How long does it take for Kickstarter to take money from an account?

• Hey all. I just went to submit my order for the jumbo version of the War Room through Kickstarter. When I entered my card information and clicked submit the next screen I got was to login to Kickstarter despite earlier selecting to continue as a guest. I was curious how long it usually takes until you see the money taken from your account when purchasing through kickstarter? I want to ensure my order went through but I don’t want to accidentally order two. Any help would be great thanks guys

• Kickstarter takes your money after the funding period is over. This is because some projects do not make their funding target. When that happens, Kickstarter does not charge anybody.

In this case, War Room ends in 5 days. So, Kickstarter will charge the backers in 5 days: on Friday, 8 December.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper:

Kickstarter takes your money after the funding period is over. This is because some projects do not make their funding target. When that happens, Kickstarter does not charge anybody.

In this case, War Room ends in 5 days. So, Kickstarter will charge the backers in 5 days: on Friday, 8 December.

-Midnight_Reaper

To be nitpicky, the kickstarter actually ends at 11:59 PM EST on December 8, so it’s possible you’ll be charged on December 9 instead if it’s not quick enough.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Midnight_Reaper:

Kickstarter takes your money after the funding period is over. This is because some projects do not make their funding target. When that happens, Kickstarter does not charge anybody.

-Midnight_Reaper

To be nitpicky, the kickstarter actually ends at 11:59 PM EST on December 8, so it’s possible you’ll be charged on December 9 instead if it’s not quick enough.

Fair enough. At any rate, you don’t get charged until the funding period is over, and not unless the initial funding goal is met.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Is there a way to tell if my purchase went through having backed it as a guest?

• I didn’t even know you could back without an account.
    Anyway, you can always ask the creators, they see who has backed and should be able to help you out.

• @bgugs:

Is there a way to tell if my purchase went through having backed it as a guest?

Haven’t you got a confirmation mail? Even as guest you should get a mail from Kickstarter containing your backer # and a confirmation number, AFAIK.

• I have not received any email which makes me think that my purchase didn’t go through. I will contact the creators to see what they say. I just want to ensure that I get a copy of War Room, but not two copies.

• All sorted out. Thank you for the help guys

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m