• Well, get a load of this game

Germany attacks London and the Russian’s forward stack in East Poland at the same time (out of necessity)
    Germany gets good dice and wins both battles, and Axis player resigns in round 4

• @Gamerman01:

Well, get a load of this game

Germany attacks London and the Russian’s forward stack in East Poland at the same time (out of necessity)
    Germany gets good dice and wins both battles, and Axis player resigns in round 4

NSW was in axis favor but barely, only 60%.

• IIRC about 8 battles all had to go the Axis way to win that game, and he got through about 6 of those hoops

To just look at NSW and say 60% is to really oversimplify the situation

• Wait, let me get this straight (I cannot read AAA-files)…

Germany WON both battles and still gave up (Axis resigned)?
    And out of curiousity: why was it a necessity to attack Russia? Eastern Europe otherwise completely undefendable?

• @ItIsILeClerc:

Wait, let me get this straight (I cannot read AAA-files)…

Germany WON both battles and still gave up (Axis resigned)?
    And out of curiousity: why was it a necessity to attack Russia? Eastern Europe otherwise completely undefendable?

Yes, you have it straight, Germany won both battles, but with only a tank remaining on London
    Eastern Europe was going to be a problem either way.  Too bad you can’t look at the file.  Maybe you should download Triple A?

• yeah I haven’t used AAA yet. I really prefer the board on the table with the plastic pieces and all. For filereading it might actually come in handy…

• Been trying to install TripleA but… nvm…

The installer automatically diappears/is removed from my desktop immediately after the download is completed without any form of inteaction. Repeatedly. Possibly a ‘feature’ of my security program but I don’t want to download anything with it turned off, so I guess too bad for AAA…

• Turn off the security program and download it again.  It’s safe.

Or download it from a different computer and transfer the file to your precious one  :wink:

• @Gamerman01:

IIRC about 8 battles all had to go the Axis way to win that game, and he got through about 6 of those hoops

To just look at NSW and say 60% is to really oversimplify the situation

I can understand that it was probably your only real chance at winning.  If things were too rough everywhere else, then I would of gone for it too.

• I was the Allies, in the driver’s seat  :-)

• @Gamerman01:

Turn off the security program and download it again.  It’s safe.

Or download it from a different computer and transfer the file to your precious one  :wink:

Yeeeessssss, my precioussssss ;-).

• '14 Customizer

Very interesting game.  I love the way you attacked Russia at the same time, lol

Although I don’t think I would try a sealion after watching Italy’s turn 1.  They got no hits in the first round of combat. Lost their entire air force and navy except 1 TR which was unguarded.  That would require more airpower from Germany to support Italy and there is no Italian bomber left to bomb Britain’s airbase. But I still think at this point you could pull it off just very risky based on Italy.

The major problem was when you had Japan declare war on the allies on turn 2.  I think keeping USA out of the game would have help you tremendously.

• Again, it wasn’t me.  I was the Allies.  :-)

• The Axis player was Wheatbeer, one of the most active league players.  He usually takes the Axis, and favors Sealion attacks.  He usually wins with the Axis.  He is currently ranked #1 in the 2014 league, and played in the 2013 league playoffs.

Indeed, he was 30-12 as Axis last year and is 12-3 with them this year.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m