bombers, mech inf and chips and dice for my Pacific game…lo and behold guess what i got in my mailbox yesterday…japanese tac bombers quantity 6…american tac bombers quantity 6…american mech inf quantity 6…and more chips and dice…i remailed them saying i didnt get the six mech inf for japan…they said they will get those to me real soon…

okay…so i guess im one of the lucky ones to get extra TBs and MIs for Japan and the US…

talk about service…

I didnt ask them for tacs and mechs for the UK and Anzacs cuz i felt i had plenty for those two cuz they wont be buying much of those units anyway for the Pacific theater,

i only hope that others that had done what i have done get they were asking for cuz i did…

You are a lucky one. I am really ticked off with WotC now. I sent an email to them today saying people are getting Japanese tac bombers and I would like a few extra as well. Here is the response that I got just today:

The units you see that were sent out in the forums were for for orders that occurred before Game Support had received the correct piece count for the game. So, unfortunately we cannot provide you extra pieces for the game. We do have a limited amount of replacement pieces, but those are for games that are defective, which include having broken or misshapen pieces, or if a game is missing pieces that are supposed to be in the box.

Any one want to buy some used Axis and Allies games? I have all but 1942. I am done with WotC and will not buy another game from that company.

• I sent this to WotC earlier:

Thank you for the quick reply. Axis and Allies Europe 1940 will be the last of the games that I will purchase from your company. I find it very unfortunate that a game calls for 10 tactical bombers for set up and only 6 are included. I will be buying games from Days of Wonder and Academy Games from now on. I have never had this poor of customer service or have bought such a shoddy produced game in all my years of buying board games. This is a shame.

I just sent this to WotC:

I changed my mind. I will not be buying another game from your company if you are not willing to send a few more Japanese tactical bombers. People on the forums talking about getting extra pieces and you can not and refuse to send a few to everyone that has asked for them is ridiculous. I am looking to sell all of my Axis and Allies games so that I do not have to look at the name Wizards of the Coast any longer.

Thanks,

• @Omega:

I tried to get extra pieces, so far no luck. What did you wrote them?

i basically wrote to them saying that there were not enough pieces to start the game with according to what they sent…

now…it is possible that the person that i spoke with whose name was Pat was sympathetic and he believed that there should have been more pieces to the game…

however…i have heard that WOTC is no longer sending out any more pieces just because of this…they did send me what i asked for cuz i was promised them BEFORE WOTC stopped sending new pieces out…

That might be the reason that no one else is receiveing new pieces…

I of course thanked WOTC for taking care of me…i do feel bad however for others that are not receiving the same service that i got…

• Ha ha RJL bankrupted WotC/AH’s piece replacement budget!

I made the exact same claim about not enough units to set up the game and was brushed off.

Oh well, if they short Germany tac bombers in A&AE:40, I can just use some of the scores of Stukas from the other games.

Unless they change Germany’s national colors to purple or something lame like that.

Actually I’m now concerned Germany won’t get enough tanks or mechanized infantry…

• @Autarch:

Actually I’m now concerned Germany won’t get enough tanks or mechanized infantry…

Fear not.  I’m sure France will have no shortage of tanks and mechanized infantry to fill the board.

• '10

Via e mail WOTC reconfirmed that pieces will only be distributed for games with damaged/missing units

• @skinny1:

I sent this to WotC earlier:

Thank you for the quick reply. Axis and Allies Europe 1940 will be the last of the games that I will purchase from your company. I find it very unfortunate that a game calls for 10 tactical bombers for set up and only 6 are included. I will be buying games from Days of Wonder and Academy Games from now on. I have never had this poor of customer service or have bought such a shoddy produced game in all my years of buying board games. This is a shame.

I just sent this to WotC:

I changed my mind. I will not be buying another game from your company if you are not willing to send a few more Japanese tactical bombers. People on the forums talking about getting extra pieces and you can not and refuse to send a few to everyone that has asked for them is ridiculous. I am looking to sell all of my Axis and Allies games so that I do not have to look at the name Wizards of the Coast any longer.

Thanks,

Here is the response that I got from them today:

We apologize that you are dissatisfied with the Axis & Allies game that you purchased and assure you that we have passed this feedback on the tactical bomber issue along to the parties who are in charge of the brand. While we cannot promise any changes will be made to that piece count for the game, but that feedback has been given and the brand people are investigating the situation. Thank you and good gaming.

Why do I keep getting bad karma on here? For speaking negatively about a reality? Do I have to call everyone a chimp to stay in good graces?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@skinny1:

Why do I keep getting bad karma on here? For speaking negatively about a reality? Do I have to call everyone a chimp to stay in good graces?

I have been wondering the very same thing…

• @skinny1:

Well I think some people use karma rather benignly as a “vote” button indicating they wouldn’t do what you did, adopt your house rule or accept your interpretation of X. Sort of a “don’t count me in for that, thanks”.

Of course others do it because you dare to disagree with them after they spent half their lives one year making house rules and then constructing a shrine to them. So -1 for being a heretic.

And still more use it just to say “I think you’re an @$$” and other ad hominem expressions at random times just to rack up karma against you as if it actually meant anything. They probably kick puppies too.

(BTW I was at -22 when I wrote this, I’m sure it will drop this afternoon.)

Personally, I think anyone who has more +karma than Kreighund is suspect.

And I’m sure there should be a similar observation to be made about suspiciously high levels of -karma but I am far, far too lazy to look for a benchmark.

Either way, karma’s too vague of a gesture to spend too much time looking at.

• TripleA '12

Well said, allboxcars. I’d give you +1 if I could!  :-)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Lozmoid:

I’ll do it for you even though I believe more in real karma than voted karma.

• @Variable:

@Lozmoid:

I’ll do it for you even though I believe more in real karma than voted karma.

Thanks. Far too kind.

• @Autarch:

Ha ha RJL bankrupted WotC/AH’s piece replacement budget!

I made the exact same claim about not enough units to set up the game and was brushed off.

Oh well, if they short Germany tac bombers in A&AE:40, I can just use some of the scores of Stukas from the other games.

Unless they change Germany’s national colors to purple or something lame like that.

sorry…i didnt mean to bankrupt the A&A guys… :evil:

really…

• I just orderd aap40…. why after reading all these emails I now don’t feel very good about it :x

• Customizer

@chuckcarey:

I just orderd aap40…. why after reading all these emails I now don’t feel very good about it :x

I love this game, and I’m glad I got it.  I just wish WotC had a little better QC…

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@chuckcarey:

I just orderd aap40…. why after reading all these emails I now don’t feel very good about it :x

I really enjoy the game.  In fact I have not had this much fun since the original game I would play in Seldovia, AK.

With the AAE40 I think it will epic in scale.

Yes the chits suck and the tac bombers only having six for the japanese is inexcusable it still is a great game.

Sean

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m