• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

The best days were MSN game zone back in 1997-8, where 5 players can simultaneously play AA and that game had options to toggle on/off and the graphics and music were great. that’s the best format for this, where people can nightly play with anybody. The current ugly looking maps and pieces just don’t stand up. A game disk containing all the boardgames should be made available.

Play TripleA on the live servers.  No need to live your life 20 years in the past.

• Triple A is too ugly. I prefer quality.

• Sponsor

If I ever play on a screen, it will probably be on something like the Steam simulators that look like you’re playing on a table top.

• yea and everyone can talk with headphones, mute other team during turns and allow multiple players to control a turn function ( one guy builds, another moves, place, no wasted time)

And you can load up music from war tune library.

You can toggle on all options and all games , all scenarios OOB plus collection house rules

• '17 '16

@Young:

If I ever play on a screen, it will probably be on something like the Steam simulators that look like you’re playing on a table top.

You are blessed with people who will come to your bunker and play face to face… that is what A&A (all boardgames in-fact) is really all about… the human interaction in the same room over a beloved game. Something like TripleA is mostly for people who can’t afford the luxury of in-person gaming (either because of lack of physical opponents in the area, or lack of time)… While TripleA may be better than not playing at all, I don’t think it can compare with the satisfaction of playing other people face to face.

You are blessed Grasshopper that you have that great interaction in your life… I miss having face to face opponents… the warm glow of the computer monitor is bad for my complexion anyways. I’m still hoping my kids will graduate from games like Risk to A&A as they hit their teen years… maybe I can at least have that!

• '21 '20 '18 '17

That’s why we keep getting back to this idea of a community;  that includes local people, gaming friends across all demographics, my kids, the national audience (gencon, origins, regional cons), and the international audience (AAA and this site).

I really focus on that “build it and they will come” mantra.  If you build that base of interested people, games don’t just sit on a shelf or just get tapped for a while, then dropped.    If you are open to travel or talking to/hanging out with a stranger, or spending substantial time with someone radically different than yourself, there are more possibilities.

Even losing and getting diced is fun.  If I take pleasure in beating people less experienced than me, I should relish getting beaten by people who are better than I am.

• '18 '17 '16

Hop on a plane this winter and come up to the war room, Wolfie. We can play for hours on end and when we need a break we can go outside and you can experience what -40 degrees feels like. When was the last time you built a snowman?

• '17 '16

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Hop on a plane this winter and come up to the war room, Wolfie. We can play for hours on end and when we need a break we can go outside and you can experience what -40 degrees feels like. When was the last time you built a snowman?

Are you asking me if I want to build a snowman? Are you singing?

Well, I’m not sure I’m up for -40 degree weather, but if you’re up to coming to the Florida coast inbetween all our Hurricanes, the Wolf has some spacious maps with all those extra units too you know! Do you want to build a sandman?

PensacolaAll.jpg

• '18 '17 '16

Maybe someday I will make that trip.This winter doesn’t look good though as I already have plans to go to Toronto.
    Fun fact, there is no way you can build a snowman in -40 weather. When it gets that cold the snow is powdery and doesn’t stick together so there is no way you can form it into anything, much less a snowman. Now you can impress your neighbours with your vast knowledge of snow.

Tomorrow’s lesson, how to write your name in the snow with your peepee.

• There’s house rules if you want to add anything, no reason at this point to rerelease it for a 100th time is there?  :?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m