Re: Spring 2017 Battle of Britain - 30th April - See Battle Report

• Yes Leo. Jeremy against Mark.

And Tomas and Dale vs me and our new player, Dave, who seemed to enjoy himself a lot, so hopefully will be a regular attendee.

I felt I should partner Dave given that he is less experienced than everyone else.

• Sounds like a good event guys!

• Hope you can join us some time h0lym0nk  :-)

• @h0lym0nk:

Sounds like a good event guys!

PP and his Derbyshire friends are great hosts. Is  Always a good day’s gaming.

• Anniversary Game ‘Fuller Write Up’

The Axis opened with a full on attack on Egypt, which surprised the British so much they could only kill one measly infantry despite the odds being fairly close. The commanding nature of this victory really teed the Axis powers up to rampant gains in Africa. On the Eastern front the Germans pushed East centrally, leaving the Russians unsure as to whether they were to steer North to Leningrad or South to Stalingrad. Some minor naval skirmishes also occurred in the Atlantic.

In the East Japan’s first turn was focused on coastal China and Kwangtung, prioritising erosion of the Chinese forces before they could consolidate or retreat inland, over gaining the Money Islands. The Phillipines was also captured in this opening go, and the carrier fleet off Midway sunk the Battleship off Hawaii before retreating West.

In reply the Americans and British started to amass fleets for the counterattack and the Russians consolidated Leningrad and Stalingrad in readiness for the coming storm.

Over the next turn the Brits attempted to shore up Trans-Jordan unsuccessfully leaving the Middle East wide open to the Axis, and the Italian fleet leveraged the newly captured Suez canal to wipe out the remaining British presence in Africa. Japan captured the Money Islands, and stood at the gates of an undefended India.

The Americans built up their Pacific fleet in response to massive Japanese fleet builds. China continued to be a thorn in Japan’s side.

On the Eastern front the Germans made a bold move heading South towards the Caucasus and Stalingrad. The Russians responded by stacking Stalingrad with everything they had.

Unfortunately they hadn’t factored in the sneaky Italians who outflanked the Russian forces and left the way to Moscow wide open.

In the face of an increasingly desperate Allied counter the Japanese invaded India, and then immediately headed South East to invade Australia the following turn.

At the same time the Germans stormed into Moscow, and the Russians elected to destroy the Luftwaffe in West Russia (where they had landed following the Moscow capture) rather than retake the capital.

The following turn saw the Axis cement their hold on Moscow, and repel a desperate attack by the US on the SZ outside Japan before sinking the remaining fleet. With 13-14 VCs in Axis hands but with a likely few more hours play required to reach the full victory conditions the Allied commanders conceded defeat and were promptly hung for war crimes.

Mass genocide followed as the Axis ran rampant the world over.

• My version was so much more succinct!

Sound like you had a great time smashing the allies all across the globe.

• Hope you can join us some time h0lym0nk

I see your next Battle of Britain is on June 11?

I might be able to make that, but I’m not 100% certain though. I would only be able to let you know very last minute, maybe only a week before. I’ll drop you a PM to let you know??

PP and his Derbyshire friends are great hosts. Is  Always a good day’s gaming.

Good to hear, I hope I can get to play more A&A this way  :-)

• @h0lym0nk:

I see your next Battle of Britain is on June 11?

I might be able to make that, but I’m not 100% certain though. I would only be able to let you know very last minute, maybe only a week before. I’ll drop you a PM to let you know??

Great! I will include you in the arrangements for the day and you can let me know one way or the other when you are able.

Cheers
    PP

• So I am going to have to come to this  one then!
    That is good news.

• Good news? Your attendance? For you or for us?! :-D

We’d better get that “Most Chaotic Player” trophy polished up!

• Chaotic? I am the most relaxed. Often watching Rugby, rather than sitting at the game table. No Girlish screaming from me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m