HELP - Can't click on buttons in Triple A main menu ??

• I just download the latest windows version of Triple A - (triplea_1_8_0_9) and was able to get to the main menu.  That’s all I can do since for some reason when I click on the buttons nothing happens for any of them.  I’ve never had this issue and have many different games / software install on my PC.  Has anybody had this issue? I know it’s not a problem with my mouse.

thanks for any help.

I have Windows7 and just got the latest Java installed (successfully).  Don’t think game would have even got to main menu if there was an issue with the JRE.

• Ok, looks like you use the space bar to activate the buttons …  :?

• Still seems to be an issue or just odd sliders can’t be clicked or moved.  Arrow keys sort of work, but the UI is not easy to navigate.  :-(

• Ok, well I’m back to thinking something is definitely wrong with the UI.  No way to select a game as the ‘OK’ button even when highlighted with the mouse pointer does nothing when clicking (right or left) as well as the space bar having no effect.  Guess I won’t be playing Triple A today….

• Hi abulbulian

Probably not a very helpful answer, but I suppose it might be worth saying that I have not had any such problems, nor seen any report of such from anyone else.

I am no computer expert and if you are lucky you will get a better informed answer from a forum colleague, but might it be worth uninstalling and starting again?

Good luck!
    PP

• @abulbulian:

I have Windows7 and just got the latest Java installed (successfully).

How are the specs of your system (CPU/RAM)?
    Which Windows 7 - version do you have? 32bit or 64bit?
    Which Java version did you install? Did you use the online installation or the offline 32 or 64 bit installation file from java.com?
    Which Triple-A-installation file did you download and execute?

Did you completely uninstall an older Java version before installing the latest version?

• How are the specs of your system (CPU/RAM)?
    Intel® Core™ i7 CPU, 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Which Windows 7 - version do you have? 32bit or 64bit?
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Which Java version did you install? Did you use the online installation or the offline 32 or 64 bit installation file from java.com?
    Java version 8 (build 101)  online install (64)

Which Triple-A-installation file did you download and execute?
    Download triplea_1_8_0_9_windows_installer.exe

Did you completely uninstall an older Java version before installing the latest version?
    Yes, installer told me it was uninstalling the older version, and re-installing.  The check app told me it was successful.

Going to try and unstall Triple A and install the triplea_1_8_0_9_windows_installer.exe w/java

Any other ideas would be helpful.  Oh yeah, I’ll reboot my computer too as well  :-P

thanks

• OK, well not sure what fixed the issues, but the windows exe w/java version worked.  Maybe the reboot fixed the issue  :lol:

• Great, enjoy gaming :-)

• I still noticed one issue which is that the arrows don’t show when I move my units. Good info showing unit moves, etc.  However, when the AI moves arrows are drawn on the map, so I not sure what the issues is here.  Maybe somebody has come across this before?

• @abulbulian:

I still noticed one issue which is that the arrows don’t show when I move my units. Good info showing unit moves, etc.  However, when the AI moves arrows are drawn on the map, so I not sure what the issues is here.  Maybe somebody has come across this before?

Strange - I have never heard of that before… sorry.

One idea though… start TripleA and hit “Engine Preferences”.
    After that hit “Set Look and Feel”.
    Try another scheme and see if your problem still occurs then…

HTH :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m