• Thanks for the clarification.

• @Gisgo-XVII no problema, i need to writte more carefuly, english is not my primary leguaje. Now, we want to make a new rule, one for Spain, in real life Franco’s Spain were not a full ally of Axis, but suport Axis war with comerce and volunteers, so Spain never goes pro Allies unless a direct attack of Axis power, and goes full pro Axis if Allies make a direct attack; soo, to symbolize the historical situation: "as long as there are allied units in continental France or corsica, European Axis losse IPC to banck, one for Germany and one for Italy, if there are no units there, Germany and Italy have one IPC for free from the bank.

• '18

@Valladares I like your idea about Spain being pro axis and how you can collect, or lose, 1 IPC from the bank. We may try that one.

• '18

@Valladares I just read the history of Corsica and WW2. Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

• @Guam-Solo Thanks, the place of birth of Napoleon need some love.
    We not yet have play test the Spain Rule or the Italian new Objetive, for now are ideas. “Oficial” house rules we play test post only in first mensaje. We thanks all feedback of any rule you want to use.

• Hello, these are the ideas we are testing.

1 - Time and events according to round
    Round 01 Sumer 1940 (Game Starts)
    Round 02 Winter 1940 Romania and Bulgaria activation allowed
    Round 03 Sumer 1941 USSR enter the war in attack fase, Finland activation allowed.
    Round 04 Winter 1941 USA enter the war in attack fase
    , Mexico, Central America, and Brasil, activation allowed.
    Round 05 Sumer 1942 Siam activation allowed. Ecuador become pro allies
    Round 06 Winter 1942 Hevy Tank Producción *
    Round 07 Sumer 1943 Colombia become pro allies
    Round 08 Winter 1943
    Round 09 Sumer 1944
    Round 10 Winter 1944
    Round 11 Sumer 1945
    Round 12 Winter 1945 (Game Ends)

2 - Crude oil: a determined point in real war, the original game does not represent all the important places. Important Oil production places for the year 1940, in millions of metric tons:

USA (Central United States) 182.657,
    USSR (Caucasus) 29.700
    Venezuela 27.443
    Iran (Persia, Northwest Persia) 10.426
    Indonesia (Dutch east indies) 7.939
    Mexico (Southeast Mexico) 6.721
    Romania 5.764
    Colombia 3.636
    Iraq 3.438
    Argentina 2.871
    Trinidad (West indies) 2.844
    Peru 1.776
    Saudi Arabia and Bahrein (Saudi Arabia) 0.727, 0.925 = 1.652
    Burma 1.088
    Canada (Alberta - Sakatchewan - Manitoba) 1.082
    Borneo 0.932
    Egypt (Egypt) 0.929
    Malaya ¿? remplace for Yunnan, Malaya was a importan center of ruber (Caucho) and not for crude oil, we made a error.

For now we only represent with a token, for esthetic, we don’t agreed on a game mechanic yet, bonus Objetive or penalty for axis and/or Allies, or Victory Points. We use the old Battle Of the Bulgue counter, real size of the game to print in decal paper 1,9cm x 1,9cm. Recurso.jpg
    IMG_20190503_060003.jpg

• WE ADOPT THE Anniversary MECHANICS, we change the place of the technologies so the are more realistic to the dates. For now we want to test 2 ways, powers start without technologies gained, or start with a technology. for now we are using the first one.
    The rules are:

1. During the purchase stage, the research counter (scientific equipment) is purchased with a value of 5 I. P. C, however, it can only be roll BEFORE the purchase-repair stage of the game.
      A counter = a die
      Research.jpg
    2. A roll of 1 - 5 is equal to failure: the counters can be preserved.
      A roll of 6 is equal to success. the list of technology is chosen, a die is rolled again. All counters are lost and must be bought again.

NOTE 1: if you are in the year 1943 - 1946 you can continue choosing the list 1939 - 1942 if you wish).
    NOTE 2: If the capital falls, the counters must be handed over to the conqueror power, and the conqueror acquires the same technologies of the conquered.
    NOTE 3: China can only acquire AVANTED ARTILLERY. They can NOT keep counters after a failed roll.
    NOTE 4: UK-E and UK-P share the technologies.
    Research_Chart_G40_Historical_2.jpg

• Ya this works. I would add when u lose a capital give them a chance to destroy there own tech

• @SS-GEN well is an interesting idea to adapt in a mechanic. But technically it was more desirable for the countries to steal the technology instead of destroying it.
    Yes, historically sabotage existed to the research centers, it could be penalized the purchase of more counters or the dice roll, attacking the designated industrial complex that also serves as a research center, while the installation is damaged penalty is in place.
    The problem of destroying a technology is in the basic mechanics of the game, that indicates: once the technology is chosen, it is applied immediately in play. But if you have a mechanic who can over write this rule without breaking the game, I would love to listen to it, try it, and with your permission, adopt it.
    Research_Chart_G40_Historical.jpg

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

I can see a Tech facility being damaged by SBR attacks and losing some tokens but as sabotage by inf not likely to happen. It could be in game where you have elite inf 1 or 2 max on map only and C10 and can move 4-6 spaces and maybe doing a bombing attack but that’s another option.
    I mentioned destroying own tech research papers more or less so enemy can’t get a tech or all there tech. I can see what your saying as once you lose your Capital oh well now the enemy can gain 1-4 techs.
    In my game I use the techs you use in a 10 tree chart and some techs tweaked.
    Make this quick we use event cards for each country. So each deck has 22 cards. 2 cards u get a free tech token, 1 card saying you get a tech and 1 card a spy steals a tech.
    You only turn over 8-12 cards per game. So you may not get a tech for awhile. Can buy token for 5 icps. We had one game with 16 techs but never unbalanced the game. Not all techs good and some tweaks help. When spy steals a tech card comes up you can pick 1 tech from enemy from tech chart and keep.
    I’m mentioning this because you could add a spy to your game. Instead of 2 elites have it C6 for a spy and have max of 1 or 2 only on map and can move 4-6 spaces including sea zones and has to start in your capital. Or it can only move in sea zones to 2-3 on Transports. Speed or time is a factor here for spy where u can adjust it. Then when it reaches the tech facility than have a die roll where it needs to roll a certain number to steal a tech from enemy.
    Or if inf there at facility have it where if they don’t kill spy the spy steals a tech. If spy steals the tech then he goes automatically back to Capital or have it where you can try to kill the spy as he is moving to and from tech facility

• @SS-GEN Yes, Tech facility being damaged by strategic bombing is an excellent mechanic, and losing counters of technology for damage too, would have to perform an equivalence between points of damage of the complex and lost counters. I see for example that only the Major Industrial Complexes can be designated as research centers as well.
    The idea of ​​creating new units, as spies, or others, at least personally concerns me, the idea in mind is not to make the modification in our mod / rules more complex.
    For example g1936 from H.B.G. with its new units, it is surprising and attractive, but it adds a lot of complexity, time game and costs (buying parts, creating counters, painting…), we test only a new unit, heavy tanks, whose models can be represented with 1941 pieces (low cost game in USA, no so to import to Costa Rica -he, he, he-) or with a counter below a normal tank,
    (heavy tank Movement 1, defense 4, attack 4, cost 8 I.P.C.)

Note: Your idea of event cards that you use, type D-Day, sounds very interesting ¿where could I see the deck of cards?

• I agree with all your saying. You could just add the spy and have just have them damage chip tokens or something to that affect. The cards I would need to take photos of and post.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

• @SS-GEN nice, nice.
    I have some questions
    ¿You have a post whit the rules for use?
    ¿Is one card taken per country, per turn?
    ¿In which stage of the turn is the card taken?
    ¿Are any restrictions on taking cards?
    ¿Deck have a order or is ramdom?

• Been using mine for 3 years now with tweaks. Spiced up the game more. Not that u want to add any to your game but options there. Brolie has 700 cards there. Maybe you could use a few in your game. Some of his or even smaller things that can happen.

Anyway good luck

• @SS-GEN ok, i look at them. Thanks man.

• @Valladares said in G40 Historial Beta:

@SS-GEN nice, nice.
    I have some questions
    ¿You have a post whit the rules for use?
    ¿Is one card taken per country, per turn?
    ¿In which stage of the turn is the card taken?
    ¿Are any restrictions on taking cards?
    ¿Deck have a order or is ramdom?

1. I have a file but not up to date. Would change cards as we played.
    2. 1 card per country per turn at start of turn.
    3. Start of turn
    4. Cannot take cards
    5. Shuffle cards at start of game then draw randomly 1 at a time per turn per country and can use right away.
      So let’s say Russia receives a Tac Bomber they can use on that where ever it says to place

• @SS-GEN tanks for respond.

I have seen almost all the deck of cards, and it’s very interesting. There are cards that could be integrated in the future. But it is a shame that they do not have a number to indicate which would be compatible with the MOD / house rules set, that we are creating.

On creating new units, like the spy, after debate with my two friends, we believe that the MOD must be simple, and that the only new unit is the heavy Tank.
    Statistics of the Heavy Tank unit.
    Figure: ISSU and Tiger from the 1941 AA Game. (or card board counter)Hevy Tank Allies.jpgHevy Tank Axis.jpg
    Cost: 8 I. P. C
    Movement: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4
    Special Abilities: (1) combined weapons, tactical bomber paired with heavy tank, tactical bomber attacks 4. (2) combined weapons, infantry paired with heavy tank attacks 2.
    Restrictions: (1) Without Blitz. (2) Round 06, Winter 1942, Modern Heavy Tank Production allowed, if played with events per year.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m