US war time economy if Japan attacks in J1 or J2

• My first Global game tomorrow and I’m drowning in rules :)

Am I reading it right that the US will get its territory IPC plus 30 IPC for being attacked unprovocked + the 20 IPC it gets for its national objectives at their turn after Japan attacks?

• Hi sunefaber. The 30 for being attacked, is only if playing Pacific (stand alone), not Global. This 30 bonus was because the developers realised that Japan could sneak on the U.S. and take SF. The only at war NOs for the U.S. in Global are the 20 for holding the relevant territories.
    Enjoy your game. And watch Japan: it can become a monster!

• The US can also collect $5 bonuses for controlling Philippines and/or 1 land unit in France.

• Customizer

The US NOs for Global 40 go like this:
    $10 for US control of Eastern US, Central US and Western US
    $  5 for US control of Mexico, SE Mexico, Central America and the West Indies
    $  5 for US control of Alaska, Aleutian Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Johnston Island and Line Island
    $  5 for US control of the Philippines
    $  5 for 1 US land unit in France

So, all added up the US could make $30 in NO money. However, if the US can collect on the last one, it’s pretty much game over for the Axis in Europe. Also, if the US can collect on the Philippines for more than one or two rounds, that usually means Japan is on the way down.

• I am enlightened! Thanks!

• Okay you guys might think I’m crazy but I wonder how much would change if the US could get that extra IPCs from West. USA? In all of our games, the axis are gaining more income individually then the US. Maybe it would balance the game out. Thoughts?

• I am not sure what you mean Dessertfox (at least which game you mean). I do believe the US should have another 5 or 10 a turn in Global and in 1942 as well.

• Do you know how  Western USA turns from a territory of 10 ipcs to a territory of 50 ipcs in war in Pacific? What if that happened in global as well?

• I see. Well, I think 40 extra is too much, but don’t think an extra 10 to the U.S. as a whole, would be unreasonable. I just want to see a richer U.S.

• @wittmann:

I see. Well, I think 40 extra is too much, but don’t think an extra 10 to the U.S. as a whole, would be unreasonable. I just want to see a richer U.S.

100% agree!

• Sponsor

We experimented with a house rule that gave the US the War Bonds breakthrough for free once they entered the war, it was no big deal to give that to them, and it was fun to see how each roll for more money turned out for the American player.

• @Young:

We experimented with a house rule that gave the US the War Bonds breakthrough for free once they entered the war, it was no big deal to give that to them, and it was fun to see how each roll for more money turned out for the American player.

Sounds fun. I think it would be interesting to give each of the major powers a free tech at the end of turn 3. What would you choose for each power as your tech?

• Customizer

@theROCmonster:

@Young:

Sounds fun. I think it would be interesting to give each of the major powers a free tech at the end of turn 3. What would you choose for each power as your tech?

Germany = Jet Fighters
    USSR = Advanced Artillery
    Japan = Super Subs
    USA = War Bonds or Increased Factory Production
    China = none
    UK = Radar
    Italy = Improved Shipyards
    ANZAC = Long Range Aircraft
    France = Heck, why not give them Heavy Bombers. They won’t be able to use them anyway.

• '14

@knp7765:

@theROCmonster:

@Young:

Germany = Jet Fighters
    Japan = Super Subs
    China = none
    UK = Radar
    France = Heck, why not give them Heavy Bombers. They won’t be able to use them anyway.

you are forgetting that they get 12 ipcs worth of any unit(s) they want when liberated. could prove to be useful late in the war as another strategic bomber when germany’s fighters are far east fighting russia and they have no fighters to intercept.

• @knp7765:

@theROCmonster:

@Young:

Germany = Jet Fighters
    Japan = Super Subs
    China = none
    UK = Radar

Looks good!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m