So the theory of gravity is bunk?

• '19 Moderator

If my uncle had boobs he’d be my aunt  :evil:

• @dezrtfish:

If my uncle had boobs he’d be my aunt  :evil:

So, he has all the other parts necessary?

And if he gets old enough…boobs may just be in his destiny…

• '19 Moderator

LOL, ok if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle!

• Science is completely useless and meaningless.

Take this for example.

Dave conducts and experiment and gets the following results:  1,3,5,7

Dave now constructs a law off that.  It happens to be X+2.  You keep adding 2 to get the next number.

However Susan saids no, that is wrong.  It goes by prime numbers.  Hence the next number is 11 not 9 as Dave proposes.

Finally a thrid person saids, no both of those people are wrong.  I can graph this thing and claim that the real results are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 hence the next number is 8.  Dave did not find enough information to justify his results.

Yet a fourth person saids, well I have another theory.  How about 1,3,5,7 then 10,13,16,19.  For the first 4 numbers you add 2.  For the second 4 numbers you add 3 and so on and so further.

Notice how each of these theories all explains the same data and can all be right.  Sure you can do more tests and find more points.  But no matter how much info you find, there will be an infinite number of possible theories to explain and account for those points.

• String Theory
    M Theory
    Quantum Foam
    Unified Field

Lets have FUN with this discussion!

• @ncscswitch:

String Theory
    M Theory
    Quantum Foam
    Unified Field

I unfourtantunly can tell you what 3 of those 4 things are.  what is Unified field. does that ave to do with unify all the forces into a single force? like electromagnetic, strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force and Gravity all being traced back to its original force?

• Unified Field Theory goes back to Einstein, so it has been around a while.

A single theory that covers all energy types known and how they interact.

No working Unified Field Theory has yet been worked out (string, M, etc. all were results of trying to solve the Unified Field theory).  And Balung may get a kick out of this with how this thread started… GRAVITY is the force that seems to be the ongoing problem child in working out a Unified Field Theory!

And that is the extent of what I am able to drag out of my brain on Unified Field theory  :roll:

• @ncscswitch:

Unified Field Theory goes back to Einstein, so it has been around a while.

A single theory that covers all energy types known and how they interact.

yeah thats what i thought. I just didn’t know the name of it. I think Maxwell worked on it before Einstein. unifying electricity and magnetism.

• @ncscswitch:

String Theory
    M Theory
    Quantum Foam
    Unified Field

String Theory - Currently losing out.  Even though it would make sense the simpliest thing would be a one dimensional thing.  The theory itself still have too much to try and prove.

M Theory never heard of this.

The other two never heard of.

• M Theory = String Theory squared :-)

Unified Field, was advanced by Einstein (though he did not create it) and has not been proven.

Quantum Foam… Outside my ability to explain in laymans terms from memory… let me find a link for you…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_foam

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m