• Customizer

I think there should be a new technology method to the game. I’ve had some thoughts about this in the past, but haven’t really organized them yet.

I was thinking of a style of tech similar to civilization-building sort of games, except with less (or no) benefits for earlier improvements. In other words it would work on a tree of development. Things like long-range bombers and atomic bombs would be at the top of the tech tree, and things like Improved Factory Labor and Breakthroughs in Physics would be at the bottom. Some of the technologies would branch into each other and each would have different prerequisites. Perhaps even each nation would have its own tree altogether?

The technology advances would each cost a set amount of IPCs based on which tier of development. Maybe the first tier would have no benefits, but they would be very cheap and necessary for further improvements. The second tier would have slight improvements (better subs, + a few IPCs each turn, produce spies, etc), and the third (and maybe fourth?) tier would be the major stuff.

I’d love to have some help on developing this tree. Ideas?

• IL has one just like this in house rules check it out. It’s under IL’s kiss rules 1.1 or something like that.

• @finnman:

IL has one just like this in house rules check it out. It’s under IL’s kiss rules 1.1 or something like that.

How about providing us with a link?

• I don’t get how atomic power would would work…. like it seems pretty cheesy and gets rid of competition

• Atomic Bomb- Each Atomic Bombs costs 10 IPC and only one can be made each turn. When dropped no AA roll is made. Effects: 3 dice of variable damage and one die of permanent damage. The first turn this can be developed is turn 7. Prerequisite: Heavy Bombers technology.

3 dice reduce the income of the player, and a 4th die is permanent reduction. If you A-bomb Germany and roll a 4, the German player gets only 6 IPC from it for the rest of the game and can only place 6 units.  You cant get it until turn 7 ( really not possible anyway unless you roll perfectly) and aa guns get no roll against the bomber. Also, you can only drop one per turn.

According to the rules it is a 5th tier technology which requires you to have 4 other technologies in the same category and one of them must be Heavy Bombers.

If you calculate the odds of getting it more or less it may appear on about turn 12-15 as long as you always have a researcher in that category working on it. Most games are over by that time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m