• @SS-GEN Yes, Tech facility being damaged by strategic bombing is an excellent mechanic, and losing counters of technology for damage too, would have to perform an equivalence between points of damage of the complex and lost counters. I see for example that only the Major Industrial Complexes can be designated as research centers as well.
    The idea of ​​creating new units, as spies, or others, at least personally concerns me, the idea in mind is not to make the modification in our mod / rules more complex.
    For example g1936 from H.B.G. with its new units, it is surprising and attractive, but it adds a lot of complexity, time game and costs (buying parts, creating counters, painting…), we test only a new unit, heavy tanks, whose models can be represented with 1941 pieces (low cost game in USA, no so to import to Costa Rica -he, he, he-) or with a counter below a normal tank,
    (heavy tank Movement 1, defense 4, attack 4, cost 8 I.P.C.)

Note: Your idea of event cards that you use, type D-Day, sounds very interesting ¿where could I see the deck of cards?

• I agree with all your saying. You could just add the spy and have just have them damage chip tokens or something to that affect. The cards I would need to take photos of and post.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

• @SS-GEN nice, nice.
    I have some questions
    ¿You have a post whit the rules for use?
    ¿Is one card taken per country, per turn?
    ¿In which stage of the turn is the card taken?
    ¿Are any restrictions on taking cards?
    ¿Deck have a order or is ramdom?

• Been using mine for 3 years now with tweaks. Spiced up the game more. Not that u want to add any to your game but options there. Brolie has 700 cards there. Maybe you could use a few in your game. Some of his or even smaller things that can happen.

Anyway good luck

• @SS-GEN ok, i look at them. Thanks man.

• @Valladares said in G40 Historial Beta:

@SS-GEN nice, nice.
    I have some questions
    ¿You have a post whit the rules for use?
    ¿Is one card taken per country, per turn?
    ¿In which stage of the turn is the card taken?
    ¿Are any restrictions on taking cards?
    ¿Deck have a order or is ramdom?

1. I have a file but not up to date. Would change cards as we played.
    2. 1 card per country per turn at start of turn.
    3. Start of turn
    4. Cannot take cards
    5. Shuffle cards at start of game then draw randomly 1 at a time per turn per country and can use right away.
      So let’s say Russia receives a Tac Bomber they can use on that where ever it says to place

• @SS-GEN tanks for respond.

I have seen almost all the deck of cards, and it’s very interesting. There are cards that could be integrated in the future. But it is a shame that they do not have a number to indicate which would be compatible with the MOD / house rules set, that we are creating.

On creating new units, like the spy, after debate with my two friends, we believe that the MOD must be simple, and that the only new unit is the heavy Tank.
    Statistics of the Heavy Tank unit.
    Figure: ISSU and Tiger from the 1941 AA Game. (or card board counter)Hevy Tank Allies.jpgHevy Tank Axis.jpg
    Cost: 8 I. P. C
    Movement: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4
    Special Abilities: (1) combined weapons, tactical bomber paired with heavy tank, tactical bomber attacks 4. (2) combined weapons, infantry paired with heavy tank attacks 2.
    Restrictions: (1) Without Blitz. (2) Round 06, Winter 1942, Modern Heavy Tank Production allowed, if played with events per year.

That works. As you know go slow with group on adding stuff. So your saying can’t build tigers or h tanks until T6 Winter in your game ?
    I have to double check again because I have tigers being built in 42 spring summer season for me.
    As for the cards yes that is a good option to put on hold until group is ready

• @SS-GEN hello.
    In tropico there is only summer (“dry”) and winter (rainy), we will change that vision in the final document, for January to June, and July to December, each round represents 6 months, and although there is an order of players, like the combat is considered simultaneous.
    If you were going to put stations to apply restrictions for climate, you would have to go through tropic and equator lines, because the stations are inverse in the emisphere and in the center there are only 2 instead of 4 stations. The climate is an interesting mechanism to represent, but we are not going to include it because make to heavy the mod.

The heavy tanks existed from the beginning of the war, but we want to highlight the modern heavy tank, that is, the practical one, and we believe that the first is the Panzerkampfwagen VI H, which left the factory on August 15, 1942.

Right know we just have tigers and kvs in game.
    Ya can’t remember if I mentioned weather in game and some in event cards.
    Basic for all is game based on
    42 monsoon. T1
    Rasputita. T2
    Winter. T3
    43. Monsoon. T4
    Rasputita. T5
    Winter. T6
    44 so on game ends by 45 winter if it goes that long
    Each turn is like 4 months

• @SS-GEN Climate is a nice idea, but for now we dont want to make to complex the rules/mod. But i like all your ideas.
    Now this are the last of the rules. Now we need to make the charts of the IPC and start locations as in 1940, Balance in China Asia need some debate and test, because China Control most of the following provinces in 1940 Kiangsi and kwangsi, Tailandia (Siam) star deactivated pro-Axis.

Round limit is 12, like the combat is considered each turn simultaneous for each power. Order of play for this 1940 January 1, have not change from the original game. There are two modes of play 1 with time historical restrictions or 2 without them.
    Round 01 January - June1940 (Game starts)
    Round 03 January - June 1941. U.S.S.R. enter the war in attack face. Finland pro Axis Activation Allowed.
    Round 04 July - December 1941. U. S. A enter the war in Attack Face. Mexico and Central America, pro allies activation allowed.
    Round 05 January - June 1942. Brazil and Ecuador pro Allies activation allowed.
    Round 06 July - December 1942. Modern Heavy Tank Production allowed
    Round 07 January - June 1943. Colombia pro Allies activation allowed.
    Round 12 July - December 1945 (Final round)

Victory Conditions: 3 modes of play.

1. Victory Cities: Same of the base global game for the axis and the allies.
    2. Historical: Same of the base global game for the axis and the allies, but with year historical restrictions and game max duration is 12 rounds.
    3. Fuel of War: Axis need to capture and retain 12 of the 25 important producing centers of natural petroleum, for 07 ROUNDS MAX.

USA 182.657mt (1 Western United States, 2 Central United States, 3 Eastern United States)
    USSR 29.700mt (4 Caucasus, 5 Soviet Far East)
    Venezuela 27.443mt (6 Venezuela)
    Iran 10.426mt (7 Persia, 8 Northwest Persia)
    Dutch East Indies 7.939mt (9 Sumatra, 10 Java, 11 Celebes, 12 Dutch New Guinea)
    México 6.721 mt (13 Southeast Mexico)
    Romania 5.764mt (14 Romania)
    Colombia 3.636mt (15 Colombia)
    Iraq 3.438mt (16 Iraq)
    Argentina 2.871mt (17 Argentina)
    Trinidad 2.844mt (18 West Indias)
    Perú 1.776mt (19 Perú)
    Arabian Peninsula 1.652mt (20 Saudi Arabia)
    Burma 1.088mt (21 Burma)
    Canadá 1.082mt (22 Alberta Saskatchewan Manitoba)
    Borneo 0.932mt (23 Borneo)
    Egypt 0.929mt (24 Alexandria)
    China 0.050mt (25 Yunnan)
    *All Valor’s are in Millions of Metric tons, for the production of the year 1940, and not contemplate synthetic oil production.
    *We considered only locations with production over 0.900mt, for total production of 1940, but allowed Yunnan for balance.

Where did you get your oil producing list for these countries. There’s a few I saw maybe right that I have are not. Not that it matters here. Just asking.

I do like your 3 option for a axis win. VC ok up to a certain point. Make the axis get most of total resources and control by a certain turn or holding what ever your conditions are for a turn. My game based on VC worth points and the axis can get up to 4 different things of control for 1 Bonus point that goes with your VC points total.

1. Axis total income 1 bonus point
    2. Middle East oil 1 bonus point
    3. Control 3 Dutch Islands for Oil and refineries 1 bonus point
    4. Control 4 Dutch Islands/Maylay for Oil, Refineries and Rubber 2 bonus points

The goal is to give Japan more options for a win instead of just sitting there and doing nothing while Germany has to do all the work. Also it’s to get US to spend 60/40 or 50/50 for both sides like war was. If they go one side then Japan cleans up and vice versa. Remember to in my game I have 3 island group NOs that you can receive 5 icps per group. Now Japan has to come off Asia more, can’t blitz Moscow (have movement of 1 for all motorized units in Siberia and Asia.) rule and Japan has tank restriction buys. Japan can go and try to get Calcutta too for 2 VC points but still need to get a few islands for money and prevent US from getting to many island NOs. Japan should have to win by getting the oil they worth money and to help win the game. Just throwing ideas at ya from my game.

• @SS-GEN No problem. Sources 1. The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia https://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/O/i/Oil.htm 2.https://wayback.archive-it.org/6321/20160901222852/http://digital.library.northwestern.edu/league/le0280ah.pdf
    -Leon in the trenches-, has a video, in YouTube, where he explains rules for making rules, we have taken as an example.
    The idea of this Mode / house rules, is to offer a historical 1940 Start, conserving the scale, without diminishing too much the strategic options, and adding few material elements.
    Now, I see your point, about the options in Japan. In 2 of the “5” tests, Japanese loses in the long run (by production as in real life), if China and USA play well.
    If Germany and Italy manage to defeat Russia and defend Egypt, it is won by cities in Europe.
    The tests have been solo and in group, 2 in group (Axis 1 allies 1, win ratio) 3 alone (Axis 2 Allies 1), we want to go through all the rules (and a victory condition) once we have decided on the placement of units in Asia. To make the final post and PDF file.
    Then, with time, make an arrangement of pieces for 1 Sep. 1939, and a modification for 1942 oficial Start.
    Obviously we are 100% open to corrections, ideas and analysis. Especially because Spanish is our language, and we know that asistid translation can make the rules confusing. I have a level (CEFR) B2 + in reading and C1 in listening, but A- in grammar, so I apologize for my writing errors.

• @Valladares
    Ya I’ll check that out and post more of your game tests and or results.

• Holy crap. That is some awesome stats for resources there.

I do have in game you can convoy raid an oil derrick or refinery for representing oil tankers and SBR both too from air.

• @SS-GEN nice idea to add to a mode, or house rules, that represents petroleum resources, or resources centers, would be treated as facilities, with their determined points of impact, their cost of repair and penalties.
    I do not see that my friends accept that the oil production sites can be bombed, because it would be necessary to create more rules … -ha, ha, ha-

• @Valladares said in G40 Historial Beta:

@SS-GEN nice idea to add to a mode, or house rules, that represents petroleum resources, or resources centers, would be treated as facilities, with their determined points of impact, their cost of repair and penalties.
    I do not see that my friends accept that the oil production sites can be bombed, because it would be necessary to create more rules … -ha, ha, ha-

Lol
    But that is part of the Dutch island oil. Japan has to protect and defend it too. So makes them deal with more stuff off Asia and you want the 7 icp islands with refineries (worth 2 icp owned) for the money which they should have to fight over plus now they have to deal with US Anzac and Fec SBR raids or sub convoy raids.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m