• @BJCard:

@TheVenocWarlord:

When was the last time you played on GTO Zh? They have fixed a lot of the issues with wrong causality selection and misdone rules.

Anyway, I’m going to stick with GTO for the meantime. I may look into TripleA at a later point, but my laptop does not like all the downloads. :p

(Maybe I need to look it to it…)

Depending on what game(s) you want to play, you just download triplea and then in triplea you click ‘download maps,’ put in the location (found on triplea forums) and download the map you want- its automatically installed after that.

Okay. Not too bad then. I think the biggest thing is having to tell your opponent all the steps you made on your turn.

• @Zhukov44:

@TheVenocWarlord:

When was the last time you played on GTO Zh? They have fixed a lot of the issues with wrong causality selection and misdone rules.

Feel free to go into details….it has been awhile since I played.  When I was playing, asynchronous PBE was still “weakest unit” or “cheapest unit” first on casualty selection.  They were still some spring42 bugs back then, but Krieghund was on the scene helping them out so I assume those have been fixed by now.

@TheVenocWarlord:

(Maybe I need to look it to it…)

You might be surprised how many GTO and former GTO players use it.  For example, the last time I was active on the lobby (like a month ago unfortunately) Hitman and Demandred were often seen in the Global multi games.  Other GTO users are there under different names, as you can play anonymously under whatever name/account you want.

Yeah, those are still the main options to choose causalities via PBE. They work fine for me. It’s what you will choose anyway. Most of the bugs have been worked out. (Only occasionally does one reappear for some odd reason. They are not sure themselves. But the bug(s) are not game changing, just nuances with the system itself.)

• '16 '15 '10

@TheVenocWarlord:

Okay. Not too bad then. I think the biggest thing is having to tell your opponent all the steps you made on your turn.

In the last year or so “play-by-forum” has taken off.  With this function, TripleA sends a printout of the combat moves as well as a turn summary to a forum page.  These “turn summaries” also work for play-by-email.  I don’t have an example of a Revised or AA50 game handy cause right now since everyone is playing global, but here is an example of a play-by-forum game using the Global ruleset.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29792.0

how-to guide

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/how-to-play-axis-allies-org-forum-games-with-triplea/

• @Zhukov44:

@TheVenocWarlord:

In the last year or so “play-by-forum” has taken off.  With this function, TripleA sends a printout of the combat moves as well as a turn summary to a forum page.  These “turn summaries” also work for play-by-email.  I don’t have an example of a Revised or AA50 game handy cause right now since everyone is playing global, but here is an example of a play-by-forum game using the Global ruleset.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29792.0

how-to guide

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/how-to-play-axis-allies-org-forum-games-with-triplea/

Ahhh. So it automatically posts that information for you. Nice. Hmm. I suppose I was wrong about TripleA in some regards. I will have to look into it.

Though I’m still going to play GTO as well. :p

• Come on in, Venoc.  The water’s warm.

• @Gamerman01:

Come on in, Venoc. The water’s warm.

:lol:

You have no idea that Venoc Warlord knows Slither, do you? He can move normally over water tiles. :lol:

• The first time switching to Tripple A from GTO is hard, but once you get used to it you’ll love it. The three best features are being able to save a game, being able to edit, and the amount of Axis and Allies variants there are to choose from. I played over a 1000 games of revised on GTO before I found tripple A. Since switching I have played maybe 5 games of Revised.

• So has GTO scratched this? Or just more waiting? If this is true then i cant wait!!

GTO looks better than tripleA, and is easier for new players to learn
    It also plays better/ more fluidly

but triplea is free and has wayy more maps, and is easily edited (and does not look half bad either)
    and is super easy (and again free!) to play by email/forum

you cant compare apples to oranges. I prefer an apple but i eat oranges too!

For more leisurely paced games (play by email/forum) tripleA is better
    But GTO takes the cake in realtime

I do beleive GTO can be play by email though aswell

• @Uncrustable:

So has GTO scratched this? Or just more waiting? If this is true then i cant wait!!

but triplea is free and has wayy more maps, and is easily edited (and does not look half bad either)

I do beleive GTO can be play by email though as well.

I use GTO to PBEM all the time. Much more convenient.

As to the AA50, I asked the GTO Admin Rob Eng and they have hit some major unexpected bugs in the system that is taking longer than they thought it would to clean up. They really hope to have it up soon but it will take a while.  :-(

So I will continue to play AA42.1 while I wait. ^_^

• @TheVenocWarlord:

@Uncrustable:

So has GTO scratched this? Or just more waiting? If this is true then i cant wait!!

I do beleive GTO can be play by email though as well.

I use GTO to PBEM all the time. Much more convenient.

As to the AA50, I asked the GTO Admin Rob Eng and they have hit some major unexpected bugs in the system that is taking longer than they thought it would to clean up. They really hope to have it up soon but it will take a while.  :-(

So I will continue to play AA42.1 while I wait. ^_^

probably the NOs and china rules.

well i cant wait either way

would be epic to get G40 and 1914 on GTO!

in the meantime they should atleast add 42.2 (not that much change from spring 42)
    i dont like tanks at 5, artillery are rarely purchased, 42.2 rules are much better imo

• As far as I can tell it’s difficult for them to get the rights to get the games. Only so many for extended periods of time. Thus I doubt G40 or 42.2 will be added for a while since they are still being sold OOB.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m