• '14 Customizer

That’s really cool. I noticed he put white labels of the Carriers on the bottom just as like mine.  Very nice!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Yes, DTROY is a nice guy and makes great videos, like you. :-)

• Sponsor

Thanks John, I wonder if he’s an A&A.org member… he has over 20 videos of his collection.

• I watched his tutorials and he has some mad skills.Learned a lot from his videos :)

• Customizer

Like a lot of his stuff, some I don’t like ( He’s a better painter than me I just don’t care for some of his paint schemes). As a collector I had a hard time with some inaccurate information on which pieces come from where. He references a few OOB pieces as being HBG.

That said he has some fantastic paint jobs on most of his pieces.

He is also a multifaceted war-gamer that goes beyond Axis & Allies. While I don’t care for metal miniatures he did a great job on them and I really applaud his efforts.

Last I think he did post his Youtube link on this site.

@Young:

Thanks John, I wonder if he’s an A&A.org member… he has over 20 videos of his collection.

He is a member YG, but only has one post. :-)

• '14 Customizer

These tanks in this video are very nice.  Nice choice of colors and dry brushing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iank-Pq5Yk

• Thank you guys for the positive comments and thanks Young Grasshopper for inviting me back to the site. I have not been that active but I do frequent the site quite often. I do so in order to get ideas from the  many of you who do great work and who have inspired me to try and be as good. I first painted my first set of miniatures about 5 years ago but quickly stopped when I realized how painfully slow and labor intensive it was to paint. Then about a year and a half ago I picked up the brush again and have not stopped since. I am basically self taught , however I have picked up tips here and their from you tube videos and on this site as well. Some I just learnt on my own. I have to admit that some of my miniatures are not that good but some others are ok.  As I painted I realized that very few people had made any you tube videos involving axis and allies miniatures that’s when I decided to start making and posting videos on you tube. I figured it would be a fun thing to do and that maybe a few people would be interested in watching them. Anyway, probably wrote more than I should I sometimes tend to that, lol.

@DTROY:

Thank you guys for the positive comments and thanks Young Grasshopper for inviting me back to the site. I have not been that active but I do frequent the site quite often. I do so in order to get ideas from the  many of you who do great work and who have inspired me to try and be as good. I first painted my first set of miniatures about 5 years ago but quickly stopped when I realized how painfully slow and labor intensive it was to paint. Then about a year and a half ago I picked up the brush again and have not stopped since. I am basically self taught , however I have picked up tips here and their from you tube videos and on this site as well. Some I just learnt on my own. I have to admit that some of my miniatures are not that good but some others are ok.  As I painted I realized that very few people had made any you tube videos involving axis and allies miniatures that’s when I decided to start making and posting videos on you tube. I figured it would be a fun thing to do and that maybe a few people would be interested in watching them. Anyway, probably wrote more than I should I sometimes tend to that, lol.

Great to hear from you DTROY. Always loved your videos.

I finally decided to get into painting, because all of you guys were always encouraging me that it wasn’t that bad, it just takes practice. well now I’m finally doing it.

Right now, the decals are kicking my butt, LOL, but hopefully soon, I will have something to show everyone.

Thanks for your help! :-D

John

• Sponsor

Welcome back DTROY, even if you never left  :wink:

Never be intimidated to post in the threads and never apologize for rambling on… that’s what these forums are for. I personally want more members to share and communicate their ideas through YouTube, so having you here more often should help encourage others to create their own videos showing off their customizations.

• Dtroy i get the feeling that in the future you will be awarded our customizer badge. Just a matter of time really.

• Customizer

@DTROY:

Thank you guys for the positive comments and thanks Young Grasshopper for inviting me back to the site. I have not been that active but I do frequent the site quite often. I do so in order to get ideas from the  many of you who do great work and who have inspired me to try and be as good. I first painted my first set of miniatures about 5 years ago but quickly stopped when I realized how painfully slow and labor intensive it was to paint. Then about a year and a half ago I picked up the brush again and have not stopped since. I am basically self taught , however I have picked up tips here and their from you tube videos and on this site as well. Some I just learnt on my own. I have to admit that some of my miniatures are not that good but some others are ok.  As I painted I realized that very few people had made any you tube videos involving axis and allies miniatures that’s when I decided to start making and posting videos on you tube. I figured it would be a fun thing to do and that maybe a few people would be interested in watching them. Anyway, probably wrote more than I should I sometimes tend to that, lol.

I watched your videos a few times. Especially the ones on your UK vessels.  I really love those! There aren’t that many Axis & Allies painters on YouTube. So it’s really cool to see guys like you and others putting these videos out.

• Imperious Leader thanks for your kind words I am very much obliged. Just one thing I would like to post a few pictures and link my u tube videos to the forum. I have been unable to do so. Grasshopper said that it’s because I don’t have enough posts yet so the system won’t allow me. How do I go about doing so?

• IF i am correct you need 10 posts to be able to post pictures.i think i saw it somewhere on the forums
    And IF i am not mistaken this should be mu 10th post :)

• Thanks for the insight Wiz, I want to post pictures and link my you tube videos. As soon as I can do so I will. Also, do you know if it makes a difference if I do it only using my cell phone? I am currently having technical issues with my computer so I have no choice but to use my Samsung Note 3 cell phone.

@DTROY:

Thanks for the insight Wiz, I want to post pictures and link my you tube videos. As soon as I can do so I will. Also, do you know if it makes a difference if I do it only using my cell phone? I am currently having technical issues with my computer so I have no choice but to use my Samsung Note 3 cell phone.

Wiz is right, most forums use a posting history of 10 to 20 posts, and then moderators open up everything for you. :-)

• John Brown I am glad you have started painting your own miniatures. You are doing a fantastic job and I do look forward to seeing more of your work. Like most of the people on this forum I genuinely enjoy seeing the different types of painted miniatures and customizations. I also like to learn by incorporating what advise others have to offer. It most definitely is allot of fun……

@DTROY:

John Brown I am glad you have started painting your own miniatures. You are doing a fantastic job and I do look forward to seeing more of your work. Like most of the people on this forum I genuinely enjoy seeing the different types of painted miniatures and customizations. I also like to learn by incorporating what advise others have to offer. It most definitely is allot of fun……

Thanks DTROY! It is certainly great to see you on the forums. A lot of people have been inspired to paint their miniatures by watching your videos, including myself.

I learn a little from everyone that shares their techniques.

Thanks again! :-D

John

• @DTROY:

Thanks for the insight Wiz, I want to post pictures and link my you tube videos. As soon as I can do so I will. Also, do you know if it makes a difference if I do it only using my cell phone? I am currently having technical issues with my computer so I have no choice but to use my Samsung Note 3 cell phone.

I think that you ll be good with just your phone i bet you ll get better pictures than some people on the internet wich by the looks of their pictures use 1 pixle potato to take them.
    I intend to take pictures with my tablet nexus10.hopefully i ll be able to upload some this week :)

• Thanks for the insight Wiz…I was not sure if using my cell phone would be the best way. As soon as I get enough posts I will start up loading pictures.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m