• If you “click to open expanded view” you can see that at least the Italian tank is not German.

• The Bombers look Japanese…

It was assumed that the Re-Print run was going to use the G1940.2 Units, at least I did. I would make sense if they did.

• @Benito:

If you “click to open expanded view” you can see that at least the Italian tank is not German.

The original Anniversary edition had an Italian tank sculpt.  The tank and the infantry unit were the only Italian-specific sculpts in the game.  Other than those units, the land units were German designs, the sea units were Japanese designs and the air units were divided between a German fighter and a Japanese bomber.

• Oh, my apologies. I thought that the Italians were all Germans. Sorry.  :-P

• '17 '16

May sound crazy, but nobody is FORCED to use the units that come with Anniversary Edition… this may sound totally nuts, but you COULD use Italian units from Global40 with the Anniversary Reprint… if you don’t have Global, you could just order Italian units from HBG… I only have 1941 and 1942SE, but I have a full set of Global Italian units.

• @Wolfshanze:

May sound crazy, but nobody is FORCED to use the units that come with Anniversary Edition… this may sound totally nuts, but you COULD use Italian units from Global40 with the Anniversary Reprint… if you don’t have Global, you could just order Italian units from HBG… I only have 1941 and 1942SE, but I have a full set of Global Italian units.

WHAAAAAA? Stop lying. Thats blasphemy!

• The Amazon write up is terrible - they don’t even have their facts straight.  They appear to have rewritten an old description and added their own inaccurate babble to it.  Cruisers were ALREADY in Anniversary Edition - it’s not a new thing to this SKU.  Goddamn they need a Brand Manager.  And why the fuc wouldn’t they reveal what the new sculpts are?  And why are they so obsessed with length of play?  Oh that’s right they make lots of quick to finish games…wait.

Clearly whoever is handling the A&A line has no experience with the game.

• '17 '16

@Paper_IPC:

Clearly whoever is handling the A&A line has no experience with the game.

There are very few people in Marketing who actually play/use whatever product they are in charge of Marketing to the public. It would be all but impossible to have marketing people who play/use everything they market on a day-to-day basis.

• This is an old image - in the middle compartment one can clearly see a Carro Armato 13-40 in the upper right hand corner.  Right off its nose is the old German Cruiser sculpt with the squared off stern.  To the right of the stern of the Cruiser is the old Japanese Artillery sculpt.  Didn’t even take a new shot!  They won’t lift a finger!

Does anyone know if it will come with clamps to hold the boards in place?

• I WISH! Most likely not.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m