• It would be almost criminal for a forum to NOT talk about the ex-beauty queen VP candidate. Please???

• …who the freak!  :?

• She has the look of someone playing the Teacher roll in a low-budget ‘Adult’ version of Van Halen’s “Hot for Teacher”…  the hair pulled up, the glasses, the opening of her jacket framing her pectoral features…

Other than that, not much to discuss.

• Who wouldn’t want Tina Fey as VP?

• She is absolutely beautiful.  and her eldest daughter is quite the looker too…

• Gotta love Palin

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

How is this NOT going to turn political?

Anyway, AFAIK she is Misses America.  Daughter of two elementary school teachers, manufacturer laborer and union member, member of the PTA, mother of 5, wife of a fisherman, hunts moose and eats lean, mean moose-burgers.

What’s not to like?

• The way it stays non-political is that we keep talking about the beauty queen, or maybe the barracuda of her sports team.  We stay away from all of those pesky political opinions, etc.

Personally, I can’t even look at her and not see that nasty school teacher thing…  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

Switch, it’s one thing to think of her as a nasty, kinky, horndog wrapped in a prim and proper schoolteacher outer shell, but she isn’t. It’s pure evil underneath. I’d like to think that admitting that she smoked weed in the past has endeared her to me but beyond that and being pretty, there isn’t much there for me to like.

• @U-505:

Switch, it’s one thing to think of her as a nasty, kinky, horndog wrapped in a prim and proper schoolteacher outer shell, but she isn’t. It’s pure evil underneath. I’d like to think that admitting that she smoked weed in the past has endeared her to me but beyond that and being pretty, there isn’t much there for me to like.

Oh I agree.  I consider her to be only a half step above Tom Ridge in terms of the worst possible choices McCain could have made (Why didn’t he choose Lieberman or Huckabee?  I’d have voted for him then!)

But since we can’t talk about her political views, we are left with the “fluff” stuff to discuss…  unless you want to talk about how irresponsible it is for a 43 year old woman to get pregnant due to the MASSIVELY increased risk of birth defects.  What is it… the risk DOUBLES every year over 35, making her what… 256 times more likely that her 5th child would have a birth defect?.. and TA DA!  She gave birth at 44 to a child with Down Syndrome…  4 months ago (anyone else think that perhaps she should be thinking more about care for her Special Needs Child rather than running for VP?)

Obviously her judgment is an issue based on that pregnancy choice…  And that whole “Family Values” thing has to be questionable too since she is spending ALL of her time on the campaign trail instead of caring for her handicapped child…

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

Oh I agree.  I consider her to be only a half step above Tom Ridge in terms of the worst possible choices McCain could have made (Why didn’t he choose Lieberman or Huckabee?  I’d have voted for him then!)

But since we can’t talk about her political views, we are left with the “fluff” stuff to discuss…  unless you want to talk about how irresponsible it is for a 43 year old woman to get pregnant due to the MASSIVELY increased risk of birth defects.  What is it… the risk DOUBLES every year over 35, making her what… 256 times more likely that her 5th child would have a birth defect?.. and TA DA!  She gave birth at 44 to a child with Down Syndrome…  4 months ago (anyone else think that perhaps she should be thinking more about care for her Special Needs Child rather than running for VP?)

Obviously her judgment is an issue based on that pregnancy choice…  And that whole “Family Values” thing has to be questionable too since she is spending ALL of her time on the campaign trail instead of caring for her handicapped child…

Yeah. Seems rather irresponsible. And it gets worse considering that she’s also trying to get a job where she will be even less available than she is now. Do you think her husband would quit his job to take care of the baby?  :roll: Maybe they will import an immigrant nanny to give the child the substitute parenting and love that it needs because “family values” are so very important.  :-P :lol:

You know, whenever I hear the phrase “family values” used in this context, I can’t help but thinking of the “Every sperm is sacred” Monty Python skit.

• @U-505:

@ncscswitch:

Yeah. Seems rather irresponsible. And it gets worse considering that she’s also trying to get a job where she will be even less available than she is now. Do you think her husband would quit his job to take care of the baby?  :roll: Maybe they will import an immigrant nanny to give the child the substitute parenting and love that it needs because “family values” are so very important.  :-P :lol:

You know, whenever I hear the phrase “family values” used in this context, I can’t help but thinking of the “Every sperm is sacred” Monty Python skit.

I’ve told people this very thing…but I didn’t mention it here for fear of being locked.

I read she went back to work just a few days after the birth of her 5th kid.  Kinda rushing it, don’t you think?  She can do what she wants, but it raises the question of leave in a position of office.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

I’ve told people this very thing…but I didn’t mention it here for fear of being locked.

“Family Values” is a quasi-religious social construct. We can discuss it’s inherent bigotry and hypocrisy as much as we want. As long as we don’t attach it to a specific political party we’re clean.

I read she went back to work just a few days after the birth of her 5th kid.  Kinda rushing it, don’t you think?  She can do what she wants, but it raises the question of leave in a position of office.

Balancing family and career in her line of work is harder than normal. She probably couldn’t risk staying away too long and being viewed as someone who would disappear for long periods of time every time her kids want her attention or get a boo boo. Either that or she hates her family.

Yea, can’t talk about her political views, but that’s not really stopping Switch now is it?

/sigh.

Anyway, there’s much to like about Sarah.

1)  She’s union
    2)  She’s a fisherman’s wife
    3)  She’s the mother of 5
    4)  One of her children has down syndrome
    5)  She’s the mother of a veteran, soon to be war veteran
    6)  She’s a member of the PTA
    7)  She’s commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard
    8)  She’s a self made woman who comes from lower class backgrounds and made herself what she is today
    9)  She’s a huntress with not only firearms training, but assault weapon training

Any number of other things to like, how about:

1. She has her own hair
    2. She graduated from the University of Idaho in 1987 instead of some ivy league indoctrination university like many other influential people have.
    3. She has been a runner up to beauty queen
    4. She has been in magazines

and unsubstantiated claims, but are probably true none-the-less:

1. She likes Hot Dogs
    2. She likes Hockey (she drives her kids to Hockey, but I don’t think she’s actually said she enjoys the sport)
    3. She likes to have sex with men, presumably, since she had to have sex with at least one guy 5 times to get 5 kids with significantly different birthdays!

Dunno, seems to me she’s a real, down home, blue collar, “bitter clinger” representative of John and Jane Smith American.  In other words, she’s Misses America.

• I never mentioned her politics Jen, and I RESENT your implication that I did so.

U-505 has you pegged dead-balls-on in that thread I locked earlier.

Please cease your flame baiting or I shall be forced to request the Admins to issue a GD ban (with your previous warnings, I think the next one might be permanent).

@ncscswitch:

I never mentioned her politics Jen, and I RESENT your implication that I did so.

U-505 has you pegged dead-balls-on in that thread I locked earlier.

Please cease your flame baiting or I shall be forced to request the Admins to issue a GD ban (with your previous warnings, I think the next one might be permanent).

Sorry, I still refuse to allow you to entrap me.  It is common knowledge that you use false accusations to try and get me to rise to your bait.

Not in the mood, sorry.

Over all, I think Palin is a great person.  I have yet to hear anything disparaging about her.  She seems to be a highly confident, strong, intelligent individual who does not take guff from any man or organization, who runs a well adjusted family and comes from modest background.  Over all, as I said, she’s Misses America.

Of course, who knows what will come to light in the next 8 weeks.  Perhaps, just like Jeri Ryan, she too refused to have sex with her husband?  Of course, with 5 kids, I kinda doubt even that would come to light or be found to be true. (Unless she’s been sleeping around like Bill Clinton did as a HUMAN BEING NOT A POLITICAL ENTITY.)

After all, women can commit adultery just like men.  But I really, REALLY doubt any of that would ever be substantiated, it is not even rumored at this point…at least not in Chicago, dunno what happened a couple of years ago in Alaska, we don’t exactly get their news, ya know?

• @Cmdr:

Yea, can’t talk about her political views, but that’s not really stopping Switch now is it?

/sigh.

Anyway, there’s much to like about Sarah.

1)  She’s union

Haven’t you railed against unions before? Can’t swear to it though.

2)  She’s a fisherman’s wife

And…? Is there something inherently good about fishermen?

3)  She’s the mother of 5

Again, And…? How does the amount of kids you have have any bearing on the type of person you are? Jimmy Carter had 4 kids. Bush has 2. Carter > Bush?

4)  One of her children has down syndrome

Again, And…? Are people with disabled children more likeable than the rest of us?

5)  She’s the mother of a veteran, soon to be war veteran

Props to the kid for volunteering. Don’t know how that impacts mom, one way or another.

6)  She’s a member of the PTA

Good for her.

7)  She’s commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard

Bill Clinton was CIC of the Arkansas National Guard. For more than 1.8 years, I might add. Props to Bill?

8)  She’s a self made woman who comes from lower class backgrounds and made herself what she is today

Lower class? Father was a teacher and mother was a secretary. Don’t know how you define “lower class”. Average teacher pay these days is $47,000. That + secretary income puts you well above median income ($50,000).

1. She graduated from the University of Idaho in 1987 instead of some ivy league indoctrination university like many other influential people have.

Uh huh. So if she had a BA from a degree-mill (think Univerity of Phoenix), that would make her MORE qualified? Intersting logic. Do you think top law firms pick graduates from Harvard Law School because they’re more “indoctrinated”?

1. She likes to have sex with men, presumably, since she had to have sex with at least one guy 5 times to get 5 kids with significantly different birthdays!

Strangely enough, this is true of Hillary Clinton.

Dunno, seems to me she’s a real, down home, blue collar, “bitter clinger” representative of John and Jane Smith American.  In other words, she’s Misses America.

She’s also under investigation for ethics violation by an independent prosecutor appointed by the Alaska Republican legislative council. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=atTPk3ULEWeQ&refer=home

How many blue collar folks find themselves under investigation for abuses of power? I’m thinking not that many  :lol:

Edit: Ah, before I forget: she’s against abortion in cases of rape or incest. That ought to endear her to about 20% of the population. http://pollingreport.com/abortion.htm
    She’s also opposed to stem cell research (again, with the support of less than 20% of the population).

• @ncscswitch:

She has the look of someone playing the Teacher roll in a low-budget ‘Adult’ version of Van Halen’s “Hot for Teacher”…  the hair pulled up, the glasses, the opening of her jacket framing her pectoral features…

Other than that, not much to discuss.

I thought she looked familiar…

• A interesting note is that her surname is Palin, you know, the name of that Dragon Lance character, Palin Majere … Maybe a conspiration of Paladine (or even Fizban) to taking control of USA?  Maybe Mc Cain and Fizban are the same person? You know, both Fizban and Mc Cain are old men with white hair… :mrgreen:

• ::grabs popcorn::
    Nothing like a little premarital underage sex to spice up an election! McCain must be hoping this story sinks faster than a New Orlean’s levee.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m