HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• This is basic math, if nobody aint gonna preorder, then the man aint gonna make the set. If you got the bucks but dont need the set, take one for the team and preorder anyway, man.

mr.ch0s, in case you ask me I think its great to get all this different units, even if we dont have mountains in any A&A game that I am aware off, we can always use the mountainman as neutral infantry for Scwitzerland or Sweden, and the cavalry makes for nice Saudi Arabian infantry. I only wish they will make the commanders in nation specific molds at some time, now that would make my day, man

• Narvik where have you been? Also what was your first handle ( name) and why don’t you ever post with it. It was Adlertag or Eagle? Foxy? How many others? LOL

• '16

@knp7765:

This is the first set that I don’t have a lot of interest in.  The only pieces I am really looking forward to are the major and minor factories.  I do like the idea of having them in national colors.  I think I’m going to pass on the pre-order this time and wait until the factories are offered in sets of 5.
    I am really looking forward to the French set.  I might do the pre-order on that one.

I’m too much of a piece junkie to pass it up.
    Seems this set is supposed to fill in the missing unit gap in Global War 1936 game.
    Guess I can tell myself I can use those pieces for that game one day… lol.

I also am very interested in those factories. I can finally get rid of those factory markers.

@Narvik:

mr.ch0s, in case you ask me I think its great to get all this different units, even if we dont have mountains in any A&A game that I am aware off, we can always use the mountainman as neutral infantry for Scwitzerland or Sweden, and the cavalry makes for nice Saudi Arabian infantry. I only wish they will make the commanders in nation specific molds at some time, now that would make my day, man

Nice thinking on using them pieces outside of Global War 1936. I might use this idea, lol.

Commanders in nation specific molds?
    I… very much like this idea, but it doesn’t seem practical for HBG to do that.
    I mean, for a typical set, a person will probably buy more than 1 set so they can have a couple of pieces to use.
    Specific commanders, though, you really only need 1 set.

Though now that I think about it, what they could do is add a specific commander to every future set instead of a commander set. That could work out, but the generic commanders in the 1936 set is meant for pre-orders only. They have some commander Global War expansion they’re going to use them for, so the hope for specific commanders seems a little bleak to me ATM.

• Looking to do a huge order this weekend. Any promo codes or discounts for large orders?

• '16

@bgugs:

Looking to do a huge order this weekend. Any promo codes or discounts for large orders?

None that I know of.
    Except for redeeming points for a $X code, if you bought stuff from HBG before.

• '18 '17 '16

I always check out the Sale!Sale!Sale! section. It’s a good place to get 5 cent carriers and such. If you’re looking for combat pieces the Amerika game is on sale. Their sculpts are a lot nicer than Axis and Allies sculpts. Unfortunately you only get Germany, Japan and US sculpts but they’re really nice though. When you consider how many of them that you get, it’s more cost effective than ordering that many individual pieces, plus you also get a whole new game. I use them regularly for my G40 game. Note though that the German pieces are grey and not the OOB Axis & Allies colour.

• '16

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Note though that the German pieces are grey and not the OOB Axis & Allies colour.

I had to replace all my (at that time) German pieces with grey ones because of that.
    Though I really dig grey Germans over black/really dark grey.

Was a tad disappointed that the first colors of the G1936 base set don’t include that color.

• '18 '17 '16

I painted all of my Germans Metallic Black. They look really cool. It’s kind of like black with a chrome tint to it.

• Is it just me or did the French set just slip under the radar without anyone noticing?  Of all the sets HBG had on the go, the French one was the best one; from an economic perspective especially.  I don’t understand why they produce obscure/fringe-type units that very few people will be interested in, such as Sea Planes when they can produce a set that can replace several thousand pieces.  The interest is there for it, I’ve asked around.  I don’t get it…

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Ben_D:

Is it just me or did the French set just slip under the radar without anyone noticing?  Of all the sets HBG had on the go, the French one was the best one; from an economic perspective especially.  I don’t understand why they produce obscure/fringe-type units that very few people will be interested in, such as Sea Planes when they can produce a set that can replace several thousand pieces.  The interest is there for it, I’ve asked around.  I don’t get it…

We are working on a complete set. We showed it on our Facebook Page.

• Pardon my ignorance.  I hope everything goes well for you.  I’ll be ordering at least two sets for myself, and more for other people.

• About the 1936 Base set that have been out for pre order the last 4 weeks. Exactly how long is one week in America ? It looks like the pre order will never end.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Narvik:

About the 1936 Base set that have been out for pre order the last 4 weeks. Exactly how long is one week in America ? It looks like the pre order will never end.

We measure distance in hours and days of driving. Our weeks are longer than those in Europe.
    :roll:

• Can someone post a picture of the HBG - South Dakota Class Battleship and the OOB Iowa Class Battleship side by side. I want to see if I want to purchase the HBG version as Global War II USA has the choice to build two types of battleships.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Erocco:

Can someone post a picture of the HBG - South Dakota Class Battleship and the OOB Iowa Class Battleship side by side. I want to see if I want to purchase the HBG version as Global War II USA has the choice to build two types of battleships.

Pretty sure there is a thread around here showing that. S Dakota is more detailed. But it looks different, obviously.

• For all the veteran HBG customers how often do they restock pieces? I placed a large order the other day to complete what  I need for Global War 1936 but most of the Japanese pumpkin orange pieces are out of stock. Also I like the dark grey German pieces and lot’s of those are also out of stock. I talked to the owner (I think his name is Doug) and I couldn’t get a clear answer.

• @Erocco:

For all the veteran HBG customers how often do they restock pieces? I placed a large order the other day to complete what  I need for Global War 1936 but most of the Japanese pumpkin orange pieces are out of stock. Also I like the dark grey German pieces and lot’s of those are also out of stock. I talked to the owner and (I think his name is Doug) and I couldn’t get a clear answer.

Time to break out the spray paint!

• So it will be months :-(

• Gentlemen,

Coach and his team are dealing with the Chinese and US customs to get these sets done. Their ideas and time frames and his don’t always match up. I have spoken with him about this multiple times in the last several years and it can be very frustrating to give an estimated available to purchase date and then have many circumstances beyond his control interrupt the production of his new sets. so I just order when i can and hope for the best knowing what he is dealing with to get the new units and sets produced so we can purchase them.

V/R

WARRIOR888

• Customizer

So is there any word on the French units that were announced some time ago?  Love to give coach my money for those!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m