What it was that made James Holmes go nuts.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How 3 shells bust out of a shotgun stock is beyond me…

But great pic none the less!

And Ironic, that Bane is killed by a cannon on the batbike…

• Customizer

Hollywood loves guns. Even in Tim Burton’s Batman there were guns in the Batplane. Small Errata that f with the Batman mythos but it’s difficult to sell an action movie to brain dead studio executives without guns involved.

Apologies if this statement is deemed political.

Well the guns are there to blow holes through buildings, and collapse bridges and stuff.  Just not to kill people.

• I live and breath anger , this does not come from reading comic books but from having to deal with moronic people like you on a daily basis.

But that was what the killer said, only he had anger against himself due to low self esteem. Does the irony hit home?

• Customizer

I don’t know what this dude said or didn’t say. I haven’t read or watched any of his story after the shooting. Not do I care to as I could write his story myself and still not get anything close to the truth, anymore than our ad selling media will. What I can tell you is that although this psycho may have anger issues, as many of us do, what made him do what he did wasn’t comic books. It wasn’t movies. It wasn’t the state of modern society. He is a fucked up dude who was too weak to deal with his anger.
    You can drop all the irony comments you want to, IL, the point is if you think comics should be made only for kids because this guy lost his mind would you kindly keep your closed mind out of this conversation or find some way to go back to the 50’s when all was right in the world.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

Isn’t that a Captain Janeway quote?

Janeway’s a hack.

• @LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

Janeway’s a hack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Squall-Loire/Demotivators/janeway.jpg
    Enough said…

• the point is if you think comics should be made only for kids because this guy lost his mind

Unfortunately, you failed to understand the point. Comics promote low denominational thinking and appeal to the simplistic childish solutions for conflict resolution.

An adult with an already disturbed mind can now find fruit in this bastard world of comics and because society is becoming less humanized and compassionate. He can now live in a virtual world with lots of gadgets that substitute real human interactions ( computer, Iphone, etc) and this supports a hermit lifestyle but dehumanizes the man who engages in it.

All your anger and frustration are confirmation of what your posts in this thread became. Your defensive reaction can only be awarded to a person who displays similar traits. So your form of conflict resolution is violence, which is the same as the toilet paper books you seek joy from.

• @Imperious:

the point is if you think comics should be made only for kids because this guy lost his mind

Unfortunately, you failed to understand the point. Comics promote low denominational thinking and appeal to the simplistic childish solutions for conflict resolution.
    An adult with an already disturbed mind can now find fruit in this b��t��d world of comics and because society is becoming less humanized and compassionate. He can now live in a virtual world with lots of gadgets that substitute real human interactions ( computer, Iphone, etc) and this supports a hermit lifestyle but dehumanizes the man who engages in it.
    All your anger and frustration are confirmation of what your posts in this thread became. Your defensive reaction can only be awarded to a person who displays similar traits. So your form of conflict resolution is violence, which is the same as the toilet paper books you seek joy from.

What stats do you have to back this crap up?  How many murders, rapes, child abuse (hell, we just had a mom leave one in a car down here in SD) go unnoticed by everyone?  People kill because a lack of sensibilities and lack of self control.  While I feel sometimes Idiocracy is coming closer everyday, I also have to take into account that there are 7 billion people on this planet and the chance of a crazy being out there is just as good as someone being allergic to peanuts.  Terrible crime…feel bad for everyone involved…but its just another to a long list of crap we’ve done.  So if there were no Batman comics back in the 1800s, what made Jack the Ripper go off?  What drove Thug Behram to his shennanigans? Gilles de Rais ?  Must have been all that technology (you know, the trebuchet, the long bow…that crap still drives me crazy to this day on AOE2!).  There were crazies then, there are crazies now, and there will be crazies in the future…Batman and the Joker have nothing to do with it…we as human beings need to take responsibility for our own actions and clean up society…but since it will take a nuclear war, asteroid or some alien invasion to change us for the better, all you can do is your part to volunteer and mentor people so we can try to minimize this crap, not blame it on guns or comics or tv…such a frakin cop out…

• What stats do you have to back this crap up?

A number of things.

If you focus on reading comic books as opposed say Ulysses by James Joyce, the mind is focusing on low grade ideas meant to appeal to children. By placing the adult mind in focusing on minimal ideas you dumb down the mind.

It is the same value as watching WWF wrestling or a classic movie. Continual focus on ideas where violence predominates and fantasy prevails, just reduces mental competence in the long run.

It also promotes the idea that violence is the best and direct option to solve problems in a very subliminal way.

Most people who read comics don’t go down this road, but the fringe minds who also have other problems find easy harbor in fantasy and conflict resolution that comics offer. Over time these wackos can basically become failures at life or worse by acting out with the characters they read about, which again is the realm of children’s play.

So the adults never grow up and many failures ensue as the individual grows older.

• Customizer

@Imperious:

He can now live in a virtual world with lots of gadgets that substitute real human interactions ( computer, Iphone, etc) and this supports a hermit lifestyle but dehumanizes the man who engages in it.

Judging by your post count I would think you would be more sympathetic to the plight of the hermit. I could continue to argue a point you’ll never get because you are a closed minded self absorbed fool. Keep up the good work and always remind us that you have vast knowledge of topics you have never done any research on if you would. This pale wouldn’t be the same without you.

• Judging by your post count I would think you would be more sympathetic to the plight of the hermit. I could continue to argue a point you’ll never get because you are a closed minded self absorbed fool. Keep up the good work and always remind us that you have vast knowledge of topics you have never done any research on if you would. This pale wouldn’t be the same without you.

How soon before you get more guns and write out the manifesto? Oh wait you got that podcast nobody listens too.

• Customizer

Manifesto has been written for years my friend just waiting for the right moment to let it drop baby. Also, guns are clumsy weapons for cowards, I have none.
    And I’m quite proud of my podcast no one listens to, thank you very much.

• IL let me get this straight, I’m influenced by Comic Books because I read them? heck not just that but when I buy a paper its only to read the comics and ads, does that make me disturbed because I like escaping from reality and not reading the rest of the paper because I find the news depressing?

Now while i’m a firm believer that only the weak of mind are influenced by D&D and comics and video games, and those who believe anyone else can be affected by such outlets are also weak of mind, furthermore this story that Holmes was angry is BS and the FBI knows it since if he was angry he would have not given up the way he did.

I listen to those podcasts… LOL, some of the greatest shit ever recorded.

• Guns don’t kill people…Garfield kills people.

@Mallery29:

@LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

Janeway’s a hack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Squall-Loire/Demotivators/janeway.jpg
    Enough said…

That about sums it up. Nice.

• @Imperious:

What stats do you have to back this crap up?

A number of things.

If you focus on reading comic books as opposed say Ulysses by James Joyce, the mind is focusing on low grade ideas meant to appeal to children. By placing the adult mind in focusing on minimal ideas you dumb down the mind.
    It is the same value as watching WWF wrestling or a classic movie. Continual focus on ideas where violence predominates and fantasy prevails, just reduces mental competence in the long run.
    It also promotes the idea that violence is the best and direct option to solve problems in a very subliminal way.
    Most people who read comics don’t go down this road, but the fringe minds who also have other problems find easy harbor in fantasy and conflict resolution that comics offer. Over time these wackos can basically become failures at life or worse by acting out with the characters they read about, which again is the realm of children’s play.
    So the adults never grow up and many failures ensue as the individual grows older.

Hmmm…empty of stats…I wonder why?  Empty arguement.  Adults never grow up?  May I remind you that you are playing a board game like children do?  So you must be one hell of an epic failure! Â

And now that I think about it, I am not sure that my profile picture helps my case much in this discussion.

IL probably thinks I read comic books and live in a fantasy world where I dress up like an Israeli Urban Warfare Counter-Terrorist and blow people away…

• @LHoffman:

And now that I think about it, I am not sure that my profile picture helps my case much in this discussion.

IL probably thinks I read comic books and live in a fantasy world where I dress up like an Israeli Urban Warfare Counter-Terrorist and blow people away…

Got that right…and as for me, well, I dream of killing Bajorans (well, sleep with the hot Bajoran women, kill the rest), and have no problem selling my soul (oh wait, I’m in the Navy, already did that!).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m