I am curious how Italians view the addition of Italy to AA50..

• I am curious how Italians view the addition of Italy to AA50…

Do you prefer to play Italy now? Alone or in combination with Germany?

Or do you just like to play some other country?

Had you previously played any other Axis & Allies game and lamented that Italy was not

represented?

As an Italian, how well do you feel that it is represented in the Game?

Any other comments reflecting on Italy in AA50?

• Hi. i´m not Italian but German. I really dont mind which Power i take, but most of the times we have a group of 3, so one takes Japan, the other Ger/Ita and the third the Allies fpr obvious reasons.

I think Italy plays i nice role in AA50, basically giving the German player the Chance to react to Britisch plans.

ps. I remember a Mussolini speech, where he was laughing at that “silly, copied, fake fascism”  north of the Alps. After a 5 hourr miltary parde in Berlin he never made such comments again :D

• I would have preferred to have a coupon for a big platter of spaghetti if Italy ever won the game.
    Other than that Italy should be at 12 IPC. AT 10 IPC and no NO’s Italy is kinda sad.

Italy should have some special rules to make them more viable.

• I’m part Sicilian and even though I’m peeved Sicily isn’t in the game ( Operation Husky anyone?) I prefer playing as Italy. Not because I’m Italian but because I hate the eastern front sooo much.
    :mrgreen:

• give Sicily 2 IPC and make it invadable.

• @Imperious:

give Sicily 2 IPC and make it invadable.

I agree 100%, but should you make it the island only, or should the tip of the boot be considered sicily too, like in real life and Pact of Steel?

• its connectible with land forces, but the requirement is the allies cant invade Italy, but must just land in Sicily to at least present the idea that the allies slowly move up the boot.

To be honest i made corsica and sardinia 1 ipc under italian control and Sicily 1 ipc

• @Imperious:

its connectible with land forces, but the requirement is the allies cant invade Italy, but must just land in Sicily to at least present the idea that the allies slowly move up the boot.

To be honest i made corsica and sardinia 1 ipc under italian control and Sicily 1 ipc

Wasn’t Corsica French? Or did the Italians take it?

• Corsica was Vichy, but in 1942 Hitler got pissed off and took alot of their allowance away because they kept waving white flags when the Allies attacked them. Corsica was administered by Germany but its really in the Italian sphere of influence.

http://encarta.msn.com/sidebar_761593961/germany_occupies_vichy_france.html

i know its nov 42, but still close enough… if your more of a purist then just give Sardinia 1 IPC but call the actual land territory

“Sardinia
    Corsica”
      1IPC

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m