• I couldnt find an answer to this on this site, so if its already been discussed I apologize for the redundancy.  In the rules it says you order units, then pay for units and repairs, and then place units. So lets say I have a factory on a territory that has a unit production limit of 5 on it, and it has 3 damage on it.  Since I have to order units before I can pay for repairs, am I stuck with a unit production of 2 for the turn, or can I order up to 5 units, knowing I am about to repair the damage.  Thanks for the help.

• If you buy more units than you can place they can be placed on future turns, but if you want to place units and you got SBR damage you may want to instead repair some of the damage to allow you to place the units.

So in Germany if you can place 10 units and it got bombed for 5, you can place only 5, but if you spend say 3 to repair then you can place 8 but have 3 less IPC to spend on new units.

• You are able to pay for repairs before you decide to buy as far as I know.

• @Imperious:

If you buy more units than you can place they can be placed on future turns, but if you want to place units and you got SBR damage you may want to instead repair some of the damage to allow you to place the units.

So in Germany if you can place 10 units and it got bombed for 5, you can place only 5, but if you spend say 3 to repair then you can place 8 but have 3 less IPC to spend on new units.

IL, so units that can not be placed are not lost. In Revised it is different if am not making a mistake, that is the units that can not be placed are lost at the end ofthe turn, are they?

• Official Q&A

Imperious Leader is correct.  Units aren’t actually placed until the Mobilize Units phase, so you can order them in anticipation of the repairs that will allow you to place them.  Repairs are effective immediately, so in your example you can order your five units.

@Romulus:

IL, so units that can not be placed are not lost. In Revised it is different if am not making a mistake, that is the units that can not be placed are lost at the end ofthe turn, are they?

Yes, this is different in Anniversary.  Unplaceable units remain in the Mobilization Zone until they are placeable, whereas in Revised they were lost.

• Hey i got one right!

LOL!

• Germany took Karelia - Allies bombed it so they couldn’t produce on the front lines.

Germany didn’t repair it and Russia retook it.

Is the factory still damaged in Russian hands until someone pays to have the damage repaired?

I didn’t see this covered in the rules.  So our group said yes.  Someone has to pay before it is useable.

• Official Q&A

Your group is correct.  When you capture an IC, you inherit any damage along with it.

• Danke!

I like that.

The bombing runs and the damage markers give you some flexibility – still painful as all getup, but a great new addition to the SBR rules.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m