New Allied Strategies for Anniversary Edition

• What about heavy bombers? Would that be in conjuction of rocket attacks be devistating to Germany?

• @shermantank:

What about heavy bombers? Would that be in conjuction of rocket attacks be devistating to Germany?

Combining Rocket with Heavy Bombers, given the Anniversary Strategic Bombing rules, would probably stop all German production period. All the German player would be doing is repairing his IC.  He would have to build another IC out of range of the Rockets, but that would severely limit the number of units that he could build.

• We been discussing building an IC out of reach in the strategy section and so far it’s not promising even as a naval base, everything points out to France being the most viable and it’s still in range of ennemy air force.

As Germany, only viable way i see it would be to spent ipcs on techs until i get radar. Super subs and shipyard would still be good. Else i am of your opinion that you will end repairing ICs every turn.

So, spend Ipcs on tech turn 1. If unlucky, surrender :P

• 2007 AAR League

@timerover51:

Combining Rocket with Heavy Bombers, given the Anniversary Strategic Bombing rules, would probably stop all German production period. All the German player would be doing is repairing his IC.

Ouch! Thinking about it - it sounds fricking murderous…
    Good thing that tech is random in  AA50!!  :-o

• That’s probably a very good thing, if you’re the Axis. It would be, in theory, worse for the Italians, since would spend over HALF to almost ALL of their IPC’s in one turn repairing their factory. So, Italy would be screwed.

• Techs may be random, but as the US player, I am probably going to be going for the following land techs:  War Bonds, Improved Production, and Paratroops (now that zero IPC Japanese islands represent a bonus to the Allies), which means that the likelyhood of getting Rockets is pretty good for the US.  The UK may go either way, but again, is probably going to go for War Bonds, Improved Production, and Rockets, since they are already within range and already have the AA gun.  If either one gets it, and one of them also gets Heavy Bombers, Germany is going to need another IPC really bad.

Also, if the US gets Rockets, takes Iwo Jima, and puts in an AA gun, Japan is going to be hurting as well.

• AA50 will be lots of trying and failing until we know more about what strats are good and what’s not so good.

I would gamble with India IC, stacking as much as possible, or maybe leave India and try to stack Egypt instead. Both India and Egypt will have to be retreated, but 3 rnds might be profitable enough, and the units will move to either Persia or retreating Egypt forces south, hopefully slowing axis expansion in Africa.

If Jap doesnt kill most allie naval units in pacific, then I would try KJF with US. Jap starts with 17 ipc production, and US with 55 ipc.

Uk would probably be best of doing the usual Nor-Kalia shuck-shuck, or maybe even north Africa, not unfamiliar from AAR.

I think China will be completely pwned by Jap forces, should be allowed to move these units out from China to Russia or India  :|

I miss Russian ftrs in the 41 setup, they are dearly missed, more TT’s in EE means more trading.

If Allies already secured Africa, then maybe US could try something Alaska-SFE shuck-shuck.

Whats really nice with AA50, is that there are now good or bad strats, yet 8-)

We know the map, and how much TT’s are worth, but we dont know the setup, yet. Most important is that we dont know what it will mean practically, because it has to be played out before we can make any conclusions on whatever strat we’re discussing.

Those strats that are inferior in AAR may turn out to be really good in AA50.

We can’t even say for sure that AA50 is unbalanced!!

I’m really looking forward to play AA50 in TripleA, (not just the map) hopefully the TripleA version of AA50 it will be as close to the boardgame as AAR is today.

• @Subotai:

I think China will be completely pwned by Jap forces, should be allowed to move these units out from China to Russia or India  :|

I think the very reason they forbid chineses go out of China is because of this. They want prevent a gamey KGF with Kuomingtan forces stacked at Stalingrad instead of defending the Middle Kingdom  :-P

But this, sadly, leads to a bugged China-Japan front, with bombers or IC merrily stacked in FIC or Burma in front of loads of chinese units  :-P

I’d say that better if they would have made China a normal playable power. If allies want ignore Japan and let poor Chiang and Mao alone, so be it and that Godzilla Japan punish the allies with 70 IPCs :-D

• @Funcioneta:

@Subotai:

I think the very reason they forbid chineses go out of China is because of this. They want prevent a gamey KGF with Kuomingtan forces stacked at Stalingrad instead of defending the Middle Kingdom  :-P

But this, sadly, leads to a bugged China-Japan front, with bombers or IC merrily stacked in FIC or Burma in front of loads of chinese units  :-P

I’d say that better if they would have made China a normal playable power. If allies want ignore Japan and let poor Chiang and Mao alone, so be it and that Godzilla Japan punish the allies with 70 IPCs :-D

Yes, I think china being its own would make more sense.

• I think I would have made China its own just to eliminate confusion with any nearby US forces sizing up an upcoming battle if nothing else.

LT

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m