Stormtroopers v.s. Clonetroopers

• Well we wiped the 5th fleet at the battle of Molecay and from that point the humans were on the retreat… only the Pegasus escaped to meet its doom latter against Baltars task force. I could put Baltar in charge of of 3 more baseships and w/o Cains interference I would have destroyed the fleet and extended my dominion throughout the star systems…With Gamoray as my southern capital anything was possible.

• Is battlestar galactica that worth watching? I saw a couple of episodes and I was like wtf is going on! There are tons of Sharons and she’s having some existential experience about her cylon-nesss and this Starbuck girl is always getting into trouble and the President is always giving this airy advice in this low and husky voice and the doctor is hallucinating about a cylon O_o

• I only recognize the original show which ran in  1978-79. Anything else is bastardized by women for women in the name of soap operas.

@Imperious:

I only recognize the original show which ran in  1978-79. Anything else is bastardized by women for women in the name of soap operas.

QFT.
    Starbuck is and always will be a man.

Ugh, to the new show.  I watched about 15 minutes of the first episode of the new one and couldn’t stomach the changes.  What a waste of a great idea for an updated version.

• Ok GOOD cuz I think the new battlestar galactica sucks. It’s like drama trying to be dramatic. I’ll have to check out the old version some time since you guys seem to like it a lot and I’m a sci-fi kind of guy too 8)

• I’m disagreeing all over this. 
    Although i can’t believe that this stupid thread is still alive, i do have to say that i really enjoy BG.  The concept is interesting, no “little green men”, and the subplots are fun.  Admittedly that thing with the doctor and his hallucinations, as well as his repeatedly stupid actions which all but doom the struggling fleet gets irritating, the rest of it is kind of fun.

• You know, I watched the original and am an avid fan of the new one.

The new Battlestar is NOT pure sci-fi.  It is indeed a drama… and an EXCELLENT one at that.

If you watch all of it (start with the mini-series, then through the 3 previous seasons), the story lines are not confusing and all of those “Sharons” make total sense and it is easy to keep track of which Sharon is which :-)

As for characters…
    Sharan aka Boomer HAS to be female in this series… she can;t be a black man like Boomer from the 70’s
    “Starbuck” is a hell of a character.  FAR more developed and well rounded than the original gambling/womanizing dude with feathered hair from the 70’s

And even the actor who played the original Apollo is a HELL of a lot better in his current role than he ever was as Apollo.

If you are fan of good drama and of Sci-Fi, the new battlestar may just be the best show on Television.

Oh, and it just won a Peabody Award too for many of the subjects and themes.

• I’m a stargate-sg1 fan myself T_T

Maybe I should give this Galactica thing a chance, although it’s going to be hard starting from the beginning and all.

• you people even watched any of the original series?

Things that were in old show and not in new show:

1. cylons in robot form consistently… not in stupid bimbo cylons looking like humans just to save the budget!
    2. robot voice ( vocoder)… the voice that launched a thousand techo bands…
    3. no space battles
    4. no real actors… cheap again
    5. no new worlds to see and explore
    6. no great music

That show was the best because it was keen on creating a large production with lots of interstealer warfare. It actually had major battles with the Cylons and they actually showed them whereas the women who created the new show dont even show “robots”

• i think i’m agreeing with nc again.  Also IL - you just posted a bunch of reasons why the new show kicks.

Trihero - get a hold of the first series, and watch it through.  It will help you with later episodes.

• All i got to say is watch “living legend”, “gun on ice planet zero”, “fire in space”, and the last episode “hand of god” they are some of the best episodes of any show ever!

BTW the Cylon voice kicks arse! but again the new show dont have any of this!

If you like bimbos on TV with scantly clad clothing … then you should watch good moring LA or the news.

• IL, you apparently are not a fan of the new show…

Otherwise you would know that there ARE robotic Cyclons… and they no longer look like a man wearing a chrome plated toaster suit.

The Raiders are now living entities, instead of piloted by other robots (which, if you think about it IS rather silly… a machine flying a machine… just have the machine fly itself).

Lorne Greene was rather bland as Commander Adama.  But Edward James Almos has been fantastic, even as Admiral Adama :-)

Scantilly clad bimbos?  You mean like Starbuck’s girlfriends from the 70’s show?  Or are you having Star Trek flash backs?

I think what I most enjoy though about the new one is the writing and the sub-plots.  They have dealt with terrorism, abortion, religion, political scandal, etc. etc.  All of this with the less than 50,000 humans that survived the initial attacks.

Watch it from the beginning… and watch them in order.  I guarantee you will be hooked (unless WWE Raw is the epitomy of “quality television” for you :-) )

• IL, you apparently are not a fan of the new show…

Otherwise you would know that there ARE robotic Cyclons… and they no longer look like a man wearing a chrome plated toaster suit.

=========The chrome was da bomb! Those guys had charm with those pretty suits. Robots with deep electronic voices was the best idea for the bad guys that was ever concieved.

The Raiders are now living entities, instead of piloted by other robots (which, if you think about it IS rather silly… a machine flying a machine… just have the machine fly itself).

+++++++Another cheap gimic to save money

Lorne Greene was rather bland as Commander Adama.  But Edward James Almos has been fantastic, even as Admiral Adama smiley

OMG! lorne Greene was an awesome actor… It was like the ponderosa in space. I dont want some mexican commander… good greif!

Scantilly clad bimbos?  You mean like Starbuck’s girlfriends from the 70’s show?  Or are you having Star Trek flash backs?

++++++++++++At least they wore a uniform. The idea of Robots wearing thongs is horrible!! at least Starbuck got Athena ( the true babe on the show) Cassiopea was ok and she wasnt naked… your point?

I think what I most enjoy though about the new one is the writing and the sub-plots.  They have dealt with terrorism, abortion, religion, political scandal, etc. etc.  All of this with the less than 50,000 humans that survived the initial attacks.

+++++++++++++ great they dont deal with fighting the Cylons… instead its abortion sci fi show? Whats wrong with the Galactic going under attack by baseships and thousands of fighters in dogfights? I dont waste my time with what that Bitch Starbuck ate for breakfast! i want War!!!

Watch it from the beginning… and watch them in order.  I guarantee you will be hooked (unless WWE Raw is the epitomy of “quality television” for you smiley )

++++++++ I saw the first 3 hour pilot and it was terrible… Nothing beats john colicos in his blus suit seething over Adamas ability to slip thru the noose of another Cylon attack!  Watch every episode from 1978-79 and get back to me.

BTW the new baseship is totally unimspired design . its ugly the fighters are ugly too.

Even Galactica 1980 is better than the new show. Now thats an insult if i ever posted one.

• We shall have to agree to disagree…

At least there are no mechanical dogs in this one :-P  The mechanical Dagut running off, and that little boy following it and it leading to trouble was a WAY overplayed plot line.  What was it, a third of the episodes that happened?  :-P

• No not 1/3… its was in say only 1/2 of the episodes… woops! nm :roll:

How many episodes does the blond cylon bimbo have sex with Baltar?

• The pilot miniseries, and then a “duplicate” in the 3rd season.  So… just 2.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m