• I don’t really see the amphib attack as worth it. No units that have to come through Tuscany can get to Venic in one move. So really, it doesn’t Interrupt the Italian player at all movement wise and just kills off 2 of your units.

• Customizer

Larry will have you shot for that suggestion.

@Richter:

has anyone tried to make an amphibious attack on Tuscany on A1(arty + inf from Trieste) if sucessful it would split italy in two parts, delaying a counterattack on Venice (at least preventing a an early attack from Rome.

• @Richter:

has anyone tried to make an amphibious attack on Tuscany on A1(arty + inf from Trieste) if sucessful it would split italy in two parts, delaying a counterattack on Venice (at least preventing a an early attack from Rome.

I tried it, not really worth it, on I1, the forces from Rome took it back.  Italy will be moving those forces up anyway.  It doesn’t really delay much counterattack on Venice, there is only 1 infantry that could be moved up to Venice from Tuscany.  Italian counterattack will either come from Piedmont on I1 of Rome to Tuscany on I1, and to Venice on I2, that assault doesn’t change that.  I think those troops are better used in Albania or Venice.

• I did too. Not sure I would repeat it.
    Seemed a good use of the Battleship’s Bombardment capability, but as explained by others is probably a waste of 2 Inf.

I went attack crazy and piled into the Ukraine too.
    I now have 19 angry Russians in there and am waiting to see if they go to Poland, Galicia or Rumania(with Fighter support).
    My Fighter is in Venice, so no help.

• yeah im not sure that I try to land in Tuscany. It might be worth it if you could land more than two units otherwise that’s a move that your opponent rolls his eyes at because it only an annoyance.

• Customizer

I’d have moved the SZ 18 border further south, forcing Italy to garrison Naples as well.

SZ18.PNG

• Yeah I think that would be better too Flashman. I feel like you have to cram the AH navy in their one and only sea zone

• After playing through round 1 last night.  I don’t see why Austria would not hit Romania hard.  Russia does not have the troops to make a counterattack credible.  After the Austrian turn I had 15 Infantry and 3 Artillery there, all defending at a ‘3’.  I only sent 4 Inf/2 Art to Serbia.  All Trieste and Tyrolia troops went to Venice.  Bohemia army went to Galatia and I split up my Vienna army roughly in two to support both the Russian and Italian fronts.

What exactly can the Russians do to that?  Perhaps attack Galatia and stack Poland, but then Ukraine and Sevastopol are threatened.

• Customizer

Galatia is in central Turkey. Hell of a jump from Prague.

• @Flashman:

Galatia is in central Turkey. Hell of a jump from Prague.

Of course I meant Galicia.  Dang autocorrect.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m