• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Imperious:

Heck, I don’t even know what the pieces in the box look like!!!

Woman…open the game and play with your family immediately. How can this be so that you play a game hundreds of times and have never seen the game and have no idea what it looks like. This is too much of a burden for my ears to hear. :-o

I know what the game looks like.  I have a map of it in Battlemap and a copy of the rules in PDF.  Why should I open the box?  The pieces in classic were all artistic (btw I have a copy of that game in it’s original factory shrink-wrap too as well as Pacific and Europe) but honestly, there is no reason what-so-ever to open the box. ^_^

There’s a reason to BUY the box.  It would not be legal to play the game if you didn’t own at least one box of the game. (I have 4 classic boxes one of which is unopened.)

• Well, that’s when you send A&A to those who are in dire need of it and want to play it. Help spread A&A throughout the world as an AWESOME game, Cmdr Jennifer!!!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@shermantank:

Well, that’s when you send A&A to those who are in dire need of it and want to play it. Help spread A&A throughout the world as an AWESOME game, Cmdr Jennifer!!!

“Hi, yes, Kathy Lee Gifford?  yea, I know those kids in Africa are starving, but I have something to give them WAY better than the cost of a cup of coffee a day!!!  I’m going to send them all a year’s supply of AxisandAllies.com subscriptions and the country ONE copy of Axis and Allies!  No no, please, don’t thank me!”

• I can imagine starving kids in Africa getting the game rather than a bowl of food. Terrible moment.

• @Cmdr:

@shermantank:

Well, that’s when you send A&A to those who are in dire need of it and want to play it. Help spread A&A throughout the world as an AWESOME game, Cmdr Jennifer!!!

“Hi, yes, Kathy Lee Gifford?  yea, I know those kids in Africa are starving, but I have something to give them WAY better than the cost of a cup of coffee a day!!!  I’m going to send them all a year’s supply of AxisandAllies.com subscriptions and the country ONE copy of Axis and Allies!  No no, please, don’t thank me!”

It’s better than having a war about tribal supremacy…

• Boarganmes boxes of A&A are neede to play with friend! With may playgroup we meet regularly every week to play and to spend time together.

• Official Q&A

@Cmdr:

There’s a reason to BUY the box.  It would not be legal to play the game if you didn’t own at least one box of the game.

+1 Karma to you, Jennifer!

• I bought mine from coolstuffinc.com also.  Like IL said if you spend over $100 shipping is free so I also bought A&A Pacific.

LT

• So one more question. If you prepurchase it from the places mentioned, will it ARRIVE on the 23rd, or ship on the 23rd. I really want to have it the day it comes out but of course pay  the lowest price I can.

• @Jaybird:

So one more question. If you prepurchase it from the places mentioned, will it ARRIVE on the 23rd, or ship on the 23rd. I really want to have it the day it comes out but of course pay  the lowest price I can.

It won’t ship until the 23rd.

Does anyone have any idea what stores will carry the game (WalMart, Toys 'R Us, Target, etc) and at what price?  I wonder if these prices would be close to the $69.00 online?  Like Jaybird, I would like to HAVE the game on the 23rd.
    Thanks.

• Preordered mine at CCG Armory. $69.00.

I wonder if there is a possibility of anyone releasing the game before the 23rd?

• no zero chance

• Hey, if you want AA50 for the lowest price I see gamefest.com has coolstuffinc.com beat. They have it for $69.95 and only $77.95 including shipping. Coolstuffinc.com at the cheapest you can get it at $82.55 with shipping. But, if you have a friend to buy 2 copies at once from coolstuffinc.com you get the free shipping so then it would be cheaper.

• yes find a friend… key point. If you guy the game you must be playing it with somebody.

• I have several friends that play, but I am the only one that buys! So I went with the gamefest.com cheaper price.

• Question….I pre-ordred from coolstuff and they didnt change the date from 23 october  to 18 november. I checked for other place and they all changed it.

So with the questioneer post on harry larrys forum that say that maybe you can have it if you pre-ordered it, Is there some one who did the same and bought the game in pre-order from coolstuff and have ask them if we will have our game in time? with some luck! :-P

• yes thats good news. I got 6 on pre-order.

• I hope its not because they didnt receive the memo from WOTC…. :x…or because they are too retards :?

Hope its because we will have our game :mrgreen:

I did sent them a email but no answer :-o

• I just received a email from them.

Thanks for ordering with us. Unfortunately Avalon Hill has pushed the release date of the Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition to the 18th of November. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this delay may cause.

I replied to them asking that if a pre-order status have a chance to have it, lets wait for the answer

• oh well i didn’t plan of getting it by 23rd. Its the same date for everybody.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m