• It is assumed that Techs are OFF, but NOs are ON.

• I feel an operation sealion for germany :-D

• if russia stacks 7 inf in bury, jap will simply kill them. most of the jap openings i have seen, can reach india j2. i always set up India J2, i always build a factory In FIC as japan J1 :D

this strat is hoping for a dumb opponent.

if russia goes down turn 4, what stopping german sending planes to japan to help. or sealion?

• @PelierBay:

I feel an operation sealion for germany :-D

If they feel like wading through 20+ Infantry, I suppose.

@atarihuana:

if russia stacks 7 inf in bury, jap will simply kill them.

On J1?  To do so, they’d have to either ignore the American fleet, or fail to capture anything else in East Asia.

@atarihuana:

most of the jap openings i have seen, can reach india j2.

By which time Russia has moved between 1-7 units into it.

@atarihuana:

if russia goes down turn 4, what stopping german sending planes to japan to help. or sealion?

UK should be massing Infantry often.  By Turn 4, they should have 20+ Infantry.

Germany shouldn’t be able to reach India until G6.  They shouldn’t be able to land Fighters in a Japanese territory until G6 as well, and that’s if they are careful.

By G6, Japan should be dead.

Also, a more moderate version of this strat has Russia only send the 8 Infantry in Siberia, 2-4 Infantry from the Caucasus, the Bomber to the east, and otherwise maintain a standard defense.  If they do this, they should still hold out until turn 4 at the very least and turn 6 at the very latest.

• yeah i would ignore the BB and simply kil 21 IPC of russias best unit.

you try to hard reinventing the wheel dude…

by G6 japan is dead??   id like to see this playtested :P

and i feel tempted to open a thread “ignore wodan strats” :D

besides. japan can reach india J2 with 8 inf / art /5 planes / CA shot  - losses J1 …

• @atarihuana:

yeah i would ignore the BB and simply kil 21 IPC of russias best unit.

To do so would still slow down their assault on Asia, and allow America to retain its fleet, which will allow them to take out Japan much earlier.

@atarihuana:

you try to hard reinventing the wheel dude…

and i feel temnpted to open a thread “ignore wodan strats” :D

Why not?  Its more interesting then talking about the same old strategies with tiny variants on them.

@atarihuana:

by G6 japan is dead??   id like to see this playtested :P

Japan is going to start losing its more valuable territories on turns 2 and 3, while getting SBRed by the US.  If the Russian force in Siberia is killed, then they will lose French Indochina anyways, costing them their NO and giving one to Britain.

• why not? because you expect a dumb an ready-to-die opponent. thats why.

and they dont loose FIC.

• No, you cannot ignore any power in this game. Even the sneaky italians must be defeated for allies win. Even China must be killed J1  :cry: And better don’t talk about that crazy strats that think they can ignore Godzilla  :roll:

• KGF doesnt ignore Japan :P

• Hypothetically all these crazy strategies could work, but in actual testing, I don’t think they could work, because opponents are trying to stay alive. No offense Wodan, but those same strats with slight variants are the ones that work, so those are to be the ones that are the mainstay of strategic thinking. Major plans that I always use: Germany needs to butcher all those Russian troops and cause damage to the British navy, Russia Needs to hold onto it’s rear and to fend off and push back the germany advance. The Japanese need to obliterate China and The UK Empire and battle off the USA fleet. Italy needs to just… well… get some cash. and The United States needs to bomb the crap out of Germany and destory the Japanese Empire and support Africa or British incursions on the European mainland.

I try to not stray far from simple ideas in this game. I think it helps me stay grounded and not say… buy a russian AC and fighter R1 in the belief that it will be helpful.

In some circumstance where the Japanese player is a nub and the Germany player isn’t paying attention to what the other allies are doing these strategies could work, but If the British were focusing thier power on destroying japan first I would be doing my utmost to destroy London. And about that stack you were talking about on London, why just support the invaders with a ton of heavy bombers or something similar, in order to destroy tons of infantry?

• @Nickwins89:

Hypothetically all these crazy strategies could work, but in actual testing, I don’t think they could work, because opponents are trying to stay alive. No offense Wodan, but those same strats with slight variants are the ones that work, so those are to be the ones that are the mainstay of strategic thinking. Major plans that I always use: Germany needs to butcher all those Russian troops and cause damage to the British navy, Russia Needs to hold onto it’s rear and to fend off and push back the germany advance. The Japanese need to obliterate China and The UK Empire and battle off the USA fleet. Italy needs to just… well… get some cash. and The United States needs to bomb the crap out of Germany and destory the Japanese Empire and support Africa or British incursions on the European mainland.

The problem is that doing those strategies makes your forces means you become a jack of all trades and master of none.  Which is better, coming mere inches from killing all 3 Axis players at once, or crushing 1 Axis player while allowing the others to expand?

@Nickwins89:

If the British were focusing thier power on destroying japan first I would be doing my utmost to destroy London. And about that stack you were talking about on London, why just support the invaders with a ton of heavy bombers or something similar, in order to destroy tons of infantry?

So you are saying that if Germany somehow gets, by a 1/6 chance, the most powerful tech in the game, in a chart that they aren’t likely to be researching anyways, then builds a fleet of Bombers while protecting a massive territory, then they might be able to take out Britain.  And you accuse me of hypotheticals.

Actually, I was presuming that Techs were off.  If techs are on, the Allies should abuse them.

Also, a more effective strat for UK in this strategy might be to build a bomber or turn, use them to sink any fleet Germany builds, and otherwise SBR them.  If need be, they start stacking Infantry as well.

Moderate Strategy:
    Britain: Build IC in India only, get Bomber each turn to SBR Germany and keep their fleet in check.  May choose to retain Fighters in UK rather than send them to form a Carrier group in India.
    Russia: Send only 4 Infantry to India and 8 to Manchuria with a Bomber supporting, otherwise focus on Germany
    USA: Should probably still remain focused on Japan entirely, though they skip the Alaska IC.  Build up and SBR for the first few turns, while recapturing Borneo/East Indies if possible, then launch a large invasion of Japan.

Its hard to plot this strategy since much of it is dependent on Axis reactions.  Does Germany kill the British fleet or take Karelia G1?  Does Japan use their Pacific fleet to kill the American fleet of wipe out the Russians in Manchuria on J1?

• @atarihuana:

KGF doesnt ignore Japan :P

Sure? KGF utterly ignores Japan in the 3-4 first rounds. Enough for lose the game for allies

• Actually i think best way to play this would be the following.

Russia retreats ALL Siberian units back toward russia then into china, as well as 2 inf on turn 1.

Russia sends 2-4 inf into Persia, purchases 4 arm, 1 fig, placing armor in caucus and fig in Moscow.

IF that would be enough to hold India, UK does following, also depends on German moves as well.

UK buys 2 bombers and an IC for in India, lands 2 figs on Gibraltar with 2 inf as well (yes trannie is gonna die).  If possible strafe/take burma (you want to kill as many land units as possible).

US gears up to cover UK landings in africa, or prepares to do so itself as well as pressure japan and go after south pacific.  Also, us lands 2 figs in australia and moves the AC to z46.  This allows the US to drop 3 planes (depending on japan) on india turn 2 as well.  Make sure the US buys atleast 3 subs and 1 trannie.

This will allow you to destroy italy’s fleet, or start bombing Germany to aid Russia, and it allows you to break off if the Russian forces would not be enough to hold India, or allows Russia to follow a standard strategy against Germany -4 inf which can come back in 1 round.  Also, the Russian armor can come back very quickly if needed, or can push against Italy in Africa.  The key here is you have options, UK doesn’t have to go for it and Russia isn’t hurting that badly.  The other big thing to keep in mind is japan has no ‘second wave’ so to speak to hit India with in most openings.

Honestly though, if the UK wants to help in Asia, kick some German/Italian ass so the Russians can push back in china.

• @bugoo:

Actually i think best way to play this would be the following.

Russia retreats ALL Siberian units back toward russia then into china, as well as 2 inf on turn 1.

Russia sends 2-4 inf into Persia, purchases 4 arm, 1 fig, placing armor in caucus and fig in Moscow.

IF that would be enough to hold India, UK does following, also depends on German moves as well.

UK buys 2 bombers and an IC for in India, lands 2 figs on Gibraltar with 2 inf as well (yes trannie is gonna die).  If possible strafe/take burma (you want to kill as many land units as possible).

US gears up to cover UK landings in africa, or prepares to do so itself as well as pressure japan and go after south pacific.  Also, us lands 2 figs in australia and moves the AC to z46.  This allows the US to drop 3 planes (depending on japan) on india turn 2 as well.  Make sure the US buys atleast 3 subs and 1 trannie.

This will allow you to destroy italy’s fleet, or start bombing Germany to aid Russia, and it allows you to break off if the Russian forces would not be enough to hold India, or allows Russia to follow a standard strategy against Germany -4 inf which can come back in 1 round.  Also, the Russian armor can come back very quickly if needed, or can push against Italy in Africa.  The key here is you have options, UK doesn’t have to go for it and Russia isn’t hurting that badly.  The other big thing to keep in mind is japan has no ‘second wave’ so to speak to hit India with in most openings.

Honestly though, if the UK wants to help in Asia, kick some German/Italian a** so the Russians can push back in china.

Workable, I suppose.  However, the presence of 7 Russian Infantry in Buryatia with a Bomber supporting means Japan has to choose between losing Manchuria, or ignoring the American fleet, both of which are very bad things.

• I dont like any stat that focuses on ignoring any nation because i like to play with a certain degree of “realism” no rusian player will agree to be wiped out just for the sake of the other countries. However, i liked the bomber idea though. I was thinking perhsps i could buy that bomber en R1, regroup East near manchuria making japan think im fleeing.  Then un R2 attack with all soldiers + bomber. Im not seeing the gameboard right now there could be space limitations but its just an idea.

• Overall Plan currently:

R1: Build 1 Infantry, 3 Tanks, 1 Bomber, get 4 Infantry in Persia, 7 in Buryatia, and 1 in Soviet Far East
    B1: Build 1 IC in India, 2 Bombers, send Fighters to Northwest Africa or Gibraltar
    A1: ??? (emphasis on either naval, transports, or bombers, dependent on whether or not Japan hits their fleet or Buryatia)

• the big problem is that russia has no option what so ever going on offensive in far east. japan can ignore Bury, attack SUI with 6 men ,still kill BB , do its normal attacks ,buy 2 tran… and bring around 10 inf 2 art arm + planes + shore shots if Russia moves in Manchuria… or he can attack J1 right away. its way better move thoose inf west and seed china…

• I wouldn’t rule out any of these strategies, just like any “safe” strat, there is still the luck of the dice, and in my 14 years of playing AA I have seen some insane dice rolling that really makes the game fun and interesting.  If anything I welcome strats like these, and sometimes I try them myself in games just to mix things up and keep things fresh.  Some of these outlandish strategies will make your opponent think “What the H is going on?”  That in itself will create a fun and interesting game.

• @atarihuana:

the big problem is that russia has no option what so ever going on offensive in far east. japan can ignore Bury, attack SUI with 6 men ,still kill BB , do its normal attacks ,buy 2 tran… and bring around 10 inf 2 art arm + planes + shore shots if Russia moves in Manchuria… or he can attack J1 right away. its way better move thoose inf west and seed china…

Japan has about 20 Infantry, 2 Artillery, and a Tank within transporting range.  10 Infantry, 2 Artillery, and 1 Armor represents over 50% of their ground forces and all non-Infantry ground forces.  It means that they have 10 Infantry and a limited portion of their Airforce to deal with China, Kwantung, Burma, India, East Indies, Borneo, and the Philipines.

Japan can easily defend against any given threat, but it can’t defend against all of them.  Between the American Fleet, an uncapturable British IC, and a large group of Russian forces, all coming from different directions, they are in trouble.

• But If I was Russia, I would want to keep my forces on the German Front the strongest. I would be very hesitant to send a huge handful of troops out west to face Japan.

If I was Germany, and I saw the massive forces being sent towards Japan, I would be working my utmost with Italy to disrupt British operations whilst still pushing against the Russian Front.

Wouldn’t it be best to build a UK IC on India, so it would be closer to the Action in the Japanese theater of war? Granted the IC in SA would allow them to keep battling against the Italian hordes sent from Rome, but I think India would be a bit closer to the action, and thusly send troops quicker into the action.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m