• I see. Try it out first to see if you like it.
    That makes sense; they are not cheap.

• Question about scramble:

A quick reaction team of no more than 3 defending fighters and/or tactical bombers (strategic bombers can’t scramble)
    located on each island or coastal territory that has an operative air base can be scrambled to defend against attacks in the
    sea zones adjacent to those territories. These air units can be scrambled to help friendly units in adjacent sea zones that have
    come under attack. They can also be scrambled to resist amphibious assaults from adjacent sea zones, whether or not the
    territory being assaulted is the territory containing the air base. They may defend against the enemy ships conducting the
    amphibious assault even if friendly ships are not present.

If i’m not mistaken it means if amphibious attack is started i can scramble even if there isn’t any airbase? (only at least 1 plane?). And if i wanna do scramble in normal defense i need airbase?

• Page 14 in the Pac. book 1st Edit. 2010
    Located on Islands that have an operative airbases can be scrambled (Fighters & Tact.'s)
    They can defend on the ground, regular defense.
    Or they can scramble, to stop the boats
    No Airbase is needed for regular defense, one is needed for scrambling
    The out of box set up has changed a little from the 2010 game compared to the 2012 game.
    Go to the Global section to check out the set up charts
    I own both the 2010 & the 2012 Global sets
    I look at it like that I spend the money for the games and I have hours of fun week after week, for the price I paid compared to the number of games played the cost is less than a dollar per game and it goes down every time I play

• Hey again!
    One question after today’s game:)
    Can my fleet (in state of war) pass through SZ with an occupied island (some infantry) withou stopping? I know when your unit enter on hostile terriotry must stop but island is spearate territory than SZ?

• Afternoon Suprtramp.
    Yes it can. Only Navy blocks naval movement(or a Strait of course!).
    An island is a separate territory, yes.

• Can i use planes from AC to attack adjacent SZ and return planes to AC after attack? AC doesn’t move ofc.

• Yes. Any Fighter can move 4 in its turn, or 5 from an AB.
    It could do as you say or fly further, as long as you have sufficient movement left  to either return or land elsewhere, without ecceeding its remaining movement allowance. It does not have to return to the Carrier or Territory from where it came.
    It must not fly somewhere if it cannot have a legitimate landing available in the non combat phase: no suicide missions or crashing into the sea for want of fuel!
    In your example, if you have enough movement points left(would be 2 if the Carrier is adjacent to the Island)  the Carrier could move 2 SZs away and the Ft follow it.

• '12

@wittmann:

Afternoon Suprtramp.
    Yes it can. Only Navy blocks naval movement(or a Strait of course!).
    An island is a separate territory, yes.

With the exception of Subs and Transports, which cannot block enemy movement by themselves.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m