AARHE: Phase 2: Naval Combat

• Thanks tekkyy!… this new guy is a good fortune for us because hes looking outside the box and providing feedback from another point of view. Lets take good care of him. Note my answers may not always be perfectly correct to his questions.

• Bierwagen is among the most constructive users.

• karma to him

We shall be able to resolve a few grey areas with him and add him to the contributors list.

• yes right.

• Sweet!

Thanks for the Karma – it’s been a hell week, so I haven’t had much time to sit in front of the computer.

Really appreciate all the feedback on my questions.  Our monthly gaming session is slated for Saturday and so far only 4/10 of us are on board to try AARHE Lite.  The others are still trying to master regular AAR and are hesitant.  Lite just seems to liven the whole game up by involving everyone constantly and I was hoping to convert/subvert them before they got AAR ingrained on their brains.

I also stumbled on “The War Game” this week and had to immediately order a set for myself and another for the break room at work.  The pieces alone are phenomenal!

I was wondering if you tried any of the AARHE concepts with that game as well.  It doesn’t seem like anything in AARHE throws the games out of balance, rather it is more of a different approach to combat processes.

Anyway, keep you posted as it develops.

Thanks again for the insights and the fun.  AARHE has been all the rage at work trying to convince everyone to give it a go.

Enjoy the day!

• Bierwagen

• I worked on the map for The War Game but it was minor. I know jeff personally for many years and have played it yada, yada, yada.

You can use the pieces for AARHE. I do.

• yeah should get them to know AAR trying LITE

depending on the crowd, some would be quick to see the shortcoming quick of LHTR/OOB
    such as the long waits between turns, could be 45 minutes
    and bits and pieces of outright unrealistic rules

though some would be reluntant even to use LHTR
    if thats the case give anyone of this forum a yell
    they’ll quickly give you an idea of how serious the mistakes/typos of OOB are

• no we don’t need LHTR, because they uses different victory conditions and has different takes because its tailored for Tournament games. Our rules superseed LHTR EXCEPT for issues that we don’t clarify, that document overrides.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m