2 Questions about A&A1940Global

• Hi guys,

iam not a rookie in this game but at the last match with my friends we got some rule issues we cant solve with the rulebook.
    1. When i exactly recive my IPC ? At the end of my collect income phase !?! Or at the begining of my next round !?!
    Because in the game : I played Germany and conquered London so i have to gain from the UK player all the IPC on his hand ?

2.  Iam doing a amphibian assault with a few transport all fully loaded, some DDs and a massive amount of airforce. The airforce are all declared for the land attack.
    But i lost all my DDs and iam not able to land. Can i retreat my airforce or i have to fight 1 round and than retreat ?

thanks for help.

• Afternoon Ju87S. Glad you are enjoying 1940.
    1. You collect your income at the end of your turn, in the Collect Income Phase. You take the UK’s money in the Combat Round phase, soon as London falls.
    2. Your Air units have to do one Round of combat, then can choose to retreat.
    Remember the Ground units will still be on board the Transports.

• ok thanks for the help so far. :roll:

got another questions. in an amph. assualt with transport, a carrier and some warships.
    The transport and carriers are not directly in combat !?! I lost the see fight are my carrier and the transport also casulties ?

• The Transports and the Carrier are in the SZ. They need to be hit to be destroyed, so if they stayed in the SZ, they would have been sunk too (if hit). They could retreat, if they were still alive at the beginning of the next round, however.
    Are you aware that a Carrier can absorb two hits (like a Battleship)?

• If you did not want the Carrier and the Transports in the battle, they had to move out of the SZ in the Combat Round.
    All units in a SZ, where there is combat, are in a battle. Does that make sense?

• Yes that makes sense and its logical  :lol:

thanks very much for help.

• Carriers don’t move into the fight, as they have no attack value. you can only send the war planes from the carrier into battle. See “how the carriers fight” in the manual. Carefully study that.

• You can send in a Carrier, even though it has no attack value. It can be used to soak up two hits (or just one).

• @jgarcianegron:

See “how the carriers fight” in the manual. Carefully study that.

@rulebook:

Aircraft Carriers
    Although they don’t have an attack value and aren’t
    represented on the battle strip, carriers can still participate
    in an attack and can take hits, as long at least 1 unit with
    an attack value attacks along with them
    . Any fighters or
    tactical bombers on an aircraft carrier launch before the
    carrier moves and move independently of the carrier.
    These air units can make a combat move from the carrier’s
    initial sea zone, or they can remain in that sea zone until
    the Noncombat Move phase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m