• @Army:

I think I may end up raiding the old versions for the ‘plastic’.

Is FMG going to start doing some booster kits for A&A? I seem to recall reading that somewhere.

Their dice are nice, but every time they update them WotC release a new A&A with a new power! Still… maybe for the merged game they might be the way to go.

Go to the A&A Variants Forum

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Imperious:

both the same AA42 and AA40, same battleboard.

In fact, they didnt even update the battleSTRIP to add in Tac bombers and Mech infantry.

:cry:

I plan to completely boycott the battlestrip in protest! Who’s with me!?

• And Aircraft carrier still attack on 1 on the battle strip…

• See now, I know that we’re all over the moon at the revision and that were going to explode when the Europe game comes out and we can merge them… but it’s the lack of these little details that can mar perfection.

Here’s a hope: they include paper money AA guns and IC’s in the Europe game, which would make the lack of them in Pacific moot. They put in better dice and a fixed Battleboard, and they fix any other little inconsistencies… and they do it all while giving us a great map and terrific well-tested rules!

I don’t expect much, do I?

• @Army:

See now, I know that we’re all over the moon at the revision and that were going to explode when the Europe game comes out and we can merge them… but it’s the lack of these little details that can mar perfection.

Here’s a hope: they include paper money AA guns and IC’s in the Europe game, which would make the lack of them in Pacific moot. They put in better dice and a fixed Battleboard, and they fix any other little inconsistencies… and they do it all while giving us a great map and terrific well-tested rules!

I don’t expect much, do I?

Expect or hope? I don’t  think that this game is a limited edition. When AA50 came out they said it was limited.

• Expect or hope? I don’t  think that this game is a limited edition. When AA50 came out they said it was limited.

‘Hope’ I guess. I think they’ll be tight with Europe too. Still, at least it’s not limited.

• @Army:

Expect or hope? I don’t  think that this game is a limited edition. When AA50 came out they said it was limited.

‘Hope’ I guess. I think they’ll be tight with Europe too. Still, at least it’s not limited.

I think FMG will pick up the slack for WOTC

• TripleA '12

No Tac Bombers or Mech Infantry on the new battle board/strip? And Aircraft Carriers still showing as Attack at 1 :? Strewth. Guess I will have to make my own.

When AA42 came out, I didn’t use the battle strip thing - I just made a colour copy of the AA50 battle board and it worked fine… I will have to make an alteration this now, I think.

• @Lozmoid:

No Tac Bombers or Mech Infantry on the new battle board/strip? And Aircraft Carriers still showing as Attack at 1 :? Strewth. Guess I will have to make my own.

When AA42 came out, I didn’t use the battle strip thing - I just made a colour copy of the AA50 battle board and it worked fine… I will have to make an alteration this now, I think.

Post it when you do, please.

• TripleA '12

I sure will do Brain Damaged but I’m entirely sure how to do it just yet. It will be excellent quality though, I assure you!  :-)

• @Lozmoid:

I sure will do Brain Damaged but I’m entirely sure how to do it just yet. It will be excellent quality though, I assure you!  :-)

I am sure it will be better than the one WOTC provided.

• TripleA '12

Just give me that chance!  :lol:

As soon as I obtain my copy I will get to work on the modifications, and then pin 'em up here soon.

P.S. Can we please have an official clarification as to whether AAP40 is a Limited Edition, as two of the local game shops I’ve spoken to seem to believe that it is?

Would be ever so grateful for a reply here. Thank you.

• My local game shop said that this will be a limited edition game also.

• I was thinking of getting both games when AAE40 comes out. Business wise it would not make sense to not still be printing AAP40 just as AAE40 comes out. But who knows?

• The game is fun… and I’m looking forward to enjoying it for years.

However, it is terribly overpriced, even at the $63 for which I bought it online.  It’s cardboard and plastic.  Fine.  I don’t need it to be fancy.  But 4 lbs. of cardboard and plastic retailing at $90?  Don’t think so.

AA42 sold for $30, no?

-M

• My local game shop said that this will be a limited edition game also.

What are they basing that on? Have WotC said it’s limited? Larry Harris? Imperious Leader said it wasn’t limited, and he seemed fairly certain. There seems no reason to doubt it since there is no clear statement to the contrary from the powers that be.

Maybe they’ll keep making the game until Europe comes out, then after they’ve been making both for a while, they’ll stop making Pacific and then a little later they’ll stop making Europe. So not limited to a specific number, but limited to a specific production period? I’m making that up, but it might be a possibility; Pacific available for one year, Europe available for one year, then done.

• Official Q&A

I have heard nothing to indicate that this is a planned limited edition, for what that’s worth.  I think the fact that the old Europe and Pacific are now out of print is a good indication that these will be around for a while.  Of course, poor sales numbers could change that outlook.

• @Army:

My local game shop said that this will be a limited edition game also.

What are they basing that on? Have WotC said it’s limited? Larry Harris? Imperious Leader said it wasn’t limited, and he seemed fairly certain. There seems no reason to doubt it since there is no clear statement to the contrary from the powers that be.

Maybe they’ll keep making the game until Europe comes out, then after they’ve been making both for a while, they’ll stop making Pacific and then a little later they’ll stop making Europe. So not limited to a specific number, but limited to a specific production period? I’m making that up, but it might be a possibility; Pacific available for one year, Europe available for one year, then done.

The owner did not say what it was based on. I called the shop to see if they had it in stock and since this post was here questioning whether or not it will be a limited edition I decided to ask. He said it will be a limited edition but did not indicate if limited meant copies or production time. I was going to wait to pick up this game but when he said it was a limited edition I had him put one on hold when he gets his shipment tomorrow. Shipment was delayed due to the snow storm we had last week.

• Maybe the box with the typo will be the limited edition. :-D

• '10

@Lozmoid:

I never use the battleboard….am I in the minority on this?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m