• I was just curious as to what classes of cruiser did WotC use for A&A:G. Thanks!

• Official Q&A

The US cruisers are Portland class, and the Japanese ones are Takao class.  The same models are in used in Anniversary.

• @Krieghund:

The US cruisers are Portland class, and the Japanese ones are Takao class.  The same models are in used in Anniversary.

If you got your replacement pieces.  :lol:

There was some sort of mix up (perhaps flat out incompetence?) and the out of the box the US got the Takao cruisers and the Japanese got the Portland cruisers in the G’canal games.  :roll:

They managed to get it right in Anniv.

• I played the AAA yesterday and I got a good look at the AAG Cruisers and the AAA Cruisers.I’ve been studying US cruisers from WW2 for the past few weeks and I think the ones in AAG are the Portland Class,but the ones in the AAA are of the Wichita Class,I’m probably wrong,but they were different cruisers that I saw yesterday for the Americans.Any my friend has the Portland Class cruisers in AAG for the Americans.

• Official Q&A

They are the same in both games.  They probably looked different to you because your friend has the reverse-colored cruisers in his Guadalcanal game.

• '16

Probably your AA Gualdalcanal cruiser silhouettes are swapped.
    I wrote WOTC (WOTC Europe in my case) and they sent me the right cruisers,
    from AA50 parts I guess.

Happy New Year !

• @Krieghund:

They are the same in both games.  They probably looked different to you because your friend has the reverse-colored cruisers in his Guadalcanal game.

I’m pretty sure there the right ones,he got the right ones last month when he found out that they were the wrong ones.

• so if I went out and bought Guadalcanal now, I would have to ask for what to be replaced?

what type and what number?

or has the problem been corrected?

• Official Q&A

The Japanese and American cruisers are switched in color.  It has absolutely no effect on game play, but the pieces don’t match the silhouettes in the manual.  The problem hasn’t been corrected, but Customer Service will send you replacements.

• and even if you didn’t but the game they will send you the goods…. just don’t get greedy

• I bought my AAG last week,it hasn’t been delivered yet,but,when I found out that they had the wrong cruisers,I asked for the right cruisers from AH even before I had my AAG delivered,so I will have my correct cruisers the day after I get my AAG.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m