• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Is it just me, or is it really depressing to watch a neat cut scene only to enter the game and look horrible in comparison?

for example, cut scenes in World of Warcraft vs. actual game play graphics.

I want what I see!  Don’t tease me!  Use your game graphics in the cut scenes, sheesh!

• Well, it is getting better nowadays, but many of those cutscenes were rendered in essentially supercomputers, made into .avi or .mpeg or whatever for our viewing pleasure-  don’t like the blizzard cutscenes?

@BJCard:

Well, it is getting better nowadays, but many of those cutscenes were rendered in essentially supercomputers, made into .avi or .mpeg or whatever for our viewing pleasure-�  don’t like the blizzard cutscenes?

It was just an example. Â

I love seeing the cut scenes, always have. I just feel ripped off when they don’t replicate into the game.

Sure, super computers, but c’mon, you mean to say we can have entire movies made out of these graphics now, people can make their own cut scenes of equivalent level to the professional ones from their home computers, but we can’t have decent graphics?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg8WuiU7TvI

Wish that cutscene was the game… damn.

Would be so epic…

Yea.  But I’m more of a fantasy girl.  Even came up with a version of classic Axis and Allies called Faeries and Imps (but nothing else changed, you just paid with Federal Faerie Certificates for your things, small changes like that to fit the genre.)

Lineage II has some neat cut scenes too.

• Customizer

TV commercials show almost 100% cut scenes and no “actual game footage”. This really should be legislated against; its a gross misrepresentation of the product they’re trying to sell you.

I don’t mind the advertising, of course they take the best parts.  hell, sometimes ads for movies take the ONLY good parts, lol.

I just want to know why we can’t have KICK @SS Graphics in MMOs yet!  I had something like daggerfall or something cant remember the name, but it had really good graphics, it was just a single person thing and that sucked the life out of it…

• Customizer

Cut scenes are not the best parts; they’re an annoying interruption that just makes me hammer on the buttons trying to get back to the game. A major reason I practically gave up on video games some years ago.

They are the best graphics, I am calling for all the graphics to be made equally good. =^_^=

• Battlefield 4 graphics

• '12

Break out an atari 2600 emulator or better yet, a real 2600 console in a museum and play air-sea battle or ‘Tank’ which I think is the original game that came with the unit or did mine in 1979.  Do I really sound like one of those old guys “Well girls and boys, way back in ……” Yeah, don’t answer that one.  Anyways, I chuckle when people complain about graphics mind you I am stuck in the 90s and my super nintendo and John Madden football…version I if I am correct.

Complaining that the cutscene graphics are so much better than the game graphics.

• I’m Malachi…graphics aren’t my focus on games.  They just need to be fun.  I play Minecraft because it’s awesome, the pixelation just adds to its character.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WARNING NO FILTER@Jermofoot:

I’m Malachi…graphics aren’t my focus on games.  They just need to be fun.  I play Minecraft because it’s awesome, the pixelation just adds to its character.

Do you use the same line to describe your woman? ;)

Pigxelation adds to the character?  :lol:

For the record, I have seen many good animations of ingame graphics and I know they COULD be used well to advertise games without resorting to going with a much better high res scene that never exists in the game as a way to PLAY the game.

• Customizer

Yes, advertising with advanced cut-scene graphics will sell you many copies of game X, but ultimately game X will be such let-down to the customers that they won’t go near games Y and Z.

If you want high end graphics in-game than you’ll end up watching a terrible C movie in which you’re occasionally prompted to push the odd button to move things along. No thanks.

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/guest/mgs4.htm

I disagree.  How many HALOs are there now?  How many Final Fantasies?  They have high end graphics for cutscenes and, in my opinion, drivel graphics for the game itself.

It seems to be industry standard to blow half the budget on the graphics for the scenes and leave the rest to be barely passable to say it is better than 20 years ago.

• @Cmdr:

I disagree.  How many HALOs are there now?  How many Final Fantasies?  They have high end graphics for cutscenes and, in my opinion, drivel graphics for the game itself.

It seems to be industry standard to blow half the budget on the graphics for the scenes and leave the rest to be barely passable to say it is better than 20 years ago.

Really you need to be gaming on a PC if this is your concern. Drop a few K into a nice machine and the right games and we won’t see you again for a while.

@Gargantua:

WARNING NO FILTER@Jermofoot:

I’m Malachi…graphics aren’t my focus on games. � They just need to be fun. � I play Minecraft because it’s awesome, the pixelation just adds to its character.

Do you use the same line to describe your woman? ;)

Pigxelation adds to the character?  :lol:

If I’m pixelated then character matters less and less…  :evil:

• @Jermofoot:

I’m Malachi…graphics aren’t my focus on games.  They just need to be fun.  I play Minecraft because it’s awesome, the pixelation just adds to its character.

SSSSSSSSSSS boom

Jermo,

I only play on a PC these days.  I gave up back in 05 using gaming systems and went back to the real computer where you can link gpus and run octo-core cpus etc.  I just really wish I could USE the technology!

As for Halo, it was a reference to demonstrate a point.  Warcraft is just as bad, imho.  The technology is there (ahem, Avatar and the Final Fantasy Movie that came out ages ago?) but the companies seem reluctant to produce it.

I dunno, maybe I am the only one out there that would drop $124.99 on a game.  Oh wait, I’M NOT!  http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack and http://evonygame.com/?p=1201 and I am sure quite a few other games out there.  I highly doubt people would resist playing a game with movie level cinematic effects and characters even if it cost them $500/year with a $249.99 initial outlay, as long as it had the backend support of warcraft that is.  No end game is really a killer in these games, drives me nuts to play for 4 months and say “whelp, that’s it, all done.  Finished the game…”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m