HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Yeah, it’s one thing to have a set of advanced weapons that are 1 notch (or even half a notch) better than the typical, but so many of the new 3d-printed “expansions” just seem so out there…

• IMO, HBG has far too many irons in the fire and has lost sight of both what we want and what they originally set out to do.  The large number of roads half taken have caused me to lose faith in them.  When they were at the top of their game, the pieces they were producing were excellent.  It’s a shame we have so many unfinished product lines and essentially dead projects.  I used to check their website often.  Now, it’s something like once every six months and dropping.  That’s too bad too because they showed great promise at one point.

• Most of the custom made pieces and units at HBG reward points if purchased (At least that’s what the website claims). My last order I was suppose to be rewarded a bunch of points but never did. This was my third order at HBG and the first time this happened. When I contacted HBG via facebook (they reply within minutes if not seconds) they said not all orders reward points which puzzled me. So I specifically made a list of my purchased pieces with the corresponding amount of reward points according to the HBG website and send it off. No reply back. Anyone else experience something like this before?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Erocco:

Most of the custom made pieces and units at HBG reward points if purchased (At least that’s what the website claims). My last order I was suppose to be rewarded a bunch of points but never did. This was my third order at HBG and the first time this happened. When I contacted HBG via facebook (they reply within minutes if not seconds) they said not all orders reward points which puzzled me. So I specifically made a list of my purchased pieces with the corresponding amount of reward points according to the HBG website and send it off. No reply back. Anyone else experience something like this before?

Are you logged in to your account when purchasing and trying to redeem points or check your balance? I have not personally had this problem.

• @LHoffman:

Are you logged in to your account when purchasing and trying to redeem points or check your balance? I have not personally had this problem.

Yes I am logged in.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Erocco:

@LHoffman:

Yes I am logged in.

I am not sure then, sorry. I haven’t had an issue like that, but I also have not ordered from HBG in a while. I do have reward points in my account currently though.

• Customizer

I don’t know if this helps, but when you get some of the 3D printed pieces, they don’t award points for those because their profit margin is very small on those.
    I’ve gotten reward points on their pieces from the combat unit sets and some of the acrylic markers and battle labels.  Just not on the 3D printed pieces or old A&A pieces.

• @knp7765:

I don’t know if this helps, but when you get some of the 3D printed pieces, they don’t award points for those because their profit margin is very small on those.
    I’ve gotten reward points on their pieces from the combat unit sets and some of the acrylic markers and battle labels.  Just not on the 3D printed pieces or old A&A pieces.

Thank you for the reply knp. The order was mostly combat units and clearly the HBG website states how many points should be awarded for the pieces I’ve odered.

• '16

What do ya’ll think about the Global War 1936 Base Set?

• I love it

• '16

@Narvik:

I love it

Well, sure, but its only up for pre-order now, yeah?

Guess I was more interested in asking what did all ya think about having calvary, partisans, mountaineers and the like?
    And also the nation colored factories.

• Customizer

@ch0senfktard:

@Narvik:

I love it

Well, sure, but its only up for pre-order now, yeah?

Guess I was more interested in asking what did all ya think about having calvary, partisans, mountaineers and the like?
    And also the nation colored factories.

This is the first set that I don’t have a lot of interest in.  The only pieces I am really looking forward to are the major and minor factories.  I do like the idea of having them in national colors.  I think I’m going to pass on the pre-order this time and wait until the factories are offered in sets of 5.
    I am really looking forward to the French set.  I might do the pre-order on that one.

• This is basic math, if nobody aint gonna preorder, then the man aint gonna make the set. If you got the bucks but dont need the set, take one for the team and preorder anyway, man.

mr.ch0s, in case you ask me I think its great to get all this different units, even if we dont have mountains in any A&A game that I am aware off, we can always use the mountainman as neutral infantry for Scwitzerland or Sweden, and the cavalry makes for nice Saudi Arabian infantry. I only wish they will make the commanders in nation specific molds at some time, now that would make my day, man

• Narvik where have you been? Also what was your first handle ( name) and why don’t you ever post with it. It was Adlertag or Eagle? Foxy? How many others? LOL

• '16

@knp7765:

This is the first set that I don’t have a lot of interest in.  The only pieces I am really looking forward to are the major and minor factories.  I do like the idea of having them in national colors.  I think I’m going to pass on the pre-order this time and wait until the factories are offered in sets of 5.
    I am really looking forward to the French set.  I might do the pre-order on that one.

I’m too much of a piece junkie to pass it up.
    Seems this set is supposed to fill in the missing unit gap in Global War 1936 game.
    Guess I can tell myself I can use those pieces for that game one day… lol.

I also am very interested in those factories. I can finally get rid of those factory markers.

@Narvik:

mr.ch0s, in case you ask me I think its great to get all this different units, even if we dont have mountains in any A&A game that I am aware off, we can always use the mountainman as neutral infantry for Scwitzerland or Sweden, and the cavalry makes for nice Saudi Arabian infantry. I only wish they will make the commanders in nation specific molds at some time, now that would make my day, man

Nice thinking on using them pieces outside of Global War 1936. I might use this idea, lol.

Commanders in nation specific molds?
    I… very much like this idea, but it doesn’t seem practical for HBG to do that.
    I mean, for a typical set, a person will probably buy more than 1 set so they can have a couple of pieces to use.
    Specific commanders, though, you really only need 1 set.

Though now that I think about it, what they could do is add a specific commander to every future set instead of a commander set. That could work out, but the generic commanders in the 1936 set is meant for pre-orders only. They have some commander Global War expansion they’re going to use them for, so the hope for specific commanders seems a little bleak to me ATM.

• Looking to do a huge order this weekend. Any promo codes or discounts for large orders?

• '16

@bgugs:

Looking to do a huge order this weekend. Any promo codes or discounts for large orders?

None that I know of.
    Except for redeeming points for a $X code, if you bought stuff from HBG before.

• '18 '17 '16

I always check out the Sale!Sale!Sale! section. It’s a good place to get 5 cent carriers and such. If you’re looking for combat pieces the Amerika game is on sale. Their sculpts are a lot nicer than Axis and Allies sculpts. Unfortunately you only get Germany, Japan and US sculpts but they’re really nice though. When you consider how many of them that you get, it’s more cost effective than ordering that many individual pieces, plus you also get a whole new game. I use them regularly for my G40 game. Note though that the German pieces are grey and not the OOB Axis & Allies colour.

• '16

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Note though that the German pieces are grey and not the OOB Axis & Allies colour.

I had to replace all my (at that time) German pieces with grey ones because of that.
    Though I really dig grey Germans over black/really dark grey.

Was a tad disappointed that the first colors of the G1936 base set don’t include that color.

• '18 '17 '16

I painted all of my Germans Metallic Black. They look really cool. It’s kind of like black with a chrome tint to it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m