• Doing that vegas roll basically is a busted game play. If you fail you have lost. If you win % is much lower than 50% it may be worthwhile to play like this, except your victory will be unearned. If you play above 50% w/o rockets their is no value bet in that pot. Sorry for the Poker terms

• Risky…but hell, I might just give it a try next time I’m Germany.

A little short on Inf for the first turn, but if successful, it won’t matter by turn two or three.

• 1 die: ~16%
    2 dice: ~31%
    3 dice: ~42%
    4 dice: ~52%
    5 dice: ~60%
    6 dice:  ~66%

The most efficient way to do this is one die per turn, because anything over one die in one turn gives you “less” chance than the first one due to overlap. But you probably want to roll more than that because one die will net you rockets on average much later, possibly not even before the game ends.

• Well I’ve started Germany with a 20 spent on heavy bomber and 15 in rockets.  Got lucky and picked up both of them.  Ended up winning with it as well.  Way to lucky to count on it, but it keeps things interesting.

• you can’t research two techs in one round

• Look in the OM you can.  It only says that you have to choose both techs and how much you are spending on each before you start to roll.  You could go for all 6 if you really wanted to.  What you can’t do (which you could in the old game) is spend money on tech then spend more money on tech.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think tech needs to be a one shot deal.  You shouldn’t be allowed to roll for the same tech twice in a game…you either find it that first attempt, or it’s lost to you forever!

I also think tech should be capturable.  If England has Heavy Bombers and Germany succeeds at Op Sea Lion, then they should have Heavy Bombers.

• 2007 AAR League

That would be cool except if someone is going to research something they should be strong enough that they wont be losing otherwise they are stupid in wasting IPC’s for tech rolls

• Huh, Jennifer, I like those ideas, I don’t really understand why the first one should be like that, but I like the second idea alot. Very representative of the war’s actual end with Germany’s rocket program. Perhaps a great addition to any kind of free for all house rules.

• No.

The FAQs neutered German rockets, greatly limiting the number of attacks you can makes, and limiting the economic damage.  Check the website.

It used to be that German rocket research was an excellent and successful strategy; you’d build five or six AA guns and cripple Moscow and London.  No longer.

As far as house rules, I recommend posting in the “House Rules” forum.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m