• Official Q&A

@Imperious:

Sorry but this looks like a cut, copy, and paste deal.

Nope, it’s all me.  Bonanza was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

@Gamerman01:

I don’t know about that, Krieghund always talks like an encyclopedia

Thanks (I think).

• I am more impressed that it looks like the board was set up correctly.  It is hard to see, but it does look like right.

• @Whackamatt:

In regards to the Big Bang Theory, I disagree with you all.  It’s a comedy show.  LOL.

I believe they DID know how the game plays.  Everyone here is being “too serious” about the game.  i.e., you’re all too close to the subject matter to find any humor in it.
    Asking “Individuals or teams?” is in-line with Leonard’s character, is it not?  Perhaps it would be a way of proving his intellectual superiority over the others or some such.  It is CLEARLY a team game, so when he suggests individuals…it’s a joke.  It isn’t in Leonard’s character to do too many team activities anyway.

Also, did not the Classic version have production stipulations where you could still declare an individual winner?  Thus the US player could “win” over the UK player; even though they were both on the same side they could compete.

I’m going to go find the episode now.  I believe had I seen it first-hand, I would have laughed at the joke instead assuming the cast/crew didn’t know anything about the game.  They knew enough to include it and write a few jokes about it, which is all that really matters.

The original game did have that, and it was stupid right out of the gate.  I played the game first when I was a child in 1984.  Even though the rule book had a chart on who was the “winner” based off of IPC no one took it seriously.  The game is a team effort, either the Axis or the Allies win/lose.  If the ‘winner’ was based solely off of IPCs than you better hope you don’t get the USSR.  In most games they are treated like the red headed stepchild by both Germany and Japan.  They do most of the heavy lifting, but they are not going to be winning in single player terms.

• Alright, I have my original 2nd edition rules right here, and can get the facts straight for everybody.

Page 22, Collect income section

“Although Axis & Allies is a team game, an individual winner can be declared by determining which player has increased his or her National Production Level the most from the starting totals.  Use the charts, below, to determine the winner.”

“The numbers in the columns represent a player’s ending National Production Level.  A number’s corresponding % represents the increase from the starting income.  Whoever has the greatest percentage is the individual winner.  Each player refers to his or her country’s chart, below, to compute the percentages.”

“For example, if the Allies won the war, determine the individual Allied winner as follows.  U.S.S.R. started at 24 I.P.C.'s and ends with 29 IPCS, an increase of 20.8%; United Kingdom started at 30 IPCs and ends with 45 IPCs, an increase of 50%; the United States started at 36 IPCs and ends with 45 IPCs, an increase of 25%.  The United Kingdom is the individual winner!”

:lol:

So actually the USA is probably as disadvantaged as anyone because of highest starting IPC level.
    My other thought - what in the world were the charts needed for?  My goodness, if you can’t compute percentage change…. (6th or 7th grade math)

• @Zooey72:

I am more impressed that it looks like the board was set up correctly.  It is hard to see, but it does look like right.

Yes, this was a good thing

• '15 '14

My preferred set up would be:

Sheldon: Germany
    Bernadette: Japan
    Leonard: Russia
    Howard: US
    Raj: UK
    Amy: Italy
    Stuart: China

So we have

• Sheldon dominating Amy and humiliating Leonard
    • Marital dispute in the Pacific
    • Howard provoking Sheldon in the Atlantic
    • Stuart just gets annihilated by Bernadette early playing a meaningless role during the rest of the game

:D

• '15 '14

Oh, forgot Penny. Here is a better version then:D

Sheldon: Germany
    Leonard: Russia
    Bernadette: Japan
    Howard: US
    Raj: China+UK
    Amy: Italy
    Penny: Anzac
    Stuart: France  :evil:

• Oh, well you’ve got them playing G40!

Love your posts, but

no way that Penny plays this game

Great picks -
    Bernadette is like one of my older sisters.  She turns into a take-no-prisoners beast when playing any competitive game.  Japan is good for her, especially because she shouldn’t have to deal with team-mates

Sheldon will own Leonard AND Raj
    Amy will love playing as Sheldon’s close ally and playing against Leonard and Raj

I can also imagine Stuart’s defeated and helpless look as Sheldon annihilates France on the first turn, Amy takes out Z93 and South France before F1, and Stuart dithers about what to do with his remaining stragglers, with no hope of Paris ever being liberated because, well, Shamy vs. Howard/Raj/Leonard

• BTW with those picks, Axis will win EVERY SINGLE TIME and it won’t even be close  :-D

• Too bad it was only 10 seconds

• Awesome for the game to make an appearance.  I don’t watch the show though, I tried a couple times and didn’t find it funny at all.  Seinfeld on the other hand I can watch over and over.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Yes, old thread but new posting:

While watching NCIS season 8 episode 16 last night, I noticed a comment that the guy “preferred the Axis” according to fingerprint analysis. I froze screen and determined that in fact they were discussing an Axis & Allies game. It took a moment to see the game as it was upside down and barely open, but this is another cameo for A&A.

They didn’t say nice things about the guy who “preferred the Axis” FYI…

Marsh

P.S. That must’ve been a heck of a fingerprint analysis!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m