• It is not clear if the pieces are representing the same units as before ( example: German Battleship will be the Bismarck)

it is sure that the pieces in every case will be a newly designed sculpt that has more refined details.

This includes infantry but i don’t know it it included AA guns and factories.

You can only hope of they dumped a few of the choices for better ones. These are also in an unknown scale, but its safe to say it will be very close to AA scale and compatible.

• here:

Axis & Allies 1942 Edition pre-order $25.99 - urban-collector.com

• I hope that the “core set of rule” of AA42 will be the same of AA50, having two different sets could be cumbersome. In my playgroup we used the LHTR also for Europe and Pacific (when we still have time to play them) … maybe unbalancing the game a little more… but avoiding a pre game session of rule refreshing.

• what is LHTR?

• @katfishkris:

what is LHTR?

Larry Harris Tournament Rules. Minor tweaks to the Revised Edition ruleset. Check in the Revised forum for more details.

• got it, thanks :-D

• But the name was changed to Samurai Swords.

It was not Shogun then. :-D

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Excuse my ignorance. But there was mention of “Mech Infantry” being included in AA42.

Is this simply the infantry supported by artillery that débuted in Revised, a trick from AA50, or something new entirely? (I’m thinking guys in robot suits  :wink:)

• Ever heard of PanzerGrenadier or Armoured Infantry? The infantry in Armoured Division were eequipped qith half-track vehicle to be able to advance quikly as tanks. They fought in the same way the ordinaru onfantry do.

In A&A50 there is a tech that allows 1 inf to move two territories when paired with a tank.

• @Craig:

@Imperious:

Shogun was not reprinted

Actually, Shogun was reprinted.  But the name was changed to Samurai Swords.

Yeah I mentioned that in the thread about this thread  :-D

@Imperious:

It was not Shogun then. :-D

Bah!  I have the reprint; it’s identical and even has “Originally Sold As Shogun” on the cover  :-P

BTW everyone, AA42 is available online for pre-order for $19.99 at coolstuffinc.com (spend $100 for free shipping).

• The game was the same, just the name was different.

Then its different…only since you want to take things for their literal meaning as i am doing.

However, obviously the intent of my post was that the game of feudal Japan produced by Milton Bradley was not reprinted. Changing the name is NOT a reprint in the same sence as Revised and AA42.

• @Subotai:

We know that the map territories will be exactly the same as revised. We know that the naval rules from AA50 will be implemented in AA42. It has not been confirmed that all the other rules from AA50 will make it into AA42. My guess is that all rules from AA50 will enter the new AA42, with possible exceptions of the 4 optional rules in AA50.
    At this time it’s only speculations, but it would be cool if also the optional rules from AA50 will replace the current revised rules.

At least we won’t have a broken China in AA42 :-D :-) :lol: :roll:

no new territories than revised???
    serious?
    would of loved some changes, like bigger north africa
    but do like 1 thing bout revised map that i hate in AA50: scandinavia
    (5 IPC is to much, and you can’t control it with germany for more than 2 rounds max)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m